Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LeBron leaves Miami then its curtains for his legacy. Even if he was to go back to Cleveland he would forever be known as the guy who jumped from team to team to get rings. The guy who at the first sign of things getting tough decides to leave and go to a place where he'll have it easy(this is already a popular opinion but if he leaves again the amount of people who side with it will increase tenfold) . Call me naive, but I don't think he will do it to himself.

That's already is legacy though.

He's just lucky the media pushes the lebron can do no wrong agenda since he won that cheat code chip.

Hardcore fans might care but I think the younger generation actually loves that. "he got his" that's all that matters.

Going to CLE and winning enhances his legacy it doesn't hurt it.

I doubt he goes anywhere. But the moment there is any adversity in Mia he is gone. That's just his personality. Riley knows that and will do what he can to make sure he always has amazing ell surrounding him

Dude hit that shot after not making any of the free throws in the team free throw contest they won for him to qualify to take the shot.
The mascot was like security, trying to usher the guy away from the Thunder bench.

I'm actually kinda surprised real security didn't step in 
laugh.gif

He is the reason that teams in the playoffs in the first place. Even when Rondo was there Pierce was the most important piece to the team. I HATE Paul Pierce, and as much as it bothers me I'm giving credit where credit is due.

Aldridge, Lee, Bosh? I know they aren't true centers but they all had better years than Howard. I'm not sure how strict All-NBA is with positions. 

Chris Bosh?...seriously

How is 16.6 Ppg, 6.8 Reb :smile:x) and 1.4 Blocks better than Howard's 17 ppg, 12.4 Reb, and 2.4 Blocks.

Some of y'alls hate for Dwight is out of control. Yeah he played below expectations, and yes he's a complete clown but saying Chris Bosh is a better center than him..absolute foolishness. There's no way you should even be considered for All-NBA Center and you average under 7 rebounds per game...no f'in way.

Last edited:
Chris Bosh?...seriously

How is 16.6 Ppg, 6.8 Reb (
sick.gif
) and 1.4 Blocks better than Howard's 17 ppg, 12.4 Reb, and 2.4 Blocks.

Some of y'alls hate for Dwight is out of control. Yeah he played below expectations, and yes he's a complete clown but saying Chris Bosh had a better year than him..absolute foolishness. There's not way you should even be considered for All-NBA Center and you average under 7 rebounds per game...no f'in way.
This is what happens when you only look at stats and again, Bosh isn't a true center so I don't know if that will dictate who gets in. He doesn't put up rebound numbers but look at their style of play.

Last edited:
How can you say Bosh when all he does is shoot jumpshots? He just plays the position. Hell i watched Lebron defend the middle more times that he do during the game :lol:

David Lee: 18.5 ppg, 11.2 rbs, 3.5 asts, 0.3 blocks 
sick.gif

sick.gif
, .8 steals  averaged per game. 

Lamarcus Aldridge: 21.1 ppg, 9.1 rbs, 2.6 asts, 1.2 blocks, .8 steals averaged per game. 

Dwight Howard: 17.1 ppg, 12.4 rbs, 1.4 asts, 2.4 blocks, 1.1 steals averaged per game. 

While Dwight had the least points a game outta the 3, he had more rebounds, blocks, and steals per game. And if I could find a stat for shots altered, he'd lead in that too.

Dwight Howard deserves to be on the all nba team. The game is played both ways, defense and offense, and Dwight defensively is far superior than Lee or Aldridge. 

This is what happens when you only look at stats and again, Bosh isn't a true center so I don't know if that will dictate who gets in. He doesn't put up rebound numbers but look at their style of play.

Then what do you look at? In what way does Bosh deserve to be on any All-NBA team? He's not the "difference maker" on his team, he doesn't play exceptional defense, he gets abused on the boards by centers and power forwards. So how do you justify him over anybody else?

Josh Smith and Al Horford have a better case for all-nba than Chris Bosh....dead srs.

Last edited:
Couple things about yesterdays Playoffs games.

Don't expect Atlanta to lay down, they'll fire back at Indiana. I like Lance's game.

+

I don't blame D'Antoni for starting Nash. Lakers are desperate for offense and ball movement and that's what Nash gives you right off the bat. Lakers might be able to tie this up next game.

+

Brandon went off yesterday! That's my dude :pimp:

Miami in 5.

+

Whoa! Houston's frontcourt is small! I still think Houston can snag 1 or 2 games in the series..

