OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah maybe he's closer to 6'6". Still bigger than CJ regardless though. Having that kind of game on a bigger frame is pretty promising.

His advanced level of cleverness and guile reminds me of manu

Who else has that smooth low elevation jumper?

a Steve Smith who can shoot 3's off the dribble?

I have no doubt Doncic will be a very effective NBA player, but I keep coming back to; how many perimeter NBA Superstars are average athletes?

Superstar imo would mean he can be a #1 option on a contending team. I don't know if Luka is that type of player.

Do people expect Donic to be a superstar? I was under the impression he was seen as a low-floor guy with a Billups-type peak (which is very high but not SUPERstar) precisely because of his athleticism. He definitely does look a little slow.

Only reason I don't like the Manu comparison too much is because a young Manu was 10x quicker and low key athletic in his own way.

He's an interesting prospect to say the least. Very high floor imo.

I would argue you probably shouldn't take anyone in the top 3 if you don't think they have superstar potential.

Depending on the draft that is an extremely difficult rule to stick to.

I think that guys like Lowry, Derozan, Horford, Klay Thompson, Draymond just to talk about today's NBA would be good top 3 picks in many drafts.

Depending on the draft that is an extremely difficult rule to stick to.

I guess, don't get me wrong...not really into any of these prospects this year. I probably enjoy watching doncic the most, but if you are a bad franchise searching for a superstar I could argue you are better off taking Ayton or something.

I now basically feel sorry for GM's that have to make these decision.

no one has any idea which one of these guys are going to be a superstar and your career hinges on a 19 year olds, not fully developed body and brain. :lol:

it's a crap shoot.

Manu comp only for his smarts and craft

Manu was an athlete breh

Draft class is very lit, franchise players? Maybe not but definitely franchise changing type prospects in bamba ayton porter and donic

Guys like young sexton and some of the other bigs have potential too

I can see where the Manu comp comes. It's Manu skillset with the athleticism of a young Andre Miller lol

I know it’s early but what’s a comp for RJ Barrett? And is the #1 pick right now for 2019?

Here is a list of G-F's with a season of 24 per or over.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...&c6stat=&order_by=ws&order_by_asc=&offset=100

are any of these guys average athletes?

Chauncey Billups had a 23.4 PER one year, was he a superstar?
Stockton had a 23.9 PER, is he an average athlete, I would probabaly put him above average tho?

Brandon Roy?
Nash?

Can you be a superstar if you only have average burst?
B Roy was definitely headed to superstardom 100000%

Last edited:
B Roy was definitely headed to superstardom 100000%

100% agree, dude was a special talent and was quickly becoming my fav player to watch.

Smart, unselfish, crafty, clutch, does the right play, three pt threat, he had all the tools to be great (other than knee cartilages :frown: )

I guess, don't get me wrong...not really into any of the hese prospects this year. I probably enjoy watching doncic the most, but if you are a bad franchise searching for a superstar I could argue you are better off taking Ayton or something.
we got a teenager at 29/11/2 right now.

Got another teenager at 7’1” w/ a 7’6” wingspan, fluid athlete, and actually knows what to do besides rim runs & o-boards.

Another teenager at 16/5/5 in the best professional basketball league in the world outside of NBA. Showing all types of craft and skill that most NBA vets don’t have

Back
Top Bottom