[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

READ THIS:

Apparently the problem between the players and Willie was this...

At the player evaluation meetings, Willie would have to give his honest opinions about every player good or bad..... After these meetings, someone wasreporting back to the players about what Willie said about them.... This was the reason why some of the players didn't want to play for him and this is thereason why barely any of the players defended Willie in interviews.

IMO, the %$%%$%$ who was doing this was Tony Bernazard

Damn, Pedro was DEALING until that 5th inning blip.

Phillies lost so I won't stress a loss tonight, but the game is far from over.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

READ THIS:

Apparently the problem between the players and Willie was this...

At the player evaluation meetings, Willie would have to give his honest opinions about every player good or bad..... After these meetings, someone was reporting back to the players about what Willie said about them.... This was the reason why some of the players didn't want to play for him and this is the reason why barely any of the players defended Willie in interviews.

IMO, the %$%%$%$ who was doing this was Tony Bernazard

If it was Bernazard, he was doing it with the approval of Minaya.

Minaya is the problem.

Minaya and Bernazard are the 2 biggest scumbags in baseball. I hope those 2 racist bigots are released this off season.

lol at gado's swing
laugh.gif

Someone make a Marlon Anderson laughing gif like the Andruw Jones one

Three straight series wins vs. Texas (@ home), Angels (road), and a hot Rockies team (road), now only 3.5 games back of Philly.

Keep it up, tomm's pitching match up is going to be AMAZING.

I fell alseep halfway through the game, saw Bel-TRON's BOMB though. That was one that as soon as he made contact, you knew it was gone. It was nice to seethat the bullpen stepped up, even if I wasn't conscious.

We've been playing somewhat consistent baseball finally and the Phillies have been straight struggling. Even though we've still got work to do,it's not looking as dreadful as it had been.

You know how if you're sitting in the field level and some line drive foul balls you feel like you need to duck even if it's 25 feet away? It seemedlike his HR was hit that are that dudes in the 2nd level in the outfield had to do that.

I just quickly tried to look up his stats, but anyone know where I could find what's Beltran's done from the left side vs. right side of the plate?

Originally Posted by ddot7

I just quickly tried to look up his stats, but anyone know where I could find what's Beltran's done from the left side vs. right side of the plate?
Lazy bastid.
laugh.gif

Left / Right
208 AB / 67 AB
57 H / 19 H
.274 / .284
9 HR / 1 HR
36 RBI / 12 RBI
31 BB / 15 BB
36 SO / 9 SO
10 2B / 9 2B
3 3B / 0 3B

Looks somewhat evenly matched, but he sees the ball better batting righty. Almost the same amount of doubles in just 1/3 the amount of ABs batting righty, butonly 1 HR compared to 9 HR batting lefty.

More power batting lefty, more vision batting righty. What a switch-hitter
smile.gif

3.5 out, and most people would think this team was 12.5 out the way they had been getting murdered in the media.

It is going to come down to beating up on the Phils, Braves, and Marlins in the 2nd half to see who takes this division.

Hopefully we take at least 2 outta 3 against Seattle.

Never understood the love/hate relationship with Beltran (especially from people outside of NY, just starting some discussion)

This season he had barely no protection (and still doesn't to this day with the constant injuries), off to an extremely slow start to the season, yet has50 RBI's and its not even the All Star break.

He's around his usual .270+ average, .370 OBP, only 10 homeruns (but has been heating up and getting clutch ones recently). He's in his prime so youknow he'll be around the 30+ HR mark and 100 RBI's.

...and don't even get me started on his post season numbers.... .387 average/ 11 Homeruns / .485 OBP / .817 SLG.

justhotkicks...thanks, it's been a long couple days.
laugh.gif

So much of what happens with our teams is fueled/exaggerated by the media, it's just the way it works. Players get paid more to play here due in part tothat exposure and certain dudes just can't cut it. I've liked Beltran throughout his whole time as a Met, he's just a very solid player. A lot ofthe criticism is unwarranted, but it comes with the territory. The booing that goes on is disgusting to me, it's what you expect from Philly. TypicallyI'd like to think that our fans are a little more knowledgeable than that, but with the increased success/exposure, there have been more "fans"and that vocal minority (no racist), tends to steal the spotlight. It sucks, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Personally, I know I'm a fan, have been since before 86 and will be. 90% of the time that I'm watching TV, it's the Mets...I just haven't beenable to at all lately, been real busy. I went to 4 or 5 games in the first month and a half of the season and I haven't been to one since. To be honest,I guess some of it has to do with everything surrounding the team and I had gotten turned off by some of the booing and nonsense at games, but it's morethat I just haven't had time. I need to try to get to some more, it's just been tough to try to set it up with friends lately and find the time to go. Soon though.

Beltran will seem like he is playing poorly for the whole year and he will still end up hitting .270, 30 homers, 100 rbi. He seems like he plays well and heends up with the same numbers. I just don't and will never understand him as a player. I do have to say I have found pleasure in watching him play centereveryday for the past years and enjoyed today's game ending "catch."

I don't understand why opposing pitchers hit Grand Slams at Shea. Last year it was D-Train, this yea King Felix. Its just so surreal.

Back
Top Bottom