Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Kobe flopped before? Yea probably, but he's definitely not a habitual offender or makes it part of his game. Point blank, flopping should be eliminated from the game permanently. Not sure how I would handle it but it's just not a good look for the game of basketball IMO...

Has Kobe flopped before? Yea probably, but he's definitely not a habitual offender or makes it part of his game. Point blank, flopping should be eliminated from the game permanently. Not sure how I would handle it but it's just not a good look for the game of basketball IMO...

That royal blue is real hard to read on the black background of the site. Lol.

He kind of is... He doesn't blatantly flop, but he throws his hands up and looks at the refs with crazy eyes often.

I've decided I am going to cop an extra copy of J.Cole's "Born Sinner" album on the 18th and do a give away just for my S&T NBA homies...As a sincere token of my apologies for the last 2 pages of OD immaturity.

Now I gotta come up with a good contest idea.

When this series is over, make a new thread predicting the finals winner in x games, of those people that get the winner and # of games right, have them guess a number 1-20 or something and whoever gets the closest wins. (Not many people are going to be predicting spurs in 5 :smokin )

Simmons is getting too big for hisself. He was great as the quirky internet writer that had some good ideas, was funny, etc, but now that his stage is elevated, he's losing his head. :smh:

How you even THINK to bring up MLK during a basketball series, 45 years after the fact, makes no God damn sense. Jesus, Memphis has had MULTIPLE playoff series before this last one, why hadn't it come up in those series'?

Be better than that Bill. :smh:

You know last week Bill tried to cut to the commercial break...but Wilbon wasn't having that **** and cut him off real quick.

I know I couldn't have been the only one who noticed that...and the way Wilbon looks at Bill sometimes.

:lol:

You gotta feel bad for Wilbon. That guy is very very smart. And he's up there with Jalen Rose and Magic. :lol: Making Bill the second smartest guy at the table, and all he wants to do is tell jokes and talk about Boston sports. :smh:

Has to be a healthy paycheck for Wilbon to put up with that mess. Only way he can stomach it.

And there's still people that will defend his lil geeky ***. He knows a lot about the NBA but dude is corny as hell.

You gotta feel bad for Wilbon. That guy is very very smart. And he's up there with Jalen Rose and Magic. :lol: Making Bill the second smartest guy at the table, and all he wants to do is tell jokes and talk about Boston sports. :smh:

Has to be a healthy paycheck for Wilbon to put up with that mess. Only way he can stomach it.
I just realized how annoying that was 
laugh.gif

I used to think it was just his shtick, but he's just OD with it. Imagine if he was an LA guy and all he ever talked about was Socal sports 
sick.gif

Bill is actually the smartest guy there tho

All Wilbon does is slurp magic

When this series is over, make a new thread predicting the finals winner in x games, of those people that get the winner and # of games right, have them guess a number 1-20 or something and whoever gets the closest wins. (Not many people are going to be predicting spurs in 5 :smokin )

Damn you got them beating us in 5?!

It seems like the whole thread is all about complaining a
Im going to switch it up
Who do yall think really deserved the defensive player of the year
Personally I think it should have been larry sanders he was swatting everybody ****

You gotta feel bad for Wilbon. That guy is very very smart. And he's up there with Jalen Rose and Magic.
laugh.gif
Making Bill the second smartest guy at the table, and all he wants to do is tell jokes and talk about Boston sports.
mean.gif

I just realized how annoying that was 
laugh.gif

I used to think it was just his shtick, but he's just OD with it. Imagine if he was an LA guy and all he ever talked about was Socal sports 
sick.gif
Bill is actually the smartest guy there tho

All Wilbon does is slurp magic
Sluprage of a guy who is sitting next to Wilbon isn't as bad as Bill somehow, someway correlating the amazing 2003 goal scored by Clint Dempsey for the New England Revolution vs the LA Galaxy for the MLS Cup victory to the defensive lapse of the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2nd quarter 
laugh.gif

I love Bill Simmons, I'll listen to his podcasts every chance I get. But even he doesn't wanna be on tv, get him off my tube

Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing a lot of trolling for someone who once wrote this on a sneaker message board.
Not trying to troll. Dudes are literally spending countless hours trying to attack fan bases because a flopping fine was announced. dudes literally went on full attack mode on Laker fans and kobe as if we were the ones who fined LeBron
laugh.gif

I ignored it for a while didn't I?
But the dude wasn't letting go for pages and pages. I only just stepped in to try put an end to it.

