[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

I'm still smh at Cancel. Dude is a bum. There's a reason he's just getting called to the big leagues after 9 years in the minors.

I'm still smh at Cancel. Dude is a bum. There's a reason he's just getting called to the big leagues after 9 years in the minors.

Cancel has given the Mets some real good PH at bats, clutch ones at that.

Not his fault he's starting, he's a 3rd stringer and Castro twisted his ankle.

2008, year of the injuries.

According to Buster Olney at ESPN.com, the Twins expect to know today whether Livan Hernandez will clear waivers.

If he clears, Olney believes several teams will be interested in signing Hernandez, including the Mets and Rockies.

In a quick post to Baseball Prospectus, Will Carroll says he expects Hernandez to sign with the Mets by mid-week.

Hernandez had been 10-8 in 23 starts for the Twins this season with a 5.48 ERA before being designated for assignment last week.

Transferred OF Angel Pagan from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list.

August 5, 2008
Billy Wagner headed to DL

Billy Wagner's MRI revealed a strained left forearm. He's headed to the disabled list.

"Which is good news, really because it's not the elbow," GM Omar Minaya said.

Ruddy Lugo should be active for tonight's game to work in the bullpen.

Jerry Manuel said he'll employ a bullpen by committee, with Aaron Heilman atop the pecking order because he gets lefties and righties out.

Eddie Kunz will still try to be shielded.

Oliver Perez will now pitch Friday. That presumably returns Jon Niese as a factor for a spot start.

Ruddy Lugo from Brooklyn is here for relief and not for the spot start, Manuel said. Lugo was a late call and won't arrive until after the game begins.

Carlos Beltran must be in a groove, because he's back to No. 5 in the order today. Here's the lineup for the series opener against the Padres:

Reyes, ss
Murphy, lf
Wright, 3b
Delgado, 1b
Beltran, cf
Tatis, rf
Easley, 2b
Schneider, c
Pelfrey, rhp

Beltran needs to bat 5, because with him 2nd, 5-9 is absolutely
sick.gif

Wags on the DL is unappreciated. No matter how many times he lets us down, I think the Mets need him to close. He's the best we have.

Would love to see Niese get a start here in the week. Hopefully we hear early so I can head out to see it.

^^^^Yeah, he definitely has an idea up at the plate, and his defense has looked pretty good too.

The offense right now still looks
sick.gif

Mets hitters are having some difficulty picking up the ball on Young for some reason, hopefully 3rd time through the order things will change.

They are making him work though, not wasting at bats.

I'm going to make a very non-straight comment and I don't care. If it's steroids that are making Tatis hit like that, I'll hold the syringe.

at what point do we say Heilman is never coming back mentally or physically. He's not going to turn it around here which is why he should have been tradedfor Street at the deadline.

Heilman is the anti-Michael Jordan. He makes everyone around him worse, even in baseball which is virtually impossible to do, Heilman succeeds in that sense.

Back
Top Bottom