:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Wait, so we're getting Greene instead of Arthur? I'm confused...what are the trades we're making? (Rockets, btw)

lol stop hatin' on Charlotte. Augustin, Ajinca in a couple years..plus Weaver was a steal.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

so have the underclassmen that entered the draft and not get drafted lost their eligibility?

As long as you don't sign with an agent, you can go back to school if you go undrafted.

What a downer.

Worst way to end the night
laugh.gif

Semi Erdehn, good night.

So Davon and Jamont going back to school

I'm hoping Davon didn't sign with an agent.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Wait, so we're getting Greene instead of Arthur? I'm confused...what are the trades we're making? (Rockets, btw)
It was reported on Draftexpress, later by Chad Ford in some ESPN blog that we were getting Arthur.

I dunno what happened, but now we have Greene and Dorsey.

It didn't take long for the Rockets to say au revoir to their first round draft pick from France.

Just a short time after taking 19-year-old small forward Nicolas Batum with the No. 25 selection in Thursday's NBA draft, the Rockets were working to complete a pair of deals that would send away Batum and their second round pick (No. 54) and get two players in return.

Those two players are Donte Greene of Syracuse and Joey Dorsey of Memphis.

Greene, a 6-11 forward, was chosen by the Memphis Grizzlies with the 28th pick in the first round.

Dorsey, who played in the NCAA championship game with the University of Memphis, was taken with the No. 33 pick (second) round by Portland.

Batum will go to the Portland Trail Blazers and the Rockets will also end up with a second round pick from the Grizzlies in 2009.

The Rockets are still waiting for the NBA office to approve the deals.
So... Wait... What exactly did Memphis get out of that deal?
laugh.gif
Nothing?

C'mon, Crawford, follow Rondo's footsteps in getting a championship to the team you ended up with on draft day.
smokin.gif

This is what basically happened:

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
portland wanted batum all along. they knew san antonio was going to take him. they told houston to take him for an early 2nd round pick. 33rd, and they took joey dorsey for houston.

memphis wanted darrel arthur. houston wanted donte green all along, but wanted to get him for better value, not at 25 straight up. memphis drafts donte green, sends him to houston. houston sends batum to portland. portland sends 33rd pick to houston, and darrel arthur to memphis. houston sends 54th pick to someone else, i'm guessing memphis.

portland gets who they wanted in batum by cockblocking san antonio.

houston gets donte green for better value, and essentially moves up 21 spots in the 2nd round to get dorsey.

memphis gets darrel arthur and an additional 2nd round pick.

that's what happened pretty much, except that i can't be too sure what's happening with that 54th pick..
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm not going to get into the basketball talk right now...I'm just happy for my _'s tonight

I'm pissed your boy Pat went so early, I was wanting the Rockets to get him (though they probably wouldn't have taken him). I'm glad he got draftedthough, I think he's gonna be a very solid player coming off the bench.

So... Wait... What exactly did Memphis get out of that deal? Nothing?

Haha that's what I was thinking. We're basically getting Greene and a second round pick from Memphis fornothing (other than losing Batum and Leunen to Portland of course)? I'll take that I guess... That makes a lot more sense now. That's not toobad of a trade.

Ska, could you shed some light on Crawford?

I didn't get to watch much of SEC basektball this year, let alone Kentucky.

Is he gonna fit in well with the Lakers?

i dont keep up with college basketball so i would like to know how you guys feel about the rockets trade and picks?

so let me get this straight, Portland is so draft savvy that they traded away their second round pick and another teams first round pick for a first rounder oftheir own
laugh.gif
Wow, Portland be fleecing dudes

houston gets donte green for better value, and essentially moves up 21 spots in the 2nd round to get dorsey.

Ooooh OK. That makes sense now. I was like what the hell is Chris Wallace doing...

Kevin Love and Darrell Arthur in the same draft, though? Not sure I get that.

Portlands GM is too smart for the rest of these teams he gets em so damn confused with all the picks and trades and players from other teams that they just sayF it and do it haha

Originally Posted by Jasko Mostar

i dont keep up with college basketball so i would like to know how you guys feel about the rockets trade and picks?
It's a good trade for the Rockets.

The thing with Batum is, he might turn out to be solid, but he's probably going to stay overseas a little bit. He's only 19. That's probably whythe Blazers wanted him, so they could stash him away. Rockets are in win now mode, and can't wait around for Batum.

Green is a bit raw, but he has upside, and he was initially supposed to be a lottery/mid first round pick.

He's like a Rashard Lewis type.

Long SF, that likes to shoot the 3 ball.

Derrtay:

He'll fit in if he commits to defense. Otherwise, Phil will see him as just another offensive2/3. And knowing how well Phil likes rookies (hedoesn't), there is plenty of motivation for Crawford to go to camp, do work, bring defense to the table, and fight for minutes.

Hell, I'm hoping that after 1 season, he has ALL of Walton's minutes.
laugh.gif
Or maybe 75% of them.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ooooh OK. That makes sense now. I was like what the hell is Chris Wallace doing...

Kevin Love and Darrell Arthur in the same draft, though? Not sure I get that.
Teams sabatoge players with their draft picks. but Love and Arthur dont have to play together but it still doesnt make sense cause Memphis arready hasWarrick.

Memphis is in rebuild mode anyway, so they're just stockpiling talent.

Arthur that late, is a no risk, high reward type move.

Warrick isn't even shaping up to be all that nice yet..

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Derrtay:

He'll fit in if he commits to defense. Otherwise, Phil will see him as just another offensive2/3. And knowing how well Phil likes rookies (he doesn't), there is plenty of motivation for Crawford to go to camp, do work, bring defense to the table, and fight for minutes.

Hell, I'm hoping that after 1 season, he has ALL of Walton's minutes.
laugh.gif
Or maybe 75% of them.

oh please.

Back
Top Bottom