:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

twolves had a great draft, just by virtue of getting their favorite player in the draft, and mike miller

props to mchale on that

jamaal tinsley is officially out of indy, send him home

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

I REALLY like what Portland did.

They had the best draft in my eyes.
I mean I know folks got the Lakers back in the finals but if Oden is healthy... you cant ignore the Trailblazers......
nerd.gif

Seems like everybody that had a pick did a pretty decent job. I will say the Wiz were a little wierd but I guess if Magee can progress he could be solid. Ithink Thompson is going to be good for Sacto.

The frontline of Jefferson and Love is going to get beatup by physical guys. Unless they allow Jefferson to play off the best opposing big man and block shots.They have 2 guards in McCants and Foye that do not distribute the ball very well. Miller is going to need quite a few looks to help as much as people think.They better tell the guards to penetrate and dish. I bet Love averages 6+ APG.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Seems like everybody that had a pick did a pretty decent job. I will say the Wiz were a little wierd but I guess if Magee can progress he could be solid. I think Thompson is going to be good for Sacto.

The frontline of Jefferson and Love is going to get beatup by physical guys. Unless they allow Jefferson to play off the best opposing big man and block shots. They have 2 guards in McCants and Foye that do not distribute the ball very well. Miller is going to need quite a few looks to help as much as people think. They better tell the guards to penetrate and dish. I bet Love averages 6+ APG.

McCants doesn't dish, but he won't start anyway...he's gonna be the sparkplug off the bench when we need some offense. Foye can dish the ballthough, plus depending on what happens with the starting lineup, Telfair might be in there at PG and he's a top disher.

THIS DUDE Russell Westbrook won the @**$%!+ lottery!!! I can't believe he got taken so high.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

5428d3fd775908db1bb44a03cf80ddfb-getty-80976324jg115_nba_draft.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
son look like a Black Studies Professor

laugh.gif
I was lookin at dude last night wonderin why he looks so damn old...

Suit was on point, though.

I have a hard time believing Ewing has a spot in the league- ESPN Chad Ford

This sounds like a lot of hate

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The Cavs traded one of their second round picks in next year's draft to Miami for Darnell Jackson's rights, and cash to Seattle for Sasha Kaun's.
source?

I have no idea why Ford would question where Ewing will play....he's a 3 and it's pretty obvious.

Seattle I suppose wasn't that bad...I just didn't like the Westbrook pick.

Dre, you're right...that is the perfect spot for Bayless.

As a Sonics fan, I'll take the Westbrook pick all day. He will lock people down, his defense is worth the pick alone. He will run the floor like a beastand the Sonics love to run. He will work hard. He lead the Bruins in assists, out passing the "real" PG Darren Collison. Don't care if he playsPG or SG, he is what the Sonics need.
On the other hand, they completely blew it with Congo guy for their other pick, I could care less about his "upside," "length,""athleticism," he is a wasted pick. They already have 3 long "Raw" centers who actually have 2-3 years in the league and are stillworthless. Way to add another.
DJ White could be a decent role player.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

As a Sonics fan, I'll take the Westbrook pick all day. He will lock people down, his defense is worth the pick alone. He will run the floor like a beast and the Sonics love to run. He will work hard. He lead the Bruins in assists, out passing the "real" PG Darren Collison. Don't care if he plays PG or SG, he is what the Sonics need.

If Darren Collison doesn't get hurt, Westbrook isnt seeing those minutes so what does that tell you? With hindsight being 20/20 the Sonics could havewaited until the 2nd round to grab a better defender in Mario Chalmers, in my opinion, but they reached instead. They should have either taken Bayless ormoved back and grabbed Lopez. They wasted the #4 overall pick on a guy who wouldn't be able to crack the starting lineup and got consistent minutes if aplayer didnt get hurt.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

As a Sonics fan, I'll take the Westbrook pick all day. He will lock people down, his defense is worth the pick alone. He will run the floor like a beast and the Sonics love to run. He will work hard. He lead the Bruins in assists, out passing the "real" PG Darren Collison. Don't care if he plays PG or SG, he is what the Sonics need.

If Darren Collison doesn't get hurt, Westbrook isnt seeing those minutes so what does that tell you? With hindsight being 20/20 the Sonics could have waited until the 2nd round to grab a better defender in Mario Chalmers, in my opinion, but they reached instead. They should have either taken Bayless or moved back and grabbed Lopez. They wasted the #4 overall pick on a guy who wouldn't be able to crack the starting lineup and got consistent minutes if a player didnt get hurt.
Westbrook>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chalmers defensively
Westbrook>>>>>>>>Chalmers offensively

If Darren Collison doesnt get injured, Westbrook runs the point when Collison is resting, and playing the two when he is on the court. I said this earlier, butwhen Collison was hurt, Westbrook led the pac10 in assists (better than your boy bayless). Was it a reach at 4? Maybe. Was it a bad thing to get Westbrook ontheir team? Absolutely not.

Back
Top Bottom