>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

Played a few games online and I'm finally getting the hang of the game. Won 6 games in a row and made 3 people rage quit.

I've noticed that people tend to fullcourt press a lot more in the game and it's so much easier to break it, especially if you bump up the coaching sliders to high offensive tempo and fastbreak.

Has anyone else shot the 3 considerably more after using the Motion offense? In 2k13 I didn't shoot the 3 that much (maybe 8-12 threes a game). After using Motion, I shoot the 3 maybe 15-20 times a game now and making 10-12 a game.

Also noticed that you MUST fancy pass during a fast break or the ball will be intercepted into a turnover.

What's the deal with 1-3-1 this year? Usually this zone leaves the corners open, but this year the wing and corner 3 is open. It's like I'm forced to play man all game long.
Hank I think it's cause people abused the hell out if the 1-3-1 last year and people were upset. That defense was so easy to break but people complain.

With everything else you said I don't know cause I don't have a copy of the game. I'm waiting to buy it for the PS4 next month
pimp.gif
He's 100% correct, 1-3-1 absolutely sucks now, and you know what I'm cool with that. NBA teams rarely run zone to begin with, and if they do its some sort of man/zone hybrid, the fact that 1-3-1 was absolute lock up in previous 2Ks was ridiculous. 2-3 works well, but its not overpowering.

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord

I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord

And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, Oh Lord, Oh Lord

Played a few games online and I'm finally getting the hang of the game. Won 6 games in a row and made 3 people rage quit.

I've noticed that people tend to fullcourt press a lot more in the game and it's so much easier to break it, especially if you bump up the coaching sliders to high offensive tempo and fastbreak.

Has anyone else shot the 3 considerably more after using the Motion offense? In 2k13 I didn't shoot the 3 that much (maybe 8-12 threes a game). After using Motion, I shoot the 3 maybe 15-20 times a game now and making 10-12 a game.

Also noticed that you MUST fancy pass during a fast break or the ball will be intercepted into a turnover.

What's the deal with 1-3-1 this year? Usually this zone leaves the corners open, but this year the wing and corner 3 is open. It's like I'm forced to play man all game long.
Hank I think it's cause people abused the hell out if the 1-3-1 last year and people were upset. That defense was so easy to break but people complain.

With everything else you said I don't know cause I don't have a copy of the game. I'm waiting to buy it for the PS4 next month
pimp.gif
He's 100% correct, 1-3-1 absolutely sucks now, and you know what I'm cool with that. NBA teams rarely run zone to begin with, and if they do its some sort of man/zone hybrid, the fact that 1-3-1 was absolute lock up in previous 2Ks was ridiculous. 2-3 works well, but its not overpowering.

I run a 2-3 zone sometimes, but it leaves the 3 open as well. I'm trying to find a nice balance, but it's getting harder this year. I know they improved the man defense this year, but I still feel like my defender is on skates every time the opposing offensive player uses space the floor and isolates their ballhandler. Even with the best perimeter defenders in the game (Ie Iman Shumpert), I still see the ball handler back his way into the paint and get 2-3 feet from the rim to get an easy layup or foul call.

Some dude last night kept running a pick and roll with Tony Parker and I couldn't find a way to stop it. I made the guy go under the screen, but Tony would hit an open jumper. Then I made the guy go over the screen and then Tony would blow by my defender. Then i'd switch and that was another nightmare. I wish the game had a better option to guard this damn tactic.

Last edited:

pimp.gif
I run a 2-3 zone sometimes, but it leaves the 3 open as well. I'm trying to find a nice balance, but it's getting harder this year. I know they improved the man defense this year, but I still feel like my defender is on skates every time the opposing offensive player uses space the floor and isolates their ballhandler. Even with the best perimeter defenders in the game (Ie Iman Shumpert), I still see the ball handler back his way into the paint and get 2-3 feet from the rim to get an easy layup or foul call.

Some dude last night kept running a pick and roll with Tony Parker and I couldn't find a way to stop it. I made the guy go under the screen, but Tony would hit an open jumper. Then I made the guy go over the screen and then Tony would blow by my defender. Then i'd switch and that was another nightmare. I wish the game had a better option to guard this damn tactic.
Did u try stepping up with the other guy Duncan or Splitter? Step up and run back down to the big....

