[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

I'm at shea right now watching the game and Guisseppe Franco is in the building. Lmao the whole crowd was goin crazy when they showed him on the bigscreen.

That is a very very tough scored error on David, he had no chance with that top spin.

They gotta try to get this game tonight, cause you know what you're going to get from Santana tomm.

Originally Posted by chino905

I'm at shea right now watching the game and Guisseppe Franco is in the building. Lmao the whole crowd was goin crazy when they showed him on the big screen.

He doesn't own the company. He doesn't know anything about it!

I smell an L. 6 7 8 for the 8th inning probably won't make a dent in the game, and Hoffman isn't injured, right?

Nice outing by Pedro, he should really warm up more before games though.

No big hits tonight + mental mistakes = loss.

Santana tomm (early day game), Mets should take the series.

Originally Posted by poorniko

who's going to pitch on friday?

Perez on Friday and Saturday's starter is supposedly still up in the air. All I know is I'd rather see Niese get a shot than to see Vargas outthere.

About Wright...it just looks to me like something's wrong. Maybe it's just a slump, but it seems like something is affecting just about everyaspect of his game. Batting, fielding/throwing, base running. I don't know, I'm probably looking into it too much, but he just LOOKS likesomething's not going right in his life, like there's something else that's causing this mental block. Like I said, there's probably nothingto it but dude just seems off.

Wright is a little off but he has been trying to hit to opposite field, whenever he does that I am satisfied.

I would sit him out tomm though, maybe he needs a day off.

Beltran on the other hand, he's just been off since the All Star Break, he was hitting well prior to that and now he just looks lost.

Anyonw catch that unbelievable RUNS stat on SNY during the game? We're +83 in the first 3 innings and -42 in the last 3 innings.

I think the running error by Murphy when he got doubled up on the fly ball really hurt us. We had just tied the game at that point and had runners on thecorners. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Lets just try to win a damn series.

According to Ken Rosenthal, Padres right fielder Brian Giles was claimed on waivers by an unknown team. Giles has about $2.7MM left on his contract this year. He also has a $9MM option for '09 with a $3MM buyout (which logically should be exercised). Giles gets another $2MM if traded. Rosenthal adds that Giles can block deals to the Orioles, Red Sox, Tigers, Rays, Marlins, Brewers, Pirates, and Nationals.

Rosenthal says the Padres will attempt to make a deal with the claiming team, though it won't be a salary dump. Giles, 37, is hitting .318/.405/.438 away from PETCO this year. Not too many players are capable of a .400 OBP.

I seriously hope its the Mets, but I'm hearing the Padres would actually "compete" with whatever team claimed him and pick up his option?Strange because you'd think the Padres would want to dump salary and try to get younger.

Santana pitching a gem
pimp.gif

Santana needs to get out of this inning and let Kunz close out the ninth. And just as I type this Jerry has to be a punk and pull Santana. So stupid if you askme just let him give up a run before he comes out. Bullpen needs rest stop babying Johan with his pitch count.

indifferent.gif
Jerry really over manages the bullpen. Damn the Red Sox claimed Giles, can't the Mets block the claim and pick him up. What the hell Jerry make a damndecision you're looking like a fool out there.

Mets will be lucky if this game is still tied after this inning.

Pedro Feliciano a 3rd straight day, Jerry is looking like Willie today.

God Jerry even with a short, tired bullpen you are using 3 pitchers in the 8th and there's a possibility for extra innings. Jerry better pray there'sno extras because he's going to have no arms left. Heilman better have the day off.

Seriously, we would be lucky to get out of this inning with just a tie...
mad.gif

Manuel should have left Santana in there with the way our bullpen has been overused.

Back
Top Bottom