[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

briannnnn:

I thought you were a Met fan?

Nope, Yankees come first. I very rarely root for the Mets

I popped my head in just to give you Mets fans a glimpse of what you may expect during Friday's doubleheader.

Pelf will pitch at Yankee stadium, and Pedro will pitch at home where he is most comfortable (still looking for his control though of his secondary pitches,his fastball is hitting 90 which is a plus).

I can see a 2-2 split but if the Mets take this doubleheader on Friday, they should go for the kill.

So far this year they play the good teams well and play the poor teams poorly.

So Pedro is next to start, but the Mets are going with Pelf instead?

Sounds like Pedro is still shook over pitching at Yankee Stadium
roll.gif

Red Sox were phenomenal, but the point is Pedro never beat the Yanks in the series. We're talking about Pedro here, not the 2004 Champion Red Sox.

I know I was just busting your balls
laugh.gif
I have a good feeling though this weekend Pedro will blank the Yankees though. He's due for a typical Pedroouting.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Red Sox were phenomenal, but the point is Pedro never beat the Yanks in the series. We're talking about Pedro here, not the 2004 Champion Red Sox.

you're a moron. Pedro has a 3.03 career era against the yankees.

edit: and he's even better AT yankee stadium.

Phillies have been straight STRUGGLING lately, we need to start to take advantage of this. 3 out of 4 would be nice...

Phillies came crashing down to Earth....and despite all the struggles, injuries, and media distractions with Willie prior to his firing, Mets are only 2 backon the loss column.

Time to get to work, drop Gato while you're at it. Church went 3 for 3 tonight in his minor league start, maybe he can DH tomm?

I hope the Mets come out swinging this weekend and hope their pitching is great.

I cant wait till Sunday. Gonna watch the game.

LETS GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably sound like one of Church's pubes, but I really hope that dude can come back soon...he'd just been so solid for us and you can see it'shurt to have to put a stop-gap in either or both of the outfield corners. Plus, he was productive in the 2-hole, though I'm not sure if we don't needhim more behind Beltran.

LOL @ Michael K saying "...and he laces it into right field" when it was a bloop hit, what a tool.
laugh.gif

Pelfrey has some very good stuff today, just got a little unlucky.

eek.gif
@ blue fitteds with the gray uni's.

I'm not really getting to watch the game, but I just saw real quick with the grey uni/blue hat convo, looks good. I've said for the longest time thatwe needed to do that, I'm tired of the black hat/blue bill.

Oh yeah, more importantly, Delgado coming through! I swear we play better when I watch.

What did Pelfrey do to deserve this?

Bloop hit after bloop hit, error after error.

Can he EVER have an easy win?

I would let Pelf pitch the 6th, and have a reliever ready once someone reaches base.

But a very gusty performance, he has arrived as a Major League pitcher.

Now tack on runs and save some for later.

Its not coincidence that during this great stretch for Heilman this month, is because he's been throwing that slider for strikes (FINALLY)....couldn;tstress that any more a few months back.

Being a fastball/change up pitcher only will get you smacked around daily. This guy can throws a 96mph fastball and a low 80s change up, if you throw thatslider for strikes you're going to dominate.

As much as most of us dislike's his inconsistencies, the Mets need Heilman to pitch well if they want to be successful.

Back
Top Bottom