[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

what the hell was tonight's crap turn of events about?

dude can't even pitch without sustaining an injury on his first outing!

i don't want to sound negative, but it seems like it's not even preventable with conditioning or any of that anymore

a slight move and pedro's back in therapy

Mets Fans:
For a gift, what's a better choice - Road or Road Alternate jersey?

thinking of getting a Santana jersey btw.

^ Pics? I don't know which is the road alternate. Is it the black, and the gray is the regular road?

If so, I say 'road alternate'.

^ These road UNI's have always been
smokin.gif
to me.

pMLB2-4520769dt.jpg

72429053.jpg

It comes 2nd to the home pinstripe jersey IMO.

ska:
the road alternate is the black jersey

Mez:
I've been kinda leaning toward that jersey, might have to check out those pinstripes.

damn..authentics cost almost 300..guess i'm just gonna have to roll with the replicas.

Yeah, def go the replica route, authentic are extremely expensive if you don't have connections in that area.

These are the home pinstripes (usually worn on Sundays).

01225_mainjes000002.jpg

wright-swing.jpg

Mets wear too many damn jerseys.
laugh.gif

The 86 jumpoffs =
pimp.gif

I think this is the away jersey. I can't find any pics of guys actually in them though. The closest I found was of Backman down below from the 86 WS inBoston.

ape-johnsonh-gry-j.jpg

worldmets2.jpg

Updated: April 2, 2008, 7:24 PM ET
MIAMI -- Pedro Martinez will be sidelined 4-to-6 weeks with what the New York Mets said was a mild strain of his left hamstring.

4875.jpg

Martinez

The three-time Cy Young Award winner was placed on the 15-day disabled list before the Mets' game against the Florida Marlins on Wednesday night.

Martinez was injured Tuesday night, returned to New York and was examined by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery.

"It doesn't look good," manager Willie Randolph said before the diagnosis was announced by Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz.

"He said he heard a pop, and that is not a good thing," Randolph said. "Usually, when something like that happens, you are put on the DL right away, but we'll just wait and see what the results are. It could have just been a combination of a real bad cramp or a strain. Any time a pitcher pulls a hamstring, that is usually automatic DL."

Martinez allowed four runs in 3 1-3 innings during a 5-4, 10-inning defeat, limping off the mound after injuring himself during a pitch.

"He's an unfortunate loss," pitcher John Maine said. "Everyone knows what Pedro can do.'

The Mets filled Martinez's roster spot by purchasing the contract of pitcher Nelson Figueroa from Triple-A New Orleans.

They could move up Oliver Perez in the rotation to start Tuesday's home opener against Philadelphia. Jorge Sosa is a longshot possibility for the rotation.

"I think we will keep him where he is right now, but he is also an option," Randolph said.

Orlando Hernandez started the season on the disabled list.

"We've been doing this the last couple of years and that means me, Oliver [Perez], and [Mike] Pelfrey have to step up a little more," Maine said.

Pete is big. But I'm VERY confident that Maine and Ollie will pick up the slack. I'm a big fan of both of these guys. Sometimes I don't know whichone of them I like better.

And for the record, I really enjoy listening to Keith, Gary, and Ronnie. So many tips, stories, and great insight. "If you're a left-handed pitcher,don't try to beat your man to the bag. Just reach over and tag him"

"See these guys met at the mound to give Perez a breather. He just ran hard to first base so they want to make sure he doesn't deliver his next pitchout of breath"

pimp.gif

"That pitch was right in the kitchen. Or to Perez, the cocina." - Keith Hernandez

That made me laugh for some reason.

What makes that comment funnier is that Keith is hispanic and he sounds like a white boy saying that.
laugh.gif

As for Pedro, the Mets could have a 4 man rotation for the next few weeks the way the scheduling works out. I'm glad this is in April and not Sept, word toDuque.

....and smh @the umps taking away homeruns ALREADY. They took away 3 last season.

you see that jrain that diving play wright just made is why he won a gold glove last year over your homosexual infatutory love boy cum guzzler ryan zimmerman

J Rain is a funny dude but why don't you just use the ignore feature rather than "see" dudes attention, its pointless and just floods thepost.....so please just keep the discussions to the Mets ONLY.

That was a show. Beltran's shot was a HR too, how can they call it a home run, confer and STILL not use deductive reasoning to realize that a ball wouldnot bounce like that off the padding on the wall? Que idiotas!

Perez did his thing, his breaking pitches were filthy. Only really got in trouble once and worked his way out of it. I'm excited to see Maine pitch afterthe Spring he had, he was unconscious. The Pedro injury sucks, we might've had the best rotation top to bottom if he could've stayed healthy. Fourstarters with 15+ win potential? Oh well. The main thing is for dude to get that hammy healed and be able to pitch for the majority of the season.

That Keith quote was hilarious, I could hear Ron shaking his head. Funny thing is, it seems like Hernandez knows less Spanish than Cohen.

Its Maine vs. Hudson today, and although it will be a very good pitching match up...there is a crazy line of storms heading towards Atlanta later tonightaround game time, and progressively worsens throughout the night.

Hopefully the game won't be re-scheduled or SEVERELY delayed, but we shall see.

I wouldn't be terrribly optimistic about getting this game in tonight. Even if the rain stops by 7:30 (or shortly thereafter), the amount of rain thatlooks to be dumped on us wouldn't make the field a very nice place to play.

...and the last thing either of our teams need is another injury.

I was supposed to go to the game, too.
tired.gif

DLo13...
What's your honest opinion about Turner Field/the crowds? There was a thread about best ballparks and I made some comments about the atmosphere, I'vebeen to a ton of games there and I was just wondering what you think.

I hope the game can be played but if it's a risk, eff it. I'm just trying to see which games I'm gonna go to out of 3 different series and now therotation is getting all messed up with Petey out and if this game gets re-scheduled. I definitely wanna make sure I get to see Johan at least once soon.

Originally Posted by ddot7

DLo13...
What's your honest opinion about Turner Field/the crowds? There was a thread about best ballparks and I made some comments about the atmosphere, I've been to a ton of games there and I was just wondering what you think.

I hope the game can be played but if it's a risk, eff it. I'm just trying to see which games I'm gonna go to out of 3 different series and now the rotation is getting all messed up with Petey out and if this game gets re-scheduled. I definitely wanna make sure I get to see Johan at least once soon.

The stadium itself...it's rather bland. There's really nothing remarkable about it at all. I've been to a handful of other stadiums, somebetter/some worse.

The crowds are weak. Passion is lacking in Atlanta, pretty much always has been.

Still a nice place to catch a game, though. I wish there was a viable way to get there via public transportation, but that's another subject...

I actually like the stadium itself, I mean it's not mindblowing but it's nice. I guess I was hinting at the crowd more, should've just said that. Igot to see some pretty good games there but those crowds can put you to sleep. Except for the tomahawk chop popping up every once in a while, there was noatmosphere. IDK, maybe some of it was that they got used to the Braves winning.

The food was good there, definitely a ton to choose from. We went a couple different times when they had half off concessions and I went to town. Probablyspent more than I would've because I doubled up like R. Kelly on everything. Anyway, I'm not about to turn this into a Braves thread, you just seemlike a rational dude (unlike MFreshM or whatever), so I wanted to ask.

Strong Storms
Low 57° F
Precip: 100%
Thunderstorms likely - possibly strong, especially this evening. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. Low 57F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Wow, the weathermen only get it right when it's bad news, #!*!%++. I guess they'll move Johan back for the home opener.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom