[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

I wouldn't say it was horrible, he's just off to a slow start.

Mid season you'll appreciate him, he'll always have a high OBP and thats what you want from your # 2 guy.

Santana has a lot of pitches through the 1st two innings, probably some butterflies.

smh.gif
at johan giving up so many homeruns... his fastball is getting tagged

i would rather have someone who can at least hit a ball to the outfield than a bunter/ground out guy in the 2 hole. Castillo is more of a leadoff guy with hisOBP and walks. Anywhere else in the lineup, he is a just a black hole and usually a wasted out.

Plus Reyes has been terrible with Castillo behind him.

Originally Posted by nightruans

smh.gif
at johan giving up so many homeruns... his fastball is getting tagged

Same thing I was gonna post. He always has given up alot lot of HR's though. Ima chalk it up to his first game at Shea.......

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

i wouldnt say signing castillo was a bad signing as much as i would say he got 2 years 2 many

I guess thats what makes me the most angry. 4 years for this guy whos coming off 2 knee surgeries and cant hit.

i wouldnt say signing castillo was a bad signing as much as i would say he got 2 years 2 many

Now THAT I agree with.

The bats fell asleep after the 1st inning, and even with a mediocre outing today, Johan still only gave up 2 ER through 6 2/3, but Willie tried to squeeze himwhen he's over 100 pitches and gave up another HR on a flat fastball (the other HR's were on change ups).

Willie should have pulled him right then (after the 2 out walk) to keep the game at 1 run. It also hasn't helped at all with the poor fielding sinceyesterday.

But like I said.....Johan hasn't even been dominant yet and he's still holding his own (thsis is the only game he gave up over 2 ER), I expected untilmid-season before he became comfortable in a different league.

Props to Sheets though, he's dealing.

Mets fans are just dumb. Booing Santana after a great game? If anyone is to be boo'd, it's the putrid offense.

But then again, i should have expected this since Kaz Matsui and Carlos Beltran.

if the mets fans are dumb for booing santana after a great game i can't imagine the intelligence level of yankee fans who booed arod 2 years ago after hewon the mvp the year prior

yea booing players like santana and Arod is rediculous. everyone has their bad days, but as always with NY fans, we accept nothing less than the best from ourteams.

BTW johnnyredstorm or whoever else that has it, can i get that TEAM METS sig? longtime lurker , just got accepted

lol yea no problem with yuku all you have to do is copy and paste it into the sig box in your account page

click my account and then edit signatures then add new 1 and copy and paste it and click to center the the sig

cool thanks bro.... smh at dudes already thinking santana is a bust.. get back to me in september when we clinch the division and santana gets his cy young

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Now THAT I agree with.

The bats fell asleep after the 1st inning, and even with a mediocre outing today, Johan still only gave up 2 ER through 6 2/3, but Willie tried to squeeze him when he's over 100 pitches and gave up another HR on a flat fastball (the other HR's were on change ups).

Willie should have pulled him right then (after the 2 out walk) to keep the game at 1 run. It also hasn't helped at all with the poor fielding since yesterday.

But like I said.....Johan hasn't even been dominant yet and he's still holding his own (thsis is the only game he gave up over 2 ER), I expected until mid-season before he became comfortable in a different league.

Props to Sheets though, he's dealing.
While I agree that Willie makes some questionable moves, this one I'm NOT second-guessing.

Come on now... Johan was looking ok, got the first 2 outs and was looking to get that third out. Right during the game I said it was a good call to leave himin. Even after the walk. He's the ace of the staff. And if you can't trust your ace to get the 3rd out of the 7th inning, then who the hell else canyou trust? Yes, in retrospect WR could have pulled him so that he could have walked off the mound to cheers from the crowd. But I'm not mad at all thatJohan was left in there at that stage of the game.

And yeah, Sheets was looking pretty damn good out there.

On a side note, I think Carlos El Gato is done. And if he's done, we got problems. Yeah, I know it's early. But he looks the same as he did last year.Which is NOT a good sign at all.

I really wish we would have gotten A-Rod.
ohwell.gif

From what I remember, Santana's location was just off all game, and fell behind the count a lot, yet only gave up 2 ER until that point when he gave up the2 run dinger. The home runs that were hit were all mistakes: a high fastball, a high change up, and a cutter that did not get in on Kappler.

I'm still pretty impressed by what he was able to do despite the issues he had, ace pitchers have a way making the most of their outings even when they areoff.

For the record, my friend was at the game and said that the fans boo'd when Kappler hit the homerun, and were booing Willie for taking him out, not Santanaspecifically (although it didn't surprise me when I initially thought the boos were for Santana...but it was just a few of them).

But anyways, I don't get upset over single game losses, with baseball you just have to look at SERIES WINS because its such a damn long season.
laugh.gif

I'm not even mad at Gado....that inning was ALL Castillo's fault.

5 double plays in the last 5 innings with a lead off man on, 10 stranded on base, what more do you want?!?!?!

well with things not going our way.. im just glad the phillies n braves are doing the same, if not worse than us so far.

i gotta admit, this early inconsistency is aggravating

hopefully they can pick up a few games against the nationals

Yeah, Gato isn't the only one to blame. I'm just frustrated.

Ollie was horrible. That's where the blame starts.

I expect a sweep of the Gnats. 2 out of 3 at worst.

Back
Top Bottom