:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

J-Critt/OJ/Rudy/Darrell

COULD BE Nice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope my dude Jamont didn't sign w/ an agent.....and I hope he actually went to class in the spring semester....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I still don't understand why the Cavs passed on Darrel Arthur for JJ. Don't get me wrong, JJ is a hell of a talent and is 1st round worthy, but DAseemed like a better fit for Cle.

Don't see why Seattle passed on him either. Westbrook/KD/J. Green/Darrel/Wilcox > RW/KD/JG/??/Wilcox

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Aren't all those dudes forwards? And didn't they contribute to giving up like 110 points per last season?

they're all swingman. They all played the 2/3 last season. The team as a whole contributed to giving up alot of points last season. They have decentindividual defenders on the team but I take it you believe one man...Kyle Weaver...would have prevented the team from giving up that many points.
....I didn't like the bulls taking sonny weems....I
They didn't keep him...he got shipped to Denver

Now that I think about it..... Portland is prolly the best place for Bayless s since they have B-Roy who has PG capabilities. Jerryd won't be asked toshoulder all of the PG duties since he and Roy can fluctuate between the 1 and the 2. Wow. That has potential to be a dangerous backcourt….

Too bad they traded Josh McBob….He was their PF of the future….

eek.gif
With the Mayo trade, Memphis could be on the rise soon.
eek.gif
Hell I might go see a Grizz game in Memphis for the first time in my collegeyears in M-Town.

Pat Ewing's son is gonna be a King.

Also glad Sonny Weems is going to the Bulls tho.
smokin.gif

Sonny got shipped to Denver.

I knew we were gonna get some Euro cat that will never step foot on US soil.

I love the Bulls draft. We got Rose. Thats all I wanted.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ Once again...he's not going to the Bulls...they traded him to Denver
oh my bad....
embarassed.gif

anyways I hope he'll be a great role player for the Nuggets like his former Arkansas teammate Ronnie Brewer is on the Jazz.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

J-Critt/OJ/Rudy/Darrell

COULD BE Nice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope my dude Jamont didn't sign w/ an agent.....and I hope he actually went to class in the spring semester....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I still don't understand why the Cavs passed on Darrel Arthur for JJ. Don't get me wrong, JJ is a hell of a talent and is 1st round worthy, but DA seemed like a better fit for Cle.

Don't see why Seattle passed on him either. Westbrook/KD/J. Green/Darrel/Wilcox > RW/KD/JG/??/Wilcox

well according the Chad Ford, the Sonics traded with the Pistons for DJ White. I think thats a pretty good look for them.

Wait why would teams want Kaun? Isn't he going to play overseas?

They said he will make a ton more money.

Too bad they traded Josh McBob….He was their PF of the future….
lol

im glad that riley took beasley after all the rumors about him. i wouldnt have been disappointed with mayo + a veteran but you cant pass up on beasley

Like I said...that pick doesn't make them THAT much better of a team. It's not like Kyle Weaver is going to help them improve that much on their Win-Loss record of last season. Plus they took Westbrook who's known for his defense anyway. Plus they already have Ronald Dupree, Gelabale, Griffin, and Wilkins on the team already. I don't see room for Weaver.
Seattle had one of the worst drafts..they take russell westbrook which is an OK pick and best...but i was screaming KEVIN LOVE because i knew therewould be a chance to get Mayo from the Wolves....then look what happened Memphis takes him and trades for Mayo
smh.gif
...then they waste there #24 and OVERPAY forD.J. White and then draft someone who in playing in RUSSIA. WTH these guys should be slapped. i am very disappointed!

They didn't draft anyone from Russia.

At the end of the night...they had Westbrook, Ibaka, White, and Hardin.

Give up the Mayo dream...he was NEVER in contention for that pick anyway. The Sonics had both Westbrook and Bayless above him on their draft board.

Seattle will regret drafting Westbrook. Not for nothing but if Collison doesn't get dinged up, Westbrook isnt even seeing those minutes and that tells yousomething.

Also...how the hell did Gary Forbes go undrafted?
Asked myself the same question as the 2nd round was wrapping up.

that is where the mistake happens... 3 questionable BIGS and a OK PG who hasn't played PG for long.... they get a C+

I'm sorry but no one is ever going to convince me that any of these guys are going to HELP the Sonics win, well maybe Westbrook maybe

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Seattle will regret drafting Westbrook. Not for nothing but if Collison doesn't get dinged up, Westbrook isnt even seeing those minutes and that tells you something.

I'm assuming you mean't Ridnour because Collison is a PF. And PJ doesn't like Ridnour...or Watson for that matter. Wouldn't surprise me tosee Westbrook getting baptisim by fire all year long...not like they're expecting to be a playoff team anyway.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Seattle will regret drafting Westbrook. Not for nothing but if Collison doesn't get dinged up, Westbrook isnt even seeing those minutes and that tells you something.

I'm assuming you mean't Ridnour because Collison is a PF. And PJ doesn't like Ridnour...or Watson for that matter. Wouldn't surprise me to see Westbrook getting baptisim by fire all year long...not like they're expecting to be a playoff team anyway.
Darren Collison, PG for UCLA.

I don't know why they dont like Watson when Westbrook is eerily similar to him. Watson certainly isn't the athlete that Westbrook is, but he is a gooddefender and pretty solid on the offensive end.

The only questionable big was Ibaka...because he's so young raw. He's the type of guy that if he pans out everyone will be praising Presti...if hedoesn't they'll criticize him. But all it costed them was a 24th pick. In past years, Ibaka could have gone lottery but teams are sort of straying awayfrom the projects now. Like I said...Once you get down that far in the draft...you're either looking for diamond in the rough types...or role players. Howdid they overpay for White...all it costed them was Plaisted and Sharpe. DJ White is a great role player and if Devon Hardin was 18 he'd probably be alottery pick...he's better than ALOT of big guys who went before him. He's certainly better than Robert Swift, Saer Sane, and maybe Petro. So onceagain...the only real reach here was Westbrook. White and Hardin are great picks.

Yeah, I don't mind the Sonics draft much at all...

Not great, but definitely not awful...

Serge Ibaka is a flat out athlete that could pay huge dividends if he continues to mature. In the meantime, they get a guy in the Jason Maxiell/BrandonBass/Paul Milsap mold that everybody seems to love having now... And I'm a big fan on Davon Hardin. They got a bunch of complementary athletes that will dothe dirty work and play defense. The pieces fit together really well with what they already had in place.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

that is where the mistake happens... 3 questionable BIGS and a OK PG who hasn't played PG for long.... they get a C+

I'm sorry but no one is ever going to convince me that any of these guys are going to HELP the Sonics win, well maybe Westbrook maybe

We were not looking for a hugr scorer. We needed guys to g o with Green and Durant. I love Westbrook pick. He is big and can defend. I think his athleticismis big.

Hardin has A LOT of potential. He isn't even that good on offense. He will be able to rebound and defend. Come in and get some big plays.

Giving up Sharpe and Plaisted is nothing for White. I think we won that trade.

Ibka has a lot of reward and little risk. He could be a starter if he uses his potential.

I liked the draft. If we did not get our PG, what would we have done? Bayless is good but more of a scorer then we needed.

Westbrook will work on his shot and if he can be a stopper on defense. Score some points and set up our scorers.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom