Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Wow cant believe he just announced his retirement.
He didn't announce his retirement, why are people so god damn stupid. When did anyone on the tv say "Fedor is retiring"?????????????????????

Idiots...the translator said maybe I'm finished, maybe it's time to retire.

Nothing concrete, stop trying to create rumors.

Unless he makes the drop or changes camps (i don't see either happening) then yes, he is done.

He doesn't want it anymore it seems. thanks for the memories.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

How many fights does he have left on his contract? Maybe he'll honor his remaining fights.
Going into this fight, he had 4 more fights i believe. This fight was his 3rd from his first SF contract (Rogers and Werdum being the first 2 fights), and he signed another 3 fight contract last month. So now he has 3 fights left after tonight.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

son is speaking some space alien language

he shoudl throw a few clicks and pops in there while hes at it
please don't be ignorant and disrespect the Russian language.
was talking about the other guy and his attempt to speak english, but since we're on the subject russian isn't a pretty-sounding language

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Wow cant believe he just announced his retirement.
He didn't announce his retirement, why are people so god damn stupid. When did anyone on the tv say "Fedor is retiring"?????????????????????

Idiots...the translator said maybe I'm finished, maybe it's time to retire.

Nothing concrete, stop trying to create rumors.

The legend is over bro, its time to move on.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by retro23phan

i will be on suicide watch

Its all good man
frown.gif
Atleast he will go down for having wars with the best in pride and true MMA fans knowing hes the G.O.A.T. Fedor was the fighter that fought u where ever and dominated you there. No disrespect to Anderson or GSP he fought to his opponents strengths and destroyed them there. Fedor will be missed
tired.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
i followed him closely in his pride days and i would always show my dad how indestructible he is. his last fight brought tears to our eyes and this is no different. im starting to believe in what many people say, "he is the great heavyweight but has not fought any of the top ten heavyweights". he will forever be my favorite fighter.

p.s. his fight with cro-cop is my favorite fight of all time.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

30t6p3b.gif
@ MR's comment about Fedor dropping to 205...to think he was a Pride commentator.

FS brushing it off though.
laugh.gif

Word, Mauro's been kind of annoying to me lately.

Even though fedor's was eye completely closed, I still think they should of let him fight. I mean c'mon its fedor how can you not let him keep fighting. That's jus my opinion..

Originally Posted by JuMpMaN J 23

Even though fedor's was eye completely closed, I still think they should of let him fight. I mean c'mon its fedor how can you not let him keep fighting. That's jus my opinion..

Because there could've been serious damage to the eye.
Better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

M1 = M done! What did I tell you Vadummy!!

-Dana White

@evgenikogan @danawhite easy to be a prick tweeting on your phone, isn't it? Come see us and say it to Vadim's face - we're in 'Jersey, coward

Feelings were caught, tonight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Worst thing to happen for the Strikeforce tourney.
things in strikeforce don't always go as planned, i think a number of people were doubting that we'd see fedor vs. overeem.  we'll never see that fight now.  it's possible that werdum and rogers make it to the second round, then we'd have matchups no one wanted.  the other fights last night were crap.  should've just did the whole 1st round of the tourney.

strikeforce needs to get rid of gus johnson.  he doesn't know anything about mma and calls everyone a legend.  get rid of shamrock too.  put pat miletich as a permanent commentator and maybe also bring in bas.

Never had respect for Dana White and last nite gave it even more validity

what a D-Bag.

heres to hoping someone buries an elbow into the bridge of his nose and its caught on TV or youtube.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sonnen still talking.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sonnen mocks 'chump' Silva for wasting secret weapon[/h1]
ESPN staff
February 8, 2011 http://www.espn.co.uk/golf/sport/story/72923.html
20479.2.jpg

Chael Sonnen has mocked Anderson Silva following his victory over Vitor Belfort, claiming the UFC middleweight champion used the one weapon which could have surprised Sonnen in a future rematch.

Silva produced one of the all-time UFC knockouts against Belfort at UFC 126, stunning his compatriot with a front kick to the chin that instantly crumpled the challenger.

Sonnen watched with intrigue, knowing it could have been him facing Silva for the second time in Las Vegas had he not still been suspended for posting abnormally high levels of testosterone - later explained by a medical condition.

A Silva v Sonnen rematch will surely happen in the future, after the pair produced the Fight of the Year in 2010, with Sonnen dominant for over four rounds before a last-ditch submission by the champion. In the eyes of many critics, Silva's triumph was lucky, and now Sonnen claims he has played the one card that could have shocked him when the pair meet again.

"Thank you, Anderson, for revealing yet another weakness for me to exploit in our rematch," Sonnen was quoted as saying on paullazenby.com. "Beating that poor punching bag doesn't impress Uncle Chael.

"You tipped your hand like a chump poker player at a $5 table in Atlantic City. You may have beaten Vitor, but in the process, you LOST your edge.

"By beating that husk, you gave me the last page of your playbook. Revel in your time, it ENDS the night you face me. I will mow you down like autumn wheat, AGAIN."

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sonnen claims he beat Silva at least five times[/h1]
ESPN staff
February 12, 2011 http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/73531.html
14623.2.jpg

Chael Sonnen seems intent on keeping his name alive in the UFC during his suspension from the sport, claiming his fight with Anderson Silva should have been stopped at least five times before Silva snatched victory at the death.

Sonnen is currently suspended due to non-disclosure of medicine use, but that has not stopped him having his say on middleweight rival and champion Silva.

Following the Brazilian's stunning knockout victory over Vitor Belfort at UFC 126, Sonnen labelled Silva a "chump" for using the only weapon - the front kick - that could have surprised Sonnen in an inevitable rematch.

Reflecting on his loss to Silva at UFC 117, when the champion suffered a four-round beating before winning with a late submission, Sonnen's latest claim is that the referee should have awarded him the fight way before the eventual conclusion.

"I hit Anderson Silva with more unanswered, undefended strikes than any fighter has landed on an opponent in the history of combat sports. Go count 'em up, Pointdexters," he told PaulLazenby.com

"I struck him more times than Quasimodo struck the church bell at Notre Dame. I hit him so many times that I stopped fighting because my fists bouncing off his melon were ringing so loudly that it sounded like a bell, and I thought that the round, and the fight, were over. Actually, that's not true - I actually stopped out of mercy and boredom.

"God knows, if he hit me with a TENTH of the undefended shots I hit him with, the ref would have pulled him off me faster than a meth-head pulls the foil off a dozen shoplifted Dristan tablets. I hit him enough to have the fight stopped FIVE TIMES, in FIVE separate rounds.

"Therefore, I consider myself 5-1 against him, even allowing for his tainted triangle which only came after I thought the fight was over, and I had already turned the side of his head into a bowl of porridge with my fists."

This guy is a fool.

sonnen is an idiot,
ohwell.gif
sherdog does love him tho

very surprised fedor lasted that 2nd round.
the reem will win the tourny imo

IF Sonnen ever gets another shot, I hope Silva absolutely destroys him. What does he think, Silva didn't learn anything from their fight?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Never had respect for Dana White and last nite gave it even more validity

what a D-Bag.

heres to hoping someone buries an elbow into the bridge of his nose and its caught on TV or youtube.

First off, props to Bigfoot, and much respect to Fedor...but DW is a promoter, and he's just doing his thing, not to mention there's some honest truth in his tweets. Also, let's not forget about how much grief M-1 caused, well, everybody.

I guess when it comes down to it, worse things are said in MMA every day. GSP gets criticized for flawless performances, Jon Jones is called a primadonna for things OTHER people say about him (before absolutely validating that praise), and im not sure if an hour goes by when Rashad isn't trashed for everything under the sun...but nobody can say anything about Fedor when the "Michael Jordan of MMA" gets punked by a 3-1 dog?

what exactly is he promoting? where is the truth?

acting like Fedor doesnt deserve every ounce of Praise and respect he gets (and EARNED) is Crazy and even stupider.

Dana White saying Fedor " hasnt done anything for the sport"

thats "honest truth" to you?

100% CRAP

Fedor is one of the all time greatest in MMA. I will not argue that. I like Fedor! But you've brought up a good point...tell me, what has he done for the sport, exactly? A great Japanese Pride champion of course...is he responsible for the popularity of the sport? Did he help legitimize the sport? Did he help other fighters get paid?

The Fedor I've watched over the past several years was a great talent who, hand in hand with M-1, handcuffed and strangled MMA organizations, and for the most part hand picked opponents. Frankie Edgar deserves every ounce of praise he gets. Fedor used the praise he earned at the beginning of the decade and tried to capitalize on it for as long as possible. The money train is arriving at it's final destination.

When I was talking about truth in DW's statements: Fedor was declining. He was exposed, and beating Arlovski, Sylvia, and Rogers was NOTHING to write home about. Hong Man Choi? Middleweight Matt Lindland? Wagner Martins? Nobody on the same level since Cro Cop and Nog. The "Michael Jordan" of MMA.

Was Dana being a jerk? Of course! When is he not? Do understand the history between Dana and M-1, though. He is THE PRESIDENT of the UFC, and he is promoting the UFC as the major leagues of MMA. He does it his way, and it certainly seems to be working.

Man whoever said this tourney is crashed and burned, you are dumb. This tourney is still completely interesting.

Back
Top Bottom