OFFICIAL MORTAL KOMBAT 11 THREAD || PS5 Ultimate Edition Nov. 17th || Mileena Byke!

Just preordered physical. The DLC list looks great. Acouple favorites on there and 3rd party characters :wow:

The community is losing their shut right now though because early players of the game commented on how the Krypt is a lootbox again and you have to go through it to get certain customizable wardrobe pieces and skins as well as fatalities and brutalities if you aren’t outright buying them with actual money. Not sure why people are surprised. The krypt has always been like that and it’s been random since Deadly Alliance. That’s the nature of fighting games now. Street Fighter 5 took A LOT of my money just off DLC alone. 3 DLC seasons at $30 a piece and that’s not even counting stages I’ve bought.

What I’m really interested in is that Mercy is confirmed in the game :nerd: old school MK players know what that means :nerd: :nerd:
It wasn't random in the PS2 games. You could find a list of what the coffins had in them online, normally on IGN. I remember because the first thing I would do is look up which ones would give you bonus coins . Plus you could go through Konquest mode, which was pretty much a single player adventure mode, and NPCs would literally just give you coins. So you never really felt like you didn't have enough. I'm not one of the complainers though. I'll most likely just buy the costumes and gear I want anyway if I don't feel like grinding it. I don't have time for grinding games much these days |l

It wasn't random in the PS2 games. You could find a list of what the coffins had in them online, normally on IGN. I remember because the first thing I would do is look up which ones would give you bonus coins . Plus you could go through Konquest mode, which was pretty much a single player adventure mode, and NPCs would literally just give you coins. So you never really felt like you didn't have enough. I'm not one of the complainers though. I'll most likely just buy the costumes and gear I want anyway if I don't feel like grinding it. I don't have time for grinding games much these days |l

The days of DA there wasn’t any online and I think online was first introduced in Deception so they HAD to reward you through single player exploits and having an ordered Krypt system cause if you didn’t have friends to come over and play you weren’t getting too much else out the game but now that we live in this online age they’re going to milk online for all it’s worth with micro transactions. I honestly like it because those who truly invest in the game are rewarded and it creates a divide between casuals and competitors. Too much trolling going on anyway. Plus the customizable accessories is a fun addition but it far from make or breaks the game, at least for me.

Yes but different coffins are different prices and you get a set amount of coins for doing different tasks so there in lies the frustration for some. You’d have to play for hundreds of hours just to unlock maybe 1/8th of the Krypt. Or you could just pay $25 for like 800,000 krypt coins and buy out like 1/3rd of the krypt. I think it’s fair both ways. The complaints are coming from people who bought the $100 dollar special edition ironically :smh:
Bought the premium edition, IT should be illegal to have f2p game mechanics in a $60+ game. I get that I paid an extra $40 for dlc and skins but IT just doesn't sit well with me.

Wait, so is that krypt system like how injustice has that loot box system. You grind it out and get gear and stuff like that for each character?

Yes but different coffins are different prices and you get a set amount of coins for doing different tasks so there in lies the frustration for some. You’d have to play for hundreds of hours just to unlock maybe 1/8th of the Krypt. Or you could just pay $25 for like 800,000 krypt coins and buy out like 1/3rd of the krypt. I think it’s fair both ways. The complaints are coming from people who bought the $100 dollar special edition ironically :smh:

People should just play the damn game and they should be ok :lol:

If they want everything easily unlocked they should just wait for the complete edition to go on sale

Bought the premium edition, IT should be illegal to have f2p game mechanics in a $60+ game. I get that I paid an extra $40 for dlc and skins but IT just doesn't sit well with me.

Blame the Minecraft kids. They opened the flood gates for mini additionals to be charged. I personally like it though. Gone are the days where we bought a game and were completely done with it by the next month cause we played it nonstop for hours until there was nothing left to do. With f2p you can extend the life of a single game for years now based on how much you enjoy it.

Blame the Minecraft kids. They opened the flood gates for mini additionals to be charged. I personally like it though. Gone are the days where we bought a game and were completely done with it by the next month cause we played it nonstop for hours until there was nothing left to do. With f2p you can extend the life of a single game for years now based on how much you enjoy it.

Like overwatch I know they make good money off of loot boxes are already accepted that I’m never going to unlock everything
Because they keep adding ****
And you have to super grind just to get a loot box
But it keeps the game alive though
I’m not spending a dime on that ****
I’m only making a exception for MK 11
Because I’ll be damn if I miss out on any DLC characters this go round
MKX was a easy pass on the Kombat pack **** I don’t even play with any of those characters now :lol:

Homie cmon now. A good game will last no matter what. Mvc2 immediately comes to mind.

Homie cmon now. A good game will last no matter what. Mvc2 immediately comes to mind.

Nobody is playing that online though
You would have to go back to the good old days where people had to pull up to play you
Especially with Mvc2 to online store version is horrible

How fun was MvC2 without anyone to play with after a month. I still have my version for my working Dreamcast that I got day of release from Funcoland so I’m speaking from experience...

I’m not paying for basically a new game to get characters .... **** that , whatever the game comes with is made for me lol

I was gonna wait for a sale on this but did some good trades and preordered it. Had a blast playing Mortal Kombat 9 on 360

How fun was MvC2 without anyone to play with after a month. I still have my version for my working Dreamcast that I got day of release from Funcoland so I’m speaking from experience...
I think we’re talking about 2 different things. Gaming today is different in a sense where there are no true “fans” that stick it out outside of Smash bros. New game comes out and the old is dropped regardless. DLC is the industry’s attempt to stop that for a bit. To me it’s sad. If a game is good then people should just play it. Fighting games, I think, have this happen the hardest and fastest. People are after the sponsorships now and will play whatever has it. Happens over and over

I think we’re talking about 2 different things. Gaming today is different in a sense where there are no true “fans” that stick it out outside of Smash bros. New game comes out and the old is dropped regardless. DLC is the industry’s attempt to stop that for a bit. To me it’s sad. If a game is good then people should just play it. Fighting games, I think, have this happen the hardest and fastest. People are after the sponsorships now and will play whatever has it. Happens over and over

But there isn’t anything that forces you to buy the DLC. The experience is only enhanced from it but at its core it’s still the $60 game you purchased. Fighting games are trying their hardest to survive in a generation that doesn’t have the patience to learn them. It’s a different time. Most of us are arcade kids we look at it from a different lens but the new kids that are coming up now can’t stand the repetition and the DLC from these companies are the only way to stay fresh. It’s no different than us buying Street Fighter 2 and then buying Street Fighter 2: Turbo the next year and then Super Street Fighter 2 the year after that....

But there isn’t anything that forces you to buy the DLC. The experience is only enhanced from it but at its core it’s still the $60 game you purchased. Fighting games are trying their hardest to survive in a generation that doesn’t have the patience to learn them. It’s a different time. Most of us are arcade kids we look at it from a different lens but the new kids that are coming up now can’t stand the repetition and the DLC from these companies are the only way to stay fresh. It’s no different than us buying Street Fighter 2 and then buying Street Fighter 2: Turbo the next year and then Super Street Fighter 2 the year after that....
Bro get ALL of that. I’m just saying it sucks. Companies knowing games have a short shelf life throw all cares out the window. We see that all with day 1 glitch updates and unfinished releases

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom