[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Hate to see a guy go down with an injury like that. Dude showed heart. Very classy of Met fans to show him love.

But on our side, i'm loving Beltran's aggressive attitude. Like Keith said, he has the ability to steal 40-50 a year. Anyway, maybe this pitchingchange will shift the momentum and the Mets can come back and grab Game 1.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

screw beltran, spiking our ace like that. what a shame
Your acting like he did it on purpose
smh.gif

Hate to see a guy go down with an injury like that. Dude showed heart. Very classy of Met fans to show him love.
Yep.

If you think that's a dirty slide, I don't know what to tell you. Rough year for you Seattle fans so I understand the frustration.

extremely rough year. nothing goes right for us. bedard sucks, ichiro is average, gm and coach were comical, no leadership, sexson sucks, johjima sucks,bullpen sucks... and now our ace is done. gotta love this $!#%#%@

Wow...they charged that an error on Wright, even if he got that cleanly there was no way he would make a solid play to 1st.

Santana 1ER 6 IP.
laugh.gif

One error and one bad pitch decided the game, still have to focus on winning the series.

Yeah, shake this off and win the next 2.

Losing a series to the worst team in the L would be awesome, but let's stay away from that.

^ Why do u even come in here with that nonsense? I don't get it, is your life that boring that u need to go into other team's threads n troll?
eyes.gif

Nonsense? Santana serves up a grand slam to Felix. Met fans are treating Jerry Manual like the god after a 3-3 week.

Other team's threads? I can't follow another team?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

3e015f4e60a768349ad63b9156dab794c326f0b_t.jpg

TEAMYANKEES

You can follow other teams, but you're clearly not a Mets or Mariners fan. There's nothing wrong with hating, but making pointless comments toirritate fans gets annoying.

But if Felix doesn't hit that HR, the Mets win. Crap happens. Even I
laugh.gif
at that.

...and its not like Santana threw a pitch right down the middle. He threw a very very high fastball at dude's upper chest and outside, and dude just swungas hard as he could and actually made contact....it happens. He should have thrown off-speed stuff as Schneider stated but shhh happens, next game.

Who is treating Jerry like "god" as you say (you listening to M&MD today or something)? The Mets needed a change and Willie wasn't cutting itsince the Mets were eliminated in 06'. This guy is already doing things Willie was too stubborn to do (ie pointing out the obvious flaws of the teaminstead of with dumb "tip your hat" comments every post game), and actually doing something about it. Shoot, even David Wright is getting a muchneeded day off today, which Willie was too scared to do.

This team needs a REAL manager with EXPERIENCE.

Well, he does have a point with Johan, but he is being a bit unfair......because I stated two things before the season started.

a) Santana would need an adjustment period to a new league.
b) he always has a strong 2nd half (with the exception of last season).

...and despite all this, not being dominant yet (just very good), he is top 5 in A LOT of categories such as IP, SO, ERA, etc.

What I dislike though (as Mad Dog stated) is how he threw Wright under the bus with his "well, you have to make the routine plays". Well, Santanashould have gotten a routine out vs. the pitcher.

Today's lineup.
sick.gif

SS Jose Reyes
2B Luis Castillo
CF Carlos Beltran
1B Carlos Delgado
LF Trot Nixon
3B Fernando Tatis
C Brian Schneider
RF Endy Chavez
P Oliver Perez

Usually the fun starts in the 5th inning with Ollie, but it looks like the party is going to start a little earlier tonight.

I had enough of Ollie. Honestly, was this guy touched as a child by a priest and that's why he can't be consistently good? Or does he have ADD? As Ityped this 3-0 Seattle thanks to my favorite Met booting the ball.

I was being sarcastic
laugh.gif
He is by far my least favorite Met. Hand in hand with Delgaldo.

Jose Reyes is by far my favorite Met.

edit: Ollie is worthless. I think Boras may just drop him as a client because he is now costing Boras money.

Back
Top Bottom