OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moheezy

formerly mizzoe33
This was a lot of fun last season, I was wondering why no one started this thread so I will give it a go. This thread is meant to have discussions about the current Rookies while also talking about this year's prospects.

2017 NBA Draft full results
  1. 76ers: Markelle Fultz (G) - Washington

2. Lakers: Lonzo Ball (G) - UCLA

3. Celtics: Jayson Tatum (F) - Duke

4. Suns: Josh Jackson (F) - Kansas

5. Kings: DeAaron Fox (G) - Kentucky

6. Magic: Jonathan Isaac (F) - Florida State

7. Bulls: Lauri Markkanen (F) - Arizona

8. Knicks: Frank Ntilikina (G) - France

9. Mavericks: Dennis Smith Jr. (G) - NC State

10. Trail Blazers: Zach Collins (F/C) - Gonzaga

11. Hornets: Malik Monk (G) - Kentucky

12. Pistons: Luke Kennard (G) - Duke

13. Jazz: Donovan Mitchell (G) - Louisville

14. Heat: Bam Adebayo (C) - Kentucky

15. Kings: Justin Jackson (F) - UNC

16. Bulls: Justin Patton (C) - Creighton

17. Bucks: DJ Wilson (F/C) - Michigan

18. Pacers: TJ Leaf (F/C) - UCLA

19. Hawks: John Collins (F) - Wake Forest

20. Kings: Harry Giles (F/C) - Duke

21. Thunder: Terrance Ferguson (F) - Australia

22. Nets: Jarrett Allen (C) - Texas

23. Raptors: OG Anunoby (F) - Indiana

24. Nuggets: Tyler Lydon (F) - Syracuse

25. 76ers: Andzejs Pasecniks (C) - Latvia

26. Trail Blazers: Caleb Swanigan (PF) - Purdue

27. Lakers: Kyle Kuzma (F) - Utah

28. Jazz: Tony Bradley (C) - North Carolina

29. Spurs: Derrick White (G) - Colorado

30. Lakers: Josh Hart (G) - Villanova

31. Pelicans: Frank Jackson (PG) - Duke

32. Suns: Davon Reed (SG) - Miami

33. Magic: Wesley Iwundu (SF) - Kansas State

34. Kings: Frank Mason III (PG) - Kansas

35. Grizzlies: Ivan Rabb (PF) - California

36. 76ers: Jonah Bolden (PF) - Australia

37. Celtics: Semi Ojeleye (SF) - SMU

38. Warriors: Jordan Bell (C) - Oregon

39. Clippers: Jawun Evans (PG) - OSU

40. Hornets: Dwayne Bacon (SF) - FSU

41. Hawks: Tyler Dorsey (SG) - Oregon

42. Lakers: Thomas Bryant (C) - Indiana

43. Rockets: Isaiah Hartenstein (C) - Lithuania

44. Knicks: Damyean Dotson (SG) - Oregon

45. Rockets: Dillon Brooks (SF) - Oregon

46. Bucks: Sterling Brown (SG) - SMU

47. Pacers: Ike Anigbogu (C) - UCLA

48. Clippers: Sindarius Thornwell (SG) - South Carolina

49. Nuggets: Vlatko Cancar (SF) - Slovenia

50. 76ers: Mathias Lessort (PF) - France

51. Nuggets: Monte' Morris (PG) - Iowa State

52. Pacers: Edmond Sumner (PG) - Xavier

53. Celtics: Kadeem Allen (SG) - Arizona

54. Suns: Alec Peters (PF) - Valparaiso

55. Jazz: Nigel Williams-Goss (PG) - Gonzaga

56. Celtics: Jabari Bird (SG) - California

57. Nets: Aleksandar Vezenkov (PF) - Spain

58. Knicks: Ognjen Jaramaz (PG) - Serbia

59. Spurs: Jaron Blossomgame (SF) - Clemson

60. Hawks: Alpha Kaba (PF) - France

On a side note, as a die hard Philly fan, it feels weird not to be as excited about this year's prospects as we are gunning for the playoffs.

Watched my teams lottery pick get relegated to garbage time on a lottery bound team, no tank. Phil Jacksons final eff u new York. :smh:

Don't like how Fultz was used at all in that first game. I thought the idea was for him and Simmons to SHARE playmaking duties. Not for Fultz to play off the ball 90% of the time. I mean there were times Philly's bigs got a rebound and completely ignored the outlet to an open Fultz in order to look for Simmons.

