[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

eek.gif
all around, even if evans was off the bag i'll take it
laugh.gif

Reyes to Reyes baby Great pick by Evans. Nice job out of Smith. You could probably keep Smith on for the 9th, which I think Jerry will do and then just mix andmatch.

...and if this game goes extras the team will have no pen left, Jerry is having Willie-syndrome today.

Kunz should have started the 9th anyways.

Honestly, did any of you think the Mets were going to have an easy 8th-9th? I know I know I didn't.

Wow...
alien.gif
nobody saw this coming right?

Another wasted effort by Santana, seriously he should be at 12-14 wins easily by now. Is it me or does everytime Santana pitch somehow we just find a way tolose it for him?

Hahaha...wow.

I 95% sure that Johan !*@@+* the wives/girlfriends of just about every member of the bullpen.

Turrble.

I was just thinking about writing David needs to deliver to make up for the past 2 days and boy oh boy did he deliver.

Wright has been slumping but the past few days he's been getting a few hits and trying to go opposite field every time, that's how you break out of aslump. That is Wright's 1st walk off homerun (he's had walk off hits).

Good job, Santana would arguably be a Cy Young candidate if it weren't for the pen.

I totally agree with you Mez...

David Wright coming through
pimp.gif

however, does anyone feel a bit frustrated for Santana? I mean come on, if it wasnt for the pen, like most of you have said, he'd easily be a cy youngcandidate. I dont know, its a great win but everytime Santana pitches a gem and doesnt get the W i still feel a bit frustrated.

Santana is rich, I don't feel bad for him.

The pen is just frustrating, I haven't seen easy late innings since that long win streak before the break.

Nah, regardless of money, I do feel bad for Santana. He's a true competitor, has a lot of pride and not only doesn't want to see his team lose, butdoesn't want to see his efforts wasted. I mean, he's a team player and I'm sure he's happy with the team getting a W, but that hasn't evenbeen the case lately. You could hear it in some of his post-game interviews that he was like, "well, i did my part, they blew it", only he wasnowhere near indicting anyone else.

The thing with the bullpen to me is that even though they can have some decent stretches, there's not one single pitcher to me that any batter has a reasonto fear. We just don't have any stoppers at this point, someone that's gonna come in and you're like, okay inning/game over.

W-L is such an over-rated stat with pitchers anyways, Santana puts the team in position to win every time and that's all that should matter.

im so pissed i missed the game today.. i completely forgot it was a day game... im over here looking forward to watch johan pitch at 7... but anyways from whati see wright was clutch and johan getting screwed as usual... whats new...

Your announcers blow

Gary Cohen and Ron Darling is as good as it gets with professional commentating, even better when Kieth is there who is completely unbiased unlike the stanknown as Michael K.

NEW YORK -- The Mets, armed with the second-best home record in the National League and perhaps the most beleaguered bullpen in the Majors, overcame the latest misstep by one of their relievers Thursday afternoon at Shea Stadium to beat the team that has become their nemesis this season. A two-run home run by David Wright in the ninth inning produced a 5-3 victory against the Padres and spared the bullpen more angst.

capt.a84dc451388b4be8992d203059f2d448.padres_mets_baseball_nyff109.jpg

df0a8e35127cb5736ee7d6b1d6730e84-getty-80320503jm024_san_diego_pad.jpg

601186f1a7fdfa27201a7a1948f9b530-getty-80320503jm021_san_diego_pad.jpg

"The New York Daily News reports that "it appears the Mets no longer have their hopes up that Ryan Church will return this season."

Church briefly return followed a concussion, but has been out since early July and refused to speak to reporters after taking batting practice Wednesday. "I'm not optimistic about that," manager Jerry Manuel said. "It's very foreign to all of us and we just aren't sure as to where it could go. And historically, it hasn't gone in our direction. We've been going through this, I don't know how long. Two months? Whatever. But, if it does turn out to be something favorable for us, it would be very, very welcome." "

--rotoworld

Told you so.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Your announcers blow

roll.gif

I turned the TV off once I heard Gary Cohen's HR call

One of my friends always assumes the game is lost whenever the Mets bring in someone from the bullpen

You're righty Sterling and Kay's homerun calls are far superior

Omar needs to get somebody good off these waivers.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You're righty Sterling and Kay's homerun calls are far superior

Omar needs to get somebody good off these waivers.

But Sterling's ego gets to him a lot...I listen to the radio and he makes a fly ball 10 feet in front of the warning track sound like it's going tothe last row of the upper deck.
smh.gif

I've lost count of how many times I've heard "IT IS HIGH! IT IS FAR! IT IS...CAUGHT! OH, MY, WHAT A CATCH!!!!"

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

But Cohen isn't bad. His call of Endy's "Catch" in the NLCS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JoeBuck's lame effort

Cohen used to be on WFAN for many years which is why he does so well on T.V. He's as good as it gets with commentating a baseball game, and I always enjoyDarlings pitching perspective and Kieth's hitting perspective.

Keith's quotes > all.

Don't even get me started on Sterling, everything is a home run to that man.
eek.gif
Suzy Waldman crying last season, and "oh my goodness gracious".
indifferent.gif

As for waivers, Chad Bradford was claimed by the Rays I believe, and Giles was claimed by the Red Sox.

For those that don't know the specifics of waivers, if you are a player in the National League and are claimed by an AL team, they can only inquire aboutgetting you if an NL team doesn't claim you. Basically, an NL team has 1st dibs on an NL player, and an AL team has first dibs on AL players.

In this case, the Red Sox claimed Giles but if an NL team (say the Mets) claims him as well, the Mets get priority over Boston and can proceed discussing adeal with the Padres.

Back
Top Bottom