OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

I think, playing basketball simulation video games lends itself to an incredible amount of subjectivity and it's extremely personal.

Not even from just presets, sliders, etc. but from a standpoint of assessing what's realistic in the context of it being a video game. No one (at least that I've seen) is really charting how often layups are missed, how errant 3's are relative to actual NBA games, etc. there's a ton of emotion involved that lends one to think "Oh Kyle Korver is open for 3 how has he missed 3 in a row" when in reality that does happen. People do miss layups.

We separate video games from real life so when we pick up the controllers, we're EXPECTING certain outcomes, and when they don't happen (as in real life) we call unrealistic. There are certain animations that are indeed frustrating and unrealistic, but that comes with the territory. It is a video game.

That's not for anyone in here I swear, that's just me saying in general. Commentary is based on years of what people have said about the franchise.

FOR ME, I've enjoyed every 2k release because I look at it with the mindset that there are certain limitations from a tech standpoint, that come with the game and won't really change until we get to next gen. So from that perspective, it's been fine.
why you lie about koala!!!

No one (at least that I've seen) is really charting how often layups are missed, how errant 3's are relative to actual NBA games, etc. there's a ton of emotion involved that lends one to think "Oh Kyle Korver is open for 3 how has he missed 3 in a row" when in reality that does happen. People do miss layups.
Dudes HATE hearing that in here. I always tell them, CHART or RECORD what is happening because when your feelings are involved, people just exaggerate.

Especially when it comes to claiming "WIDE OPEN" layups are missed. I always ask them to "Show me what wide open looks like."

People like complaining but don't like taking the steps to prove what they are seeing.

Dudes HATE hearing that in here. I always tell them, CHART or RECORD what is happening because when your feelings are involved, people just exaggerate.

Especially when it comes to claiming "WIDE OPEN" layups are missed. I always ask them to "Show me what wide open looks like."

People like complaining but don't like taking the steps to prove what they are seeing.
cuz we aint got the damn time to record everything. we are playing a game at the moment and when wonky stuff happens we just dont stop and go “oh gee golly o molly that was an absurd instance that just happened. let me record that and chop it up later, format it, and show it to the devs even though they have played the game already and know this **** is in there”

like why would anyone make stuff up? not like theres another basketball competitor that would benefit from that.

if theres an invisible wall making sure the ball dont go out of bounds im not making it up! im not sure how you can play the game and not notice it 🤷🏻‍♂️

cuz we aint got the damn time to record everything. we are playing a game at the moment and when wonky stuff happens we just dont stop and go “oh gee golly o molly that was an absurd instance that just happened. let me record that and chop it up later, format it, and show it to the devs even though they have played the game already and know this **** is in there”

like why would anyone make stuff up? not like theres another basketball competitor that would benefit from that.

if theres an invisible wall making sure the ball dont go out of bounds im not making it up! im not sure how you can play the game and not notice it 🤷🏻‍♂️
People don't purposely make stuff up. (Well some do).

But like P C H P C H said, when feelings are involved, frustration usually, people tend to exaggerate and or overstate the frequency of things happening.

But most importantly, I think people tend to have a false sense of what DOES happen in real life.

I am simply saying, coming on a forum to complain means nothing. If you want to see things changed, provide the Devs (who LISTEN to the community) evidence.

If you don't have time, cool. Don't expect anything to change.

myplayer in career
Yea, those modes won't give you a realistic experience. They are story driven so honestly, a lot of those outcomes won't be favorable.

Your BEST bet is to create your player, and take him into "MyLeague" mode. Download an accurate roster set that focuses on tendencies, and do a PLayer Lock with your person.

MyCareer for me is just a badge and overall grinding place. I can drop 80+ on HOF at will.

Sidenote finished my 9th build today. Got one more to finish and I’m done with all the players I’m going to have this year.

6’9 Pass First Wing. Easily my most versatile and fun player to use. Can play 1-4 and hold his own on defense against almost any build.

The Stats don’t look impressive but being this tall and fast is tough to stop, I can bully little guards and run by bigs. Only thing that’s stands a chance at stopping him is a big lockdown.
88104FE8-4395-45B1-A913-B96532D0F6F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom