Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Heres an updated card for the July 19 "Affliction: Banned" event in Anaheim, CA.

MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Ben Rothwell vs. TBA
Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko*
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
PRELIMINARY CARD

Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young
J.J. Ambrose vs. Patrick Speight
Brett Cooper vs. Mike Pyle

* - not signed

that card looks so ++####@ rediculous

I might have to save up and go to that show since the damn arena is only like 5 mins away

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^ I dont think they explicitly said that he would be off the card. He does have 12 days after he gets out.

Im sure he can just do a ton of cardio while locked up.

* scratch that. mmaweekly is saying he is out.

Well, yea, If you clicked the link, it would have shown the full story.
I wanted to see Robbie Lawler fight Eddie Alvarez but whatever. The AfflictionCard is amazing, isn't the fighter payout supposed to be like $6 Million? Whatever it is, it makes the UFC's payroll look like chump change.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^ I dont think they explicitly said that he would be off the card. He does have 12 days after he gets out.

Im sure he can just do a ton of cardio while locked up.

* scratch that. mmaweekly is saying he is out.

Well, yea, If you clicked the link, it would have shown the full story.
I wanted to see Robbie Lawler fight Eddie Alvarez but whatever. The Affliction Card is amazing, isn't the fighter payout supposed to be like $6 Million? Whatever it is, it makes the UFC's payroll look like chump change.
sick.gif

BoDog Part Deux

Word, dudes were getting paid less than sparring partners. I saw the movie Redbelt BTW, not bad for a Hollywood type Jiu Jitsu movie.

Not even that. BoDog lost soooooooo much money from the Lindland/Fedor fight. Affliction is gonna lose so much money IMO.

Originally Posted by Gothams Terror

that card looks so ++####@ rediculous

I might have to save up and go to that show since the damn arena is only like 5 mins away
same here

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Word, dudes were getting paid less than sparring partners. I saw the movie Redbelt BTW, not bad for a Hollywood type Jiu Jitsu movie.

Not even that. BoDog lost soooooooo much money from the Lindland/Fedor fight. Affliction is gonna lose so much money IMO.
Hopefully Affliction doesnt end up as a one and done type org. The PPV numbers have to rival those of a UFC event if they are going to have anychance of breaking even.

I havent had a chance to watch all of Dream 3 yet but so far... not too bad.

Dont want to spoil it for those like me who still have it on Tivo but...

Kawajiri is one bad mofo.
Hansen v. Alvarez was nice. talk about landing some straight up bombs.
Kim v. Manhoef... granted the fight was a done deal, but anyone else think that he got away with a vicious illegal knee to the back of the head?

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

alot of people are jumping on the Jacare bandwagon all of a sudden now? :tongue:

not sure how big of a "bandwagon" it is when most casual UFC fans have no idea who he is. He looked impressive over a no-name overmatched rookiebut it will be interesting to see what he can do against top level competition. Not sure he's going to see any for some time since (according towikipedia) he draws Taiei Kin in the next round and barring any upsets, will face the winner of Saku v. Tamura.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^Nope. Jason Day vs. Michael Bisping at UFC 85.

Nothing against J. Day, I was just hoping to see Quarry/Bisping bang it out that night. Would've been awesome to watch. Hopefully Day brings that same power and striking he had against Belcher at 73.

Co-sign on the Quarry/Bisping matchup. Fight wouldve been fireworks, with Quarry getting the KO

^ wheres the dude with the Joachim Hansen avy? No comments?

Win or lose, Hansen is exciting to watch. He needs to fight state side to get more pub with the casual US Fans.

That's one hell of a card especially for the HW division. And I also saw on sherdog that Arlovski will be the one to take on Rothwell. I don't thinkany PPV that UFC puts on this year can match that Affliction card.

