[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

i take anything from the nypost with a grain a salt. It was probably nothing big.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Page

I wish Keith was our manager.
Originally Posted by youngin33

Man, Keith is doing his job and he was right in that regard. Reyes does need to grow up and stop pouting like he did after that error on Sunday.

Reyes is showing that he's a little soft if he let Keith's words get to him.
Originally Posted by ddot7

Always looking for a story. Keith calls it like he sees it though and Reyes DOES need to act a little more mature sometimes. I love his enthusiasm, but he also needs to learn to control himself when the time is right. Oh well, it's a non-issue.

All QFT!

No need for me to add anything else.

3 outta 4 at Philly!! let's leave Philly only down 2.5 games heading back home.

there's no reason we can't win atleast 7 of the next 10.... Philly, Giants, Rockies

LET'S GET IT!!!

I can see the Mets playing Philly tough then having setbacks vs the Giants/Rockies....just because.

Leaving to Philly now, peace ya'll (i'll post from the Mogul).
pimp.gif

Great AB by Wright to work back from 0-2. I can't front though, ump looked like he missed the call on what should have been strike 3.

Happ pitched well.

If we don't hear from Mez in 2 days, I will presume he didn't make it out of Philly.

I would like another run or 2 for insurance in this bandbox.

it feels like im watching a playoff game when the Mets play the Filthies

I DON'T like this move by Jerry.. Santana threw less than 100 pitches
mad.gif

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

Did anyone hear what Ron just said?
Anyways, like i said, should've kept santana in

no sorry i was too busy cursing like no other
mad.gif
mad.gif

wat did ronnie say?

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

Did anyone hear what Ron just said?
Anyways, like i said, should've kept santana in

no sorry i was too busy cursing like no other
mad.gif
mad.gif

wat did ronnie say?
he was like "And there he fuc...fouled that ball off"

drivin back...johan should have stayed in.

rain was light all night.

stadium is mad nice but they [phillies] are lame with dissin the mets fans...you dont see any of that nonsence at shea [phanatic mashing a mets cap, editedmovie clips with jabs, etc]

fans overall were straight, def a loud environment....but dudes were getting reckless after the game gettin a lil too personal [was about to Break someonesjaw....but my girl told me it wasnt worth it.

smh at the offense doing nothing vs 2 nobodies....johan pitched great but well enough to lose.

ill post pics later.

She's got nice toes. I can appreciate a woman who is

1. an enabler to my sneaker habit

and 2. takes care of her feet.

You seem to have one who does both.

pimp.gif

She was right, those people are not worth anyone's time or breath. This team always finds ways to lose against the Phils the last season and a half. Mets need to step it up with runners in scoring position. Lots of ducks left on the pond as Keith would say.

What was the exchange between Maz and Yallof?

BTW Mez, my shoe game has def. slipped cuz I don't know what kicks you are rocking. Please remind me...

I find it pathetic that Johan Santana has to throw a perfect game these days in order to get a win.

^^^^Yeah, when they said he hasn't had a W in 33 days, I was truly shocked cuz he has pitched fine with mostly quality starts in that whole period fromwhat I remember.

Man, Johan deserves a LOT better, but Beltron is NOT a damn cleanup hitter, he is wayyy too streaky. When he's hot, nobody can get him out, when he'snot, he does absolutely NOTHING.

That's why the team needs one more bat so they can re-arrange the order and put TRON 2nd. As much as I mentioned Tex the other day, he's anotherstreaky hitter, we need someone who's consistent (only .300 hitter is Church right now).

Now...I feel for Johan, and 2ER in 8 innings was pretty dominant, but this has happened several times where the Mets would get a lead for him (albeit a smallone), and he gives it right back. Not really a knock on him, but that's what I mean when I say pitching well enough to lose, and if you're the ace yougotta shut the door sometimes. Last night was just a close, grind it out competitive game between both teams, but the Mets HAVE to hit the Phillies bullpen b/cthey haven't since last year. At this point, you can't ask for anothing worse than a split, then focus on the easy schedule coming up (assuming theydon't lay an egg then).

I hope I see this lineup today:

Reyes
Chavez
Wright
Beltran
Church
Delgado
Easley
Castro
Pitcher

As for the kicks, those are my birthday Lebron 4's, I usually wear them during Mets games.

^
Those are the LeBron NYC's.
(edit: he responded as I was typing
edit 2: my bad, not the LeBron NYCs)

And Maz and Yallof basically got into a heated debate over whether Johan should have been pulled or not.

Yallof: Sanchez lost the game.
Maz: No, the METS lost the game.
Yallof: Well Sanchez was in there when Johan should have been.
Maz: Well we don't know why Johan was pulled.
Yallof: So again, you agree with the decision to pull him
Maz: I'm saying that we don't know why he was pulled
Yallof: Well the Mets should have won this game
Maz: You can't say that

Etc, etc.
You could tell it got really testy a couple of times. Maz kinda rolled his eyes and looked off to the side and Yallof kind of lightly slammed his papers to thedesk and stared at Maz.

Matt Holliday is the guy we have to get, if the Rockies put him on the market we need to go at him hard.

Back
Top Bottom