Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

Nova is DEALING tonight, Ibanez had a nice HR. Raining hard and they might call the game.

Happy to see Pettitte back, we need him asap

Jose Molina with a HR
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

just seen the standings and the orioles are in first place
30t6p3b.gif

gotta pay more attention to baseball ......
What year aren't the Orioles in first place in the beginning of May?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

I miss mo
frown.gif

Now more than ever

It felt weird to be that nervous in the 9th inning,
laugh.gif

That was a sneak peek to what I call "Life After Mo."  I dunno if people are going to be ready for that once Mariano Rivera retires...

Hopefully Robinsonsettles down and that was just nerves cause if that's a peek into the future my goatee's gonna get a lot greyer.

laugh.gif
Robertson said during postgame interviews that he was really nervous. Kept saying that a lot.
laugh.gif

At least he gets the first save out of the way. Hope he settles down.

Here's your big Mariano update as he is talking to the media.

- The complication: Mariano Rivera said doctors told him he also has a blod clot in his right calf.

- Rivera said he is already receiving treatment for the blood clot. Joked that he isn't ready to run in the next 5-10 minutes.

- When Rivera was getting knee examined, he told doctor that his calf felt sore. The doctors did some tests and discovered the clot.

- Rivera said he won't have knee surgery for a couple of weeks. Didn't want to discuss the long shot possibility he could pitch in 2012.

- Rivera said he "has no idea" how the blood clot occurred. Said he didn't ask the doctor that question.

- Rivera said he "was leaning toward coming back" in 2013, before injuring his knee.

- Rivera said he was "scared" when he learned that he had the blood clot. Stayed in hospital overnight to get treatment for it.

- "No doubt about it," Mariano says when asked if he will shag again. With smile, "I don't know what Yankees will do, they might tie me up."

I really miss mo now ......

BTW , I got 4 tix for Sat game, getting rid of em for cheap . Field seats , holla at me if anyone's interested ....

You know, having Mo tearing his ACL was probably a blessing in disguise. People die from those type of blood clots because they don't know they have them.

You dummies still supporting this clown NunEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEz!?!?! Look how bad he is!!! Walking liability anywhere he plays. Get this bum out of here

Rough ninth inning last night, tonight is a good way to make it up. CC is dealing and our bats are alive

BYE BYE NunEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEz --- sent to AAA

Girardi on Nunez demotion: “When I look at Nuney's future, I don’t see Nuney as a utility guy, I see him as an everyday player...We’ve asked Nuney to do some things that you usually ask more of a veteran player to do, play third, short, second, left, right. And for the best interest for him and us moving forward, we thought it was probably more important that he goes down and plays shortstop six days a week and maybe second a day a week and getting back to playing every day."

More Girardi on Nunez demotion: “It’s tough, because he’s a great kid with a great work ethic, that’s willing to do anything for you, that provides a lot of excitement. But for his development, we felt it was more important to get him playing every day at short again. We've asked him to use so many different arm angles from different positions...we talked about it and said maybe we’ve asked this kid to do too much at this time in his career. Let’s get him back to doing what he’s used to doing."

Back
Top Bottom