I can avoid seeing DSJ shine because I don't follow the Mavs but I can't avoid seeing Frank riding the bench on a team going nowhere. (DSJ is looking good tho :frown: )

I know, it made 0 sense to me as to why they started sessions :smh:

Don't like how Fultz was used at all in that first game. I thought the idea was for him and Simmons to SHARE playmaking duties. Not for Fultz to play off the ball 90% of the time. I mean there were times Philly's bigs got a rebound and completely ignored the outlet to an open Fultz in order to look for Simmons.

I found that interesting too. You're asking Fultz to do something he's never really done before and he did show flashes of playmaking ability. I think Brown will experiment a lot with all these tactics. Fultz, Saric, Simmons and TJ can all share playmaking duties.

I'm more worried about Fultz not making a 3 so far.

Good lookin got out Moheezy Moheezy

w6DWM_s-200x150.gif

Fultz has a long ways to go. He's literally like our 8th or 9th man at the moment. Dario, Amir, TLC and sometimes TJ all get into the game before him. He's not THAT fast or explosive to blow past anybody or finish in traffic and he's refusing to shoot the ball further than 5 feet away right now.

Fultz has a long ways to go. He's literally like our 8th or 9th man at the moment. Dario, Amir, TLC and sometimes TJ all get into the game before him. He's not THAT fast or explosive to blow past anybody or finish in traffic and he's refusing to shoot the ball further than 5 feet away right now.
Was I wrong to think that he and Simmons would share ball handling duty when on the court together? He doesn't seem very comfortable playing off the ball. Obviously this is something he needs to get better at, but I do think the ball should be put in his hands a bit more.

While he isn't really fast or explosive, I do still think that spin move of his is an elite tool and can get him into the paint any time he wants.

Was I wrong to think that he and Simmons would share ball handling duty when on the court together? He doesn't seem very comfortable playing off the ball. Obviously this is something he needs to get better at, but I do think the ball should be put in his hands a bit more.

While he isn't really fast or explosive, I do still think that spin move of his is an elite tool and can get him into the paint any time he wants.

His spin move being his best option gives me bad memories of Evan Turner. That's who he's reminding me of at the moment. Some pretty good playmaking from time to time but bad at finishing in traffic and a complete non-shooter from outside of 10-12 feet.

Obviously this is my observation through two career games where he's dealing with some type of shoulder injury and I hope he becomes what we thought he would. And yes him and Simmons should be sharing ball handling duties. They need to get him to bring the ball up and run pick and rolls with Ben. We're lucky JJ, Bayless and Covington are shooting the ball at an elite level right now or else our spacing would be atrocious.

Embiid isn't playing tonight so I hope Fultz and Simmons both take it upon themselves to be super aggressive.

His spin move being his best option gives me bad memories of Evan Turner. That's who he's reminding me of at the moment. Some pretty good playmaking from time to time but bad at finishing in traffic and a complete non-shooter from outside of 10-12 feet.

Obviously this is my observation through two career games where he's dealing with some type of shoulder injury and I hope he becomes what we thought he would. And yes him and Simmons should be sharing ball handling duties. They need to get him to bring the ball up and run pick and rolls with Ben. We're lucky JJ, Bayless and Covington are shooting the ball at an elite level right now or else our spacing would be atrocious.

Embiid isn't playing tonight so I hope Fultz and Simmons both take it upon themselves to be super aggressive.
Haha I'm pretty well versed with Evan Turner as well. At least from what I saw of Fultz in college, he is a far more explosive leaper and a much better and more comfortable 3 point shooter than ET. I feel like the injury is really messing with him, because he hasn't really looked like the player he was in college at all. The PnR with Ben SHOULD be deadly. BOTH players need to become willing shooters though.

Oh man, I thought I was the only one who got memories of Evan Turner. That spin move...

I honestly thought he would be more in control but he seems lost a ton and forces the issue regularly. I still believe is because he's asked to play a role he never did before and now at the most elite level of basketball.

Im attending the sixers game today and it will be good to see him in person.

But as of right now, Boston is winning that trade.

Back
Top Bottom