Official N.Y. Yankees 2012 SEASON THREAD (45-28) Vol. 6/25-27 vs CLE .. CC to the DL, & now Andy too

So glad to see Andy's back in pinestripes!!

I'm telling you guys this is our year, I can FEEL IT!!

Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w

When was the last time we ever had this kind of pitching depth and this is before the Return of Pettite?!

Rotation
1. Pettite
2. Pettite
3. Pettite
4. Pettite
5. BYE

AAA
Unnecessary.
Fixed.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

So what's your roatation now?
CC

Pineda

Nova

Garcia

Pettite

Hughes goes to the bullpen?

laugh.gif
Where's Kuroda?

I'd go CC - Kuroda - Nova - Pineda - Hughes right now and work from there.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Andy Pettitte is back with the Yankees. Signed a 1 year minor league deal 2.5 mil

this came out of no where
Just saw this news!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
in all one emotion.

Hughes must be tight, hope this doesn't worry him.
Word 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

So what's your roatation now?
CC

Pineda

Nova

Garcia

Pettite

Hughes goes to the bullpen?
Pettitte will not be ready until, my guess, June-July. Remember, he didn't pitch at all last season/year. That's why it's a Minor League deal, to get him back into the swing of things.

Edit: A poster on the Yankee forum I frequent said this (MIND=BLOWN):

The Yankees made this signing so Andy could sit next to Mo all year and complain about how boring retirement was. That would be worth well more than $2.5 mill.

love having andy back
pimp.gif

arod hit a absolute moonshot alittle while ago, anybody else see it ?

gonna have a huge year
pimp.gif

The Yankees made this signing so Andy could sit next to Mo all year and complain about how boring retirement was. That would be worth well more than $2.5 mill.

nice
roll.gif

I think Andy could be ready sooner if he kept in decent shape over the last year. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if this move is kinda related to maybe having Pineda start the year in AAA for a couple starts.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I think Andy could be ready sooner if he kept in decent shape over the last year. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if this move is kinda related to maybe having Pineda start the year in AAA for a couple starts.
I thought it was simply for depth, but I can see your reasoning making sense.

People need to calm down.

It's great that Pettitte is back, and he's saying the right things and people are excited...but he's going to be 40 in June. Hasn't played in a year.

Don't expect ANYTHING from him.

Honestly, I think this may be a mistake - give Huges and the kids a chance, I hope it works out but I expect very little from 46.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I thought it was simply for depth, but I can see your reasoning making sense.

I think that too but like I said, wouldn't be shocked to see Pineda down in AAA if his velocity keeps staying 88-91 and only topping out at 92.  I doubt they want another Hughes situation again this year.  Slider looks a little flat and the change just isn't there so far.  ST stats may not mean much but a dip in velo and not locating it as well ain't what they had in mind.

I don't think people are expecting that much from Andy but an average Andy Pettitte could be a big plus to the Yanks.  I understand he's been out for a year but it's not exactly like he left on a lull of a season in '10 and the guy has had one below average season in his career.  If he gets healthy and can stay healthy, should expect decent returns.

Saturday, March 17, 2012
Freddy not thrilled by Pettitte return

Amidst all the joy in the Yankees clubhouse over the return of Andy Pettitte, there was one area that was decidedly chilly -- Freddy Garcia's locker, now known as The Icebox.

The normally-chatty Garcia was downright testy when asked his reaction to the news that Pettitte would emerge from his one-year retirement to rejoin the team on Tuesday, understandable when you take into account that Garcia is the one starting pitcher most likely to be affected by Pettitte's return. Throw in the fact that he is sidelined with a bruised right hand and it all adds up to some brusied feelings for the 35-year-old righty.

Asked if Pettitte's return would change his situation, Garcia said, "Not really. I'm still doing my stuff you know? I've got to pitch and that's all.

"Is he going to be a starter or just pick people off?" Valentine said, referring to Pettitte's tricky pickoff move.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

What's Mike Mussina doing right now?

laugh.gif
Any of these:

Coaching his kids in baseball
Eating ice cream
Drawing pictures on his markerboard window
Pretending to speak to reporters so he can respond coldly
Waiting for his monument in Monument Park

The fact Pineda now wears #35 likely means we're gonna slowly forget about Moose...

Pro: we still doing Fantasy Baseball this year?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom