[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

smh.gif
@ this organization...

Anybody else notice that Minaya sounded like a damn fool during his press conference?
nerd.gif
Yo, I'ma probably get killed for this.... But I think Omar was pretty genuine. He seemed like his hands were tied and he had no choice to do whathe had to do. It seems as if the Wilpons forced this.

And I came away understanding WHY he did it WHEN he did it.

We all know this is about dollars and cents. With a new stadium opening next year, ownership needs to have a competitive product on the field. Otherwise,they'll be looked at the same way that the Washington Nats are. New stadium that already is half empty because of a !%!$!! team....

Reyes looks like he got hurt; was favoring his leg.

Eyeglasses suggests to Reyes to go to the bench and rest the leg.

Reyes acts like a baby and bickers.

Jerry gets final say.

Reyes tosses helmet in frustration. He disappears into the clubhouse and hasn't returned since.

I won't be surprised if Reyes is benched tomorrow.

IDK about fighting, Reyes was just really upset about being taken out after his first hit because he had a minor tweak behind his knee (ie hamstring).

I understand being upset, but don't fling your helmet while walking to the clubhouse. Jerry already went to talk to him, but I understand things beingemotional today.

In his 15th start of the season, Johan threw 95 pitches, 62 for strikes. For the second start in a row, he threw more cutters than 4-seamers (28 to 27). He threw 34 changeups, but only 6 sliders.

He attempted more back-door cutters than usual, but he did not find much success with that. Five of the 8 hits Johan surrendered were on cutters, with Hunter's second 2B and Mathis' HR coming on cutters left over the outer half of the plate. I think he was trying to fool the Angel hitters with the back-door cutter, but it doesn't have much movement when he tries to hit the outside corner with it to righties.

Hunter's first 2B was on a high changeup, and the other 2 Angel hits were off 4-seamers. Johan topped out at 93 mph on the 4-seamer. He had trouble with his command all night, not just with the cutter, but the changeup as well. He did register all 5 K's on changeups, however.

Santana did record 11 ground ball outs to only 2 fly ball outs, 5 of the GBO's coming on 4-seamers and 5 on cutters. So, it was a mixed night for the cutter, which, fans should remember, is a new pitch for Johan. There are going to be some ups and downs with it.

The frequency he is throwing the cutter now is causing some fans to think it is his 4-seamer and that he is losing his velocity. In my view, he is choosing to throw at those speeds, confusing the hitters by having little difference in velocity between the 4-seamer and the cutter. We will have to see how that works out as the season progresses.
PS: I did not know he has a 5+ ERA vs. the Angels.
sick.gif
Still pithed well enough to win the game, but the opposing pitcher has been sick all season.

The lineup looks so bad with all these injuries, its quite sad.

I want to see what this new pitching coach is going to do tonight once Ollie hits the 4th inning and gets into a little trouble.

Tonight's lineup:

Reyes, ss
Anderson, 1b
Wright, 3b
Beltran, cf
Delgado, dh
Nixon, lf
Easley, 2b
Chavez, rf
Castro, c

Perez, lhp

Chris Aguila cleared waivers so he'll report to AAA (who cares)
I prefer Castro ahead of Chavez but I like this mixed up lineup.

I would have rather seen Reyes DH'd after tweaking something last night, but I understand that there are no other options at short.

Yo, I'ma probably get killed for this.... But I think Omar was pretty genuine.
Whoever thought Omar was not genuine in his press conference would not know emotion if it smacked them in the face. He was truly saddened by thefact that he had to fire "his guy" Willie, but he understood that change HAD to be made.

Let's go get a W tonight even though Ollie is on the mound and he is up and down like an elevator.

He's a solid bench player, but Castillo usually takes a day off once a week so he usually fills in.

We have a lot of bench players playing due to injuries.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Easley, 2b

Damn, Damion Easley still playing? and starting? dude started out his career with the Angels... how's he doing for you guys?
That monster 3-run bomb against the DBacks last season is still fresh in my mind. He hit the ball wicked haaaahhhd.

EDIT

ARGH that Aflac trivia question is boggling my mind. "What player played in over 200 games for both the Mets and Angels?"

My guess was Mo Vaughn but he only played about 160 games for the Mets.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

5-2-4-6-5 double play.
laugh.gif
Rob Quinlan hit into fielder's choice double play, third basemen David Wright to catcher Ramon Castro to second baseman Damion Easley to shortstop Jose Reyes to third baseman David Wright. Vladimir Guerrero out at home. Torii Hunter out at 3rd. Three out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i'm watching this from MLB.COM and i got hella confused on what happened

Back
Top Bottom