1 3 1 was a cheesy zone.

I can lock up anyone with that zone... it too cheesy....

I will be copped 2k14 ps4.... lets get it!!!!

Did u try stepping up with the other guy Duncan or Splitter? Step up and run back down to the big....

1 3 1 was a cheesy zone.

I can lock up anyone with that zone... it too cheesy....

I will be copped 2k14 ps4.... lets get it!!!!

Tried that, and it ended up doubling Parker and leaving Duncan wide open in the paint with the Roll.

is there a way to play longer quarters online? tired of people just staying with their starting line ups and just using time out to get their stamina back. I pretty much go through my players with the Warriors.

and how do you do an alley oop? been playing the 2k series for the longest and never bothered to learn it. and is there a way to see your own scouting report?

still trying to figure out the defensive side, I'd usually go 1-3-1 the past 2ks but like most of you have said, they changed it up, that usually leaves the corners open. What I do is I'll set up in the 1-3-1 and when I see shooters on the corners, I would switch to a 2-3 zone. You have to stay ahead of the changes otherwise the transition between the 2 schemes won't work. I'd only D up if they're on the arc, if not, I'd play the passing lanes with my pg

is there a way to play longer quarters online? tired of people just staying with their starting line ups and just using time out to get their stamina back. I pretty much go through my players with the Warriors.

and how do you do an alley oop? been playing the 2k series for the longest and never bothered to learn it. and is there a way to see your own scouting report?

still trying to figure out the defensive side, I'd usually go 1-3-1 the past 2ks but like most of you have said, they changed it up, that usually leaves the corners open. What I do is I'll set up in the 1-3-1 and when I see shooters on the corners, I would switch to a 2-3 zone. You have to stay ahead of the changes otherwise the transition between the 2 schemes won't work. I'd only D up if they're on the arc, if not, I'd play the passing lanes with my pg
Its 6 min qtrs right? NBA players can play 30 min straight. if anything 2k needs to fix the stamina.. You got PGs and C's with the same stamina and endurance.

If you just stay with the PF (guy on FT lines) you can run everywhere on the court to help... when u see corners open run to corner with PF..... thats y its so cheesy.
LMFAO

You should watch how NBA teams defend the pick and roll instead of just running zone all game.

Is anyone else terrible at free throws?

And I'm sick of those baseline shots that go 20 feet in the air and go in :x

Last edited:
Is anyone else terrible at free throws?

And I'm sick of those baseline shots that go 20 feet in the air and go in :x

Honestly. I dont have time to learn everyone's free throws. I just put that ish to Free Throw %... its more realistic that way anyway

Shaq cant be hitting 100% on free throws.

This year's defense is honestly good enough where you can protect the paint so you wouldn't have to use zone to protect it from cheesers.

I used the zoned sparingly last year just to pack the paint as a last resort for dudes that just drived even though it wasn't even a clear lane or just threw force passes under the rim.

Last edited:
Anybody trying to run a game right now on 360?

DCAllAmerican is my GT. Let me know in here if you want to play so I can hop on.

Yo, That 2k14 next gen trailer is incredible man :wow: :wow: :wow: that screen of Anthony Davis, and the other screen with Ibaka, Durant, etc. legit could pass for real life man.

Very intrigued now how it'll look zoomed out, 5 on 5 game setting. That trailer made me want a ps4 now.

This game is making me want to get a PS4 but I know I'll barely touch it if I do cop. I bought The Last of Us a couple weeks after it came out and am only 20 % done. :smh: And not because it's a bad game since I actually really like it.

Last edited:
Next gen looks good but after all these years and technical advances.... still has those babydoll, mannequin dead shark eyes and no facial movements as far as the cheeks etc....

Man I will box out and my other teammates just WATCH the ball bounce on the floor. SO many dead ball rebounds LOL

So the amount of made 3's after made buckets is unrealistic. Wish I had real life stats to compare too. I can score a bucket, my opponent comes down after a made bucket, one pass to wing, 3, bucket. That is consistent. What I wanted to say last night. The issue I have with 3's. It isn't HOW MANY is made but which ones are made

Back
Top Bottom