He is the reason that teams in the playoffs in the first place. Even when Rondo was there Pierce was the most important piece to the team. I HATE Paul Pierce, and as much as it bothers me I'm giving credit where credit is due.

i agree, he def deserves credit but he aint getting and all nba spot

luke babbitt got a 3rd place vote for sixth man of the year

Last edited:
LeBron is arguably the best defender in the league. Bosh is playing his complimentary role and doing what he's asked. When you play in a system like that with other exceptional players your numbers aren't going to look great. His defense was never his calling card anyway. 

Howard put up good numbers but I just didn't see that impact. It seemed like every win was a struggle for LA. Not saying it was Howard's fault, but his impact just wasn't the same as Bosh was with the Heat. 

To be fair, everyone looks great with LeBron. I have no doubt in my mind that Howard would look dominant this year had he played for the Heat, even as with his injuries. 

The love affair some of you guys have with Brandon Jennings is unreal. To say he went off last night? How is 26 points on 20 shots and 4 combined reb/ast/stl/blk going off? How can anyone look at that and say he played a good game? Unreal :lol:

LeBron is arguably the best defender in the league. Bosh is playing his complimentary role and doing what he's asked. When you play in a system like that with other exceptional players your numbers aren't going to look great. His defense was never his calling card anyway. 

Howard put up good numbers but I just didn't see that impact. It seemed like every win was a struggle for LA. Not saying it was Howard's fault, but his impact just wasn't the same as Bosh was with the Heat. 

To be fair, everyone looks great with LeBron. I have no doubt in my mind that Howard would look dominant this year had he played for the Heat, even as with his injuries. 

Exactly my point. So again, what was Bosh's impact that makes him all-nba? Because honestly you can interchange him with a Josh Smith or even Serge Ibaka and the Heat would be in the EXACT same place they are now.

Last edited:
The love affair some of you guys have with Brandon Jennings is unreal. To say he went off last night? How is 26 points on 20 shots and 4 combined reb/ast/stl/blk going off? How can anyone look at that and say he played a good game? Unreal :lol:

its not Jennings, its that same style of play they love.

they'd have said the same about Ellis if his shots went in. they didnt so they mock and ridicule him. Jennings takes the same, bad, ill advised shots....they go in and its all good

its not Jennings, its that same style of play they love.

they'd have said the same about Ellis if his shots went in. they didnt so they mock and ridicule him. Jennings takes the same, bad, ill advised shots....they go in and its all good

As Kenny Smith said last night, a point guard's job is to get you into your offense, set up his teammates, set the tempo, make sure you get good plays. Brandon Jennings does none of that.

He just wants to go play wheeeee backyard basketball. Ellis is worse though

Exactly my point. So again, what was Bosh's impact that makes him all-nba? Because honestly you can interchange him with a Josh Smith or even Serge Ibaka and the Heat would be in the EXACT same place they are now.
Josh Smith a loser with a loser attitude. Just my opinion.

Serge is good in my book though.

Well we can only go with what actually happened in reality. The Heat ended up with a lot of wins and from what I observed, Bosh played more than a key role. That's not to say other guys couldn't if they switched positions. 

From what I saw of Dwight in Los Angeles, it was a struggle. Not only for him but for his team to look consistently good. He put up good numbers but that doesn't mean much to me.

Josh Smith a loser with a loser attitude. Just my opinion.

Serge is good in my book though.

Well we can only go with what actually happened in reality. The Heat ended up with a lot of wins and from what I observed, Bosh played more than a key role. That's not to say other guys couldn't if they switched positions. 

From what I saw of Dwight in Los Angeles, it was a struggle. Not only for him but for his team to look consistently good. He put up good numbers but that doesn't mean much to me.

We can agree to disagree. Just IMO there's no way Bosh would make any all-nba team, I don't think his impact is that great...hell I didn't think he shouldve been in the All-Star game (and after how many times he got embarrassed during it I think I'm right :lol:)

We can agree to disagree. Just IMO there's no way Bosh would make any all-nba team, I don't think his impact is that great...hell I didn't think he shouldve been in the All-Star game (and after how many times he got embarrassed during it I think I'm right
laugh.gif
)
I see your point, trust me. Howard was hurt this year and still put up good numbers. I expect him to be back to his usual self next year. 

As Kenny Smith said last night, a point guard's job is to get you into your offense, set up his teammates, set the tempo, make sure you get good plays. Brandon Jennings does none of that.

He just wants to go play wheeeee backyard basketball. Ellis is worse though

oh but according to NT Sports, as long as you're getting BUCK-ETS! your official job on the team doesnt matter.

its disgusting.

Westbrook
Nate Robinson
JR Smith
Frobe
Ellis
Jennings

its a pain to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom