[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

(One for each run scored on that homer)

I may catch the whole game today, only watched the first few innings cause BBQ + Final 4 > 1st weekend of baseball.
pimp.gif

look like willie is at it again with either some bad luck or bad decision making when it comes to choosing his relievers.

only 5 games in, but losses like tonight's against atlanta are the reason why willie randolph needs to take his team to the playoffs at the very least. ifhe doesn't he's as good as gone.

Well, that was bad news. Didn't get to watch a lot of these two games, Johan looked off but STILL only gave up 1 ER. Our offense was just poor today, ourtop 4 not even getting a single hit??? No good.

I didn't get to see Maine pitch yesterday, I got back in time to see Sosa give up that grand slam. That *%$! was horrible. It was 5-3 when I turned it onand then dude just blew it. Should be interesting to see the home opener series against the Phillies, they haven't been too sharp. I should be atThursday's game, Maine better step it up.

I didn't get to see the game today but it looks like the bullpen blew this one, especially Heilman. Ollie only pitched 5 2/3, but he didn't let up arun and left with a 2-0 lead. The offense needs to step up, but damn it'd be nice to see us hold a lead. 2-4 sucks, but I'm not too worried at thispoint, I'd just like to see us take advantage of some good starting pitching especially with Pedro out and a shaky 5th starter.

I like that mask, reminds me of a hockey mask.

As for today, scoring 2 runs off Moyer is unacceptable, but the table setters have done nothing so far so I can't blame it all on the offense. Williecontinues to boggle my mind with his bullpen management, he basically cost the game today.

Phillies will probably win 2 out of 3 this series considering that the Mets (for some reason) can't hit the Phillies pitchers, while everybody else in theNational League can. Its all mental at this point IMO, because the pen has been choking vs the Phils.

I know it's dumb early in the season, but it looks like Heilman's up to his old tricks again. Am I the only one on this board that can't standhim? I can't even look at him and the shook face he always has when he pitches. He's becoming Looper/Benitez status to me.

Heilman is good, but he is def not "setup man/8th inning guy" material. Duaner Sanchez was our guy until he got in that late night cab ride andbasically ruined the Mets chances of an easy ring back in 2006.

I also don't get that sense of "oh, the Mets will come back" if they lose a lead late, not like I used to in 2006. Shoot, even when they weredown 5 runs early you just KNEW they would come back.

Its amazing what a few injuries can do, but to be fair its extremely early in the season. I don't care about standings until late May.

6 walks in 2 innings, yet you score 1 measly unearned run (should be earned because that was NOT an error by Utley).

Mets like to find ways to lose Vs. PHI, its as if they want to create new ways every single time they face each other lately.

Mez, what do you think the chances are for Willy coming back next season if the Mets don't produce this year.

Willy should have been gone LAST YEAR.

I disliked dude since he fell in love with Mota during the 2006 playoffs. The team shows no fire and thats a reflection of the manager IMO, he gets rid of allthe young players and sticks with the old farts who rot in the DL.

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

aw man i wish chavez would start, i got nothing against pagan but i like endy and dude is crazy on defense and a decent hitter

anyways, 2 hit-less innings for johan so far
pimp.gif
Endy as a bench player/pinch hitter >>>> Endy as a starter.

He provides the little things; bunts, steals, speed. As a starter he wouldn't hit higher than .270.

Is anyone else's SNY acting weird? It's freeze-framed at OPENING DAY 2008 and I just hear the audio.

We'll take it.

Pelf with a much needed solid performance.

Oh, and when the HELL is Yuku gonna fix this whole 'click on page 4 but the thread is up to page 8' @@#%???

@@#% is so annoying....

A much as I love Endy (no momo), Pagan's been showing that he deserves to start. Dude's been producing.

I was switching back & forth with the Rangers game, Pelfrey was solid, looked REAL good through the first 3 innings but got shaky after walking someone andwasn't as effective working from the stretch.

Those first 2 innings, with bases loaded...I was about to punch a wall when we only got 1 run out of that $+#%, but we made up for it by finally takingadvantage of the Phillies errors.

I'll be at tomorrow night's game, Maine better be back to spring training form.

Back
Top Bottom