[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

i will not watch another game until their play is worthy of me sitting 2.5- 3 hours a night
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I actually fell asleep.

Willie did nothing wrong this series.

What's more of a joke (saw the replay) was that Clark should have struck out on that borderline pitch that was called a strike on EVERY MET (esp Beltran2x)...force Wags to throw a fat one down the middle and Clark crushed it.

%$@*%@+ joke of an umpire today.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200806082874521

^ Dude would make love to Clark if he had the chance.

wow i'm not watching till they win 3 in a row ATLEAST grrrrr

i dont get it, they win a bunch then they lose, very inconsistent

get rid of delgado please get a new 1b and a new LF ( i'll also take a new catcher and 2b)

Delgado was one of the few (including Reyes) who did ANYTHING during this road trip.

Anyone watching the AZ State Vs Fresno game on ESPN? Ike Davis playing.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Take that fair-weather crap back to the Bronx where it belongs.

laugh.gif
it doesn't belong in the Bronx either.
FYI: this Mets team is nowhere near as bad as the 1993 one; no one has yet to throw bleach at newsreporters or firecrackers at fans...

I've been through all the ups and downs of this franchise since I was brought onto this Earth.....and even during the years when the team had poor-mediocrerecords, they would at least fight and CARE during the games. This team gets easily rattled, and has more mood swings than a woman during that time of themonth.

Sure there are lots of injuries, but to get swept 4 times ALREADY (2 being 4 game series), losing 3 out of 4 to the Nats in a 4 game series, etc........you arewhat your record says you are.

Its like they want to find new ways to lose games nowadays. I would not be surprised if they win 5 of the next 7, just to get everyone gassed again, then lose3 out f 4 to another last place team.

If this team doesn't get hot and maintain that intensity for a month, I can see some changes being made. I can't see Omar allowing this team to be afloating duck.

Originally Posted by eye eat kicks

get rid of delgado please get a new 1b and a new LF ( i'll also take a new catcher and 2b)
Why a new catcher? Schneider hits like an average catcher, throws out almost 50% of base stealers, and can call a good game behind the plate

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

Originally Posted by eye eat kicks

Why a new catcher? Schneider hits like an average catcher, throws out almost 50% of base stealers, and can call a good game behind the plate
His first comment answers your reply. Schneider has hit a lot better than I expected, that's for sure.

I think the reality of the situation is we just aren't very good. As a hitting team the only two players who can really hit are Wright and Reyes. Beltransucks, Delgado, Castillo, Alou, Schnider, are all older. Church is injured and we don't have a great bench. This team came into this year overhyped period.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I've been through all the ups and downs of this franchise since I was brought onto this Earth.....and even during the years when the team had poor-mediocre records, they would at least fight and CARE during the games. This team gets easily rattled, and has more mood swings than a woman during that time of the month.

I totally disagree.
I don't know what you guys are seeing, but THIS Mets squad is NOT apathetic. They play and they play hard. The Bobby Bobilla - Vince Coleman years were farworse than this.
The chips just haven't fallen their way.... YET.

If they didn't care, they'd be getting blown out on a regular basis. To lose 2-1 for 4 straight games isn't necessarily a bad thing. It means thatthey were in every single one of those games. Even the 8-6 loss where Wags gave up the homer... who would have guessed that Wags with his stellar year so farwould give up a bomb right there?

Also, guys are actually hitting. Just not all at the same time. Reyes, Wright, Beltran one minute. Delgado, Chavez the next.

As far as THIS game goes, I like the fact that they scored all of their runs with 2 outs. That first inning, they were even down to their last strike yet stillscored. If a team has quit on their manager or is not playing hard, they wouldn't be scoring with 2 outs like that. Also, players like Delgado wouldn'tbe hustling to stretch a single into a double. Or stretch out a week ago to rob someone of a base hit in the field.

Omar just needs to add some pieces. There was a good point in the papers today... Willie has been handcuffed with a horrible bench. He had 5 players to pickfrom off the bench the other day. An injured Church. Two back-up catchers (Casanova & Castro). Abraham Nunez (who was just released from the Brewers'minor league system after batting .133 in Triple A). And Tatis (or Easley depending on which one of them started). That's not much to pick from guys. Imean c'mon.

I agree changes need to be made. But I still think the team needs a little more time to play out of this rut.

They had some rather pathetic at bats vs SD, a last place team. They went down 1-2-3 almost every other inning (Wolf got out of 1 inning in 4 pitches).

This team is only into the game when they score runs, once they are behind they look hopeless and look like they have their mind elsewhere sitting in thedugout. They win 7 of 9 and everyone is at the top step into the game, even when they are down....but during San Diego everyone is sitting far back on thebench looking like they are thinking about hitting the bar later that night. Fans don't ask for much, but to be 2 games below .500 with the talent theyhave, they need to put forth a strong effort every night......and that's something they DO NOT do.

Everything is all fine and dandy today, and it wouldn't surprise me if they win 5 of 7 this home stand......but then proceed to take 2 steps back.

I hope Nady is on the roster by July 31st and Kevin Millar is coming off the bench. Millar would bring the veteran leadership needed badly and he does have 11homers already.

Back
Top Bottom