I know every player has flopped in some way,
I never once denied it. But dudes gotta let it go and just let it be.
He got fined.
And everyone else who flops from now on will as well.

But I respect people like you so ill leave it alone and apologize if my engaging in the conversation contributed to the derail.

It's not going to stop tho, even though I'm done. But if I'm gonna be singled out for it ill take it in stride and say no problem, ill stop homie.
I see where you're coming from. I'm just annoyed because I skim through after a game and I see ill steelo and a handful of others talking about the game and 80-85% of the other responses are complaints about officiating or flopping or both. I just think it's out of control at this point. It's definitely not just you, so I'm not trying to single you out.

Also I'm getting old and grumpy.

Im going to switch it up
Personally I think it should have been larry sanders he was swatting everybody ****

Lol. Going to sound like a biased Heat fan but I wanted LeBron to win it. :lol:

Just because a wing hasn't won one in years.

I got them in 5 against either team, they're all healthy, Parker is balling out, Timmy is playing like hes young, and I think ginobili will pick it up. Plus the best coach in the NBA and Wade is still looking shaky. If they play indiana, I think Indiana can steal 1 but thats it.

don't take things so seriously, how you got shamed into giving a cd away :lol:

I ain't even gonna lie, JD had me feelin like :wow: when he called me out. lol
I despise hypocrisy in life, and for a few minutes he made me feel like a big hypocrite :smh:
Although I didn't try to troll, the fact that i came off that way made me feel shameful enough to wanna do something kind. :lol:

I've decided I am going to cop an extra copy of J.Cole's "Born Sinner" album on the 18th and do a give away just for my S&T NBA homies...As a sincere token of my apologies for the last 2 pages of OD immaturity.

Hmm... Not too shabby of an idea. :smokin
Im jotting that down in my notebook right now.
Probably going to do something of that sort. :nerd:

Im going to switch it up
Larry needs to go to MIA

don't take things so seriously, how you got shamed into giving a cd away :lol:

Being that Yeezus drops on the same day and will potentially come with a raffle ticket to cop a pair of Yeezy's minus whale just do that instead. That $12.99 could result in a cool $1k easy

Players will do what they can if it helps them win. And if it helps someone you're a fan of, you'll sure as hell take it.
That does NOT mean you have to go out of your way to defend and make excuses for it though. You can be a fan of a player/team and not agree with everything they do.

But I get it, people like yourself can't have a personal opinion on most matters. It's all about being a lawyer for your cause.

"Kobe stans do this" "LBJ stans do this". Man **** outta here. Y'all dudes are all one and the same. Each one of you are equally as bad as your counterpart.
Honestly dude, I think me going on a cut and having a calorie deficit has contributed to me responding in ways I usually never would of. It does make you do a lotta Uncharacteristic things
mean.gif
I don't believe I trolled. But I shouldn't have responded to it, especially in that manner. Sometimes when regular talk doesn't settle things down you try pictures and such to hopefully make people realize how silly they are being and hopefully stop.
That's all my intentions were.
Son...
laugh.gif

It's gonna be alright, man.

Scumbag JD.
mean.gif
Calling people out for their hypocrisy in previous posts...Where they do that at?

Speaking of new threads, I just realized there wasn't a separate one made for the Heat/Pacers series and I think we can all agree that was clearly something that should've happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom