[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

What you guys thinks the Mets should do at the deadline?

C.C. is probably going to be available
pimp.gif

But seriously...Heilman is dead to me...
sick.gif

Finally get some dominance from Tana and they blow it...
mad.gif

They need to do nothing, wait till the off season, and take the L.

This team is mentally fragile.

I think Omar should stay, because he should be given a shot this off season. He stresses youth, so I want to see his plan play out.

Willie will be fired though, its just going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Manual (whoops) becomes the manager, I think he'll do fine.

Jerry (not Charlie, unless you guys think the current Phillies manager is the guy you want to take over this team) Manuel has the ill glasses
pimp.gif

I saw parts of the game last night; Reyes and Wright looked like they were gonna break down and cry in the dugout...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I think Omar should stay, because he should be given a shot this off season. He stresses youth, so I want to see his plan play out.

How does he stress youth??? he may say he does but he really doesn't.... he continues to trade away young talent like he did in Montreal and he doesnothing but sign old farts to long contracts because of "experience"

im pretty sure he was the man who traded away Grady Sizemore to the Indians for a bunch of washed up veterans....(thats just one example)

^ Look at the overall age of our pitching staff dude.

Without Pedro, everyone is in their 20's

He traded Bannister for Burgos, which was a trash for trash trade but Burgos was much younger and threw 100mph...looked good at the time. He also gave us Nadybut we were forced to trade him got Duaner got hurt.

Players like Gato was a beast in 06', but he was just getting the best possible players at the time, but thats what happens when you get people nearing theend of their career.

Only players I really HATE are Alou and Castillo, two over the hill players as well. Gato I can't stand but its not his fault he's on the decline, buthe's over the hill NOW.

Mets will be straight next season in my honest opinion if they play their cards rightb. I don't know if I'm convinced if they will begood this year though, they have showed me NOTHING so far.

We need to make a move before the deadline i dont care who they move as long as they dont touch Reyes or Wright..... Delgados value is probably worth about 20bats.... dude is TERRIBLE and they just go after him because he isnt intimidating anymore

im pretty sure he was the man who traded away Grady Sizemore to the Indians for a bunch of washed up veterans....(thats just one example)
along with BRANDON PHILLIPS and CLIFF LEE.
sick.gif
smh.gif
all for bartolo colon. SMFH. minaya killed the expos.

They do not want to be entering next season in a brand new park on a low note. Something will most definitely be done and it needs to be at this point.

I'm apathetic towards Omar but to some extent, I think he should be gone off the weakness of signing Castillo to a 4 year deal. I could see 1 or 2 yearsfor dude with not many other options at 2nd, but how the hell do you even think about doing that with a guy who just isn't even that good and coming offTWO knee surgeries plus hip problems and whatever else he's got.

And I don't care about development, I said it early on and I wanna see Carp at least get some at bats in the bigs.

The problem with NY teams is that it's so damn important to acquire names and not just the best fit for a team. There's pressure to sell jerseys, makeheadlines, etc. It's happened with EVERY NY franchise and it'll continue to until a GM with balls takes over.

Carp is still in double AA though, he should be promoted this year though because hes hitting near .400.

Murphy is great as well, idk if you guys follow him.

These last 2 weeks have been extremely painful to watch. i still feel they will make it to the playoffs. Things have just not been going right at all for theMets. They could have easily won all of the last few games they played. But luck has not been on our side as of late. But You Still Got To Believe.

Jon Heyman of SI says Willie could be gone this weekend and Peterson and Ho Jo have their backs against the wall. I can't see Peterson gettign fired, thatwould be a mistake. The core of the pitching staff has been fine, the games they've lost has been because of old age(Pedro being hurt, El Duque, no number5 starter) Pelfrey has been great and Oliver Perez is usually good for the first 4 innings.

Oliver Perez is no longer just "inconsistent", he's just no good.

Peterson deserves some blame as well.

They need to clean house.

^ If you saw the game yesterday you would understand (strike zone related).
laugh.gif

EDIT:
eek.gif
@ Hamilton's strength...jesus.

Hamilton for MVP great player for my fantasy team hit a homerun.

I sense a firing in the next couple of days
nerd.gif

i missed the game tonight.... they finally won!
laugh.gif

seems like they win 90% of the games I watch

and they lose 90% of the games I don't watch.....

my point is, I think I'll be doing us all a favor if I just stay away from SNY....
laugh.gif

(atleast I can listen on 660)
laugh.gif

Trot Nixon was signed during the game, he will start in LF tomm.

He had decent numbers in AAA this season, but he is a hard nosed player. Def an upgrade since Alou should just retire already.

Low risk move, basically got him for a cash and a player to be named later.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Trot Nixon was signed during the game, he will start in LF tomm.

He had decent numbers in AAA this season, but he is a hard nosed player. Def an upgrade since Alou should just retire already.

Low risk move, basically got him for a cash and a player to be named later.

I actually like that move because Trot knows what it takes to win, and as long as he's healthy he could really help us out.

Back
Top Bottom