^ call me a UFC homer if you will, but I have to say that UFC 84 looks just as impressive as the Affliction card

BJ v. Sherk
Tito v. Machida
Silva v. Jardine
UFC debut of Shane Carwin, Yoshiyuki Yoshida & Dong Hyun Kim
Throw in Thiago Silva & Sokoudjou (not fighting each other of course)

I'm as amped as any MMA fan to see Fedor fight a legitimate opponent (if you consider Timmy to be a legitimate HW... I do), but the prospect of seeing BJpull off some slick armbar on Sherk's short little t-rex arm... cant wait!

tim sylvia is def. a legitimate opponent. i think he's bad matchup for fedor. hopefully i can catch this one in person.

and kimbo vs iron mike was reported by mediatakeout so i wouldnt take it serious

Anyone going to the best buy in west hollywood on monday? EliteXC fighters will be there for a signing. Diaz, Shileds, Carano, Baroni, and Shamrock arescheduled. I might hit it up. Never been to a signing like that before.

Here are updated cards for the rest of May:

UFC 84: Ill Will

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

Champ B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk (for lightweight title)
Keith Jardine vs. Wanderlei Silva
Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic
Lyoto Machida vs. Tito Ortiz
Thiago Silva vs. Antonio Mendes

PRELIMINARY CARD (NOT TELEVISED)

Rousimar Palhares vs. Ivan Salaverry
Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Rich Clementi vs. Terry Etim
John Koppenhaver vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Dong-Hyun Kim vs. Jason Tan
Shane Carwin vs. Christian Wellisch

EliteXC on CBS

MAIN CARD

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. James Thompson
Champ Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith (for EliteXC middleweight title)
Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young
Jon Murphy vs. Brett Rogers
Phil Baroni vs. Joey Villasenor

PRELIMINARY CARD

Wilson Reis vs. Justin Robbins
Matt Makowski vs. Nick Serra
Carlton Haselrig vs. Bryan Vetell
Zach Makovsky vs. Andre Soares
Mike Groves vs. Joe Sampieri
Jim Bova vs. Chris Liguori
James "Binky" Jones vs. Calvin Kattar

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Anyone going to the best buy in west hollywood on monday? EliteXC fighters will be there for a signing. Diaz, Shileds, Carano, Baroni, and Shamrock are scheduled. I might hit it up. Never been to a signing like that before.

afflliction is having one too
The organization announced today that they'll be stopping in Century City's Westfield Mall on May 20 (weird, that's the same day tickets for the July 19 event in Anaheim go on sale!) at 12:30 p.m., then it's off to NYC's Trump Tower on May 22 at 10:30 a.m.

In case you're worried that these "press conferences" will only be open to members of the press, never fear. Both events are open to the public. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were even a few t-shirts for sale. You know, if you ask nicely.

Affliction will be bringing some of the stars of their upcoming event, including Fedor Emelianenko, Tim Sylvia, Josh Barnett, Pedro Rizzo, Ben Rothwell, Matt Lindland, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, and Mike Whitehead. Could Andrei Arlovski make a surprise appearance, perhaps initially posing as a reporter and then ripping off his disguise as the crowd lets out a collective gasp? We'll have to wait and see, but if it happens at the NYC event you can bet Cage Potato will be there to gasp louder than anyone else.

Originally Posted by wildout4

The organization announced today that they'll be stopping in Century City's Westfield Mall on May 20 (weird, that's the same day tickets for the July 19 event in Anaheim go on sale!) at 12:30 p.m., then it's off to NYC's Trump Tower on May 22 at 10:30 a.m.

In case you're worried that these "press conferences" will only be open to members of the press, never fear. Both events are open to the public. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were even a few t-shirts for sale. You know, if you ask nicely.

Affliction will be bringing some of the stars of their upcoming event, including Fedor Emelianenko, Tim Sylvia, Josh Barnett, Pedro Rizzo, Ben Rothwell, Matt Lindland, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, and Mike Whitehead. Could Andrei Arlovski make a surprise appearance, perhaps initially posing as a reporter and then ripping off his disguise as the crowd lets out a collective gasp? We'll have to wait and see, but if it happens at the NYC event you can bet Cage Potato will be there to gasp louder than anyone else.

shhhhhh..... my office is within walking distance of Century City Mall and I go there for lunch all the time. You better believe Im going to be there onmy lunch break. Hopefully its not a complete zoo.

Sorry I'm a little late on this one guys.

AFFLICTION: BANNED presale tickets went on sale today at 10:00 PT

PRESALE PASSWORD: BANNED2008

I got my tickets, who else is going?

Back
Top Bottom