[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

I don't care, he does not deserve to be in the Mets record books. I hope Fernando Tatis or Endy Chavez break that record.

15 runs??? Damn, save some of that offense for the rest of the series!

Gado's HR was a monster, but LOL at Burkhart reacting like it was a walk-off HR in the World Series or something lol.

pimp.gif

Despite how average the line may look (5 innings, 4 walks, 8 hits, 4 runs)....Pelf gutted out a quality start.

Two of those hits were bloops, one was a broken bat hit to left, and the other was a chopper to 3rd that Wright had to field barehanded....he didn't evenget hit hard today. Plus, he had to bail out a ton of sloppy defense/errors.

The walks have to come down a bit though, and hopefully he can throw that inside pitch to lefties for strikes more often, he will need that to be moresuccessful.

Good luck to Pedro tonight.

....Oh, and the Mets "officially" sweep their first series @ Yankee stadium.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I dont know but i have a feeling we just wasted our offense and are gonna come back at eight and score like 2 runs
smh.gif
PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG REYES!

eek.gif
@ Gado's 9 ribbies. I can't promise not getting on him for aweek like Mez, but he's safe for a few days.

Impressive although going into this series, anything less than 3 out of 4 would be a disappointment based on the pitching matchups.

Let's go get another one tonight with Ponson on the mound.

Mike on M&MD is completely unprofessional right now, listen to 660 or put on the YES Network, he's making himself look like a complete tool.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Mike on M&MD is completely unprofessional right now, listen to 660 or put on the YES Network, he's making himself look like a complete tool.

I was watching Daily News Live, what did Mike say? I'm guessing some Mets and Pelfrey bashing.
tired.gif

I'm @ the gym now but I wrote a brief summary of the garbage things he said, he's just a fat fan ranting on the radio and YES Network right now. Itshilarious the fit he's throwing but very unprofessional (its only a single game).

Yea I tuned in for a little and he was going on a banter how the yare the Yankees and they are just throwing out garbage out there. Mets better not get blankedtonight by this fat, drunk bastard.

Santana tomm, then Ollie, 2 hard throwing lefties.

Phillies just lost, Mets gained 1/2 a game today.

When I saw Delgado take his first at bat today I honestly felt like he was going to have an excellent game. I just felt it.

And guess what? He did! The Grand Slam and 9 RBI's are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

FINALLY THE METS SWEPT THE YANKS AT YANKEE STADIUM!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You guys are celebrating like we won a world series. We split yesterday which we do all the time. Once again .500 baseball. We need to take these next two andwe can't los again with Santana on the mound today.

You guys are celebrating like we won a world series. We split yesterday which we do all the time. Once again .500 baseball. We need to take these next two and we can't los again with Santana on the mound today.

You know how difficult it is to split a double header? .500 baseball because we don't have a 5-8 right now, we are being carried by Reyes/Wright/Beltran.

Yankees played with more of a sense or urgency last night, they def needed the win more then the Mets did.

Mets have the pitching advantages the next two games, now its time to try to win the series by taking the next 2.

....and I hope M&MD split up, Fatso needs to go away.

Today's lineup:

SS Jose Reyes
2B Damion Easley
3B David Wright
CF Carlos Beltran
1B Carlos Delgado
RF Fernando Tatis
LF Andy Phillips
C Ramon Castro

Now lets hope we can score some runs for Johan for a change.

I also hope no fly balls are hit to left or right field.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Today's lineup:

SS Jose Reyes
2B Damion Easley
3B David Wright
CF Carlos Beltran
1B Carlos Delgado
RF Fernando Tatis
LF Andy Phillips
C Ramon Castro

Now lets hope we can score some runs for Johan for a change.

I also hope no fly balls are hit to left or right field.

You have no faith in former Yankee Andy Phillips?

While Johan is an ace, what I dislike thus far is his inability to CARRY the team when the bats don't go well.

I mean, so far he's competed well with a few blips here and there (ie grand slam to King Felix), but most of the time he pitches on the day the Mets facean ace as well. It would be nice to see him out pitch the opposing ace and carry the load.

But then again, he's going to be here for 7 long years so he will have many chances.

I wonder which Oliver we will see tomm, the one who dominates the Yankees and Braves, or the one who gives up 6 runs in the 1st inning? At least Ryan Churchwill be back tomm.

While Johan is an ace, what I dislike thus far is his inability to CARRY the team when the bats don't go well.

I mean, so far he's competed well with a few blips here and there (ie grand slam to King Felix), but most of the time he pitches on the day the Mets face an ace as well. It would be nice to see him out pitch the opposing ace and carry the load.
I mean, what more can he do? It's not like he's giving up MASSIVE runs that the Mets can't come back from... He keeps you in the game,it all comes down to whether the bats can click (which I haven't seen happen too much since he's been starting).

And on a related note-- what's REALLY good with Beltran?
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom