:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

ya'll watching this special on ESPN?

Yeah they showed it yesterday and around noon today along w/ the one at around 7-8 tonight...I watched the noon one
And yeah someone should start awhole new NBA Draft Thread on Thursday....

roll.gif

If the Grizzlies come out the draft getting Jordan with the 28th pick.

That's gotta be pretty cool to have a brother in the draft

but they seem like complete stiffs

laugh.gif
that was funny when they got measured for height

and that laker and Miami trade
roll.gif

its pointless on both sides. lakers dont need beasely so why get the number 2 pick and for miami no point pretty much even tho odom is a better fit in the east

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

not even i believe this
laugh.gif

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/espn-radio-lakers-miami-rumors-heating-up-not-marion-t98549.html

do it anyways mitch
pimp.gif

Miami does want LO back but not for #2, they would more likely trade Marion for LO & Mihm or someone other bench player

third straight year the blazers buy a draft pick
laugh.gif

The Portland Trail Blazers will acquire the 27th pick in the draft from New Orleans in exchange for cash considerations, according to a report from ESPN.

The deal was agreed to verbally between the two teams on Tuesday night, according to the source. The teams have scheduled a trade call with the league in themorning to make the deal official.

source

not even i believe this
laugh.gif

ESPN radio reported that the Lakers and Heat are in talks that would trade Lamar Odom and the #58 pick to Miami. In exchange the Heat would trade to the Lakers Mark Blount, Udonis Haslem and Miami's coveted #2 pick in the draft. Rumor has it Riley is trying to clear cap space as much as he can, and wants Odom back in the fold.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/espn-radio-lakers-miami-rumors-heating-up-not-marion-t98549.html

do it anyways mitch
pimp.gif
smh.gif
, Thursday can't get here soon enough, these deals keep getting worse and worse
tired.gif

looks like miami is considering drafting OJ Mayo at #2 now....that is what they said on Sportscenter

not even i believe this
laugh.gif

do it anyways mitch
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Source: Hornets Trade 27th Draft Pick To Blazers

The Portland Trail Blazers will acquire the 27th pick in the draft from New Orleans in exchange for cash considerations, according to a report from ESPN.

The deal was agreed to verbally between the two teams on Tuesday night, according to the source. The teams have scheduled a trade call with the league in themorning to make the deal official.

From RealGM, they plan to take Ante Tomic. They also own the 13th, 33rd pick, 36th pick, 55th pick,

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Source: Hornets Trade 27th Draft Pick To Blazers

The deal was agreed to verbally between the two teams on Tuesday night, according to the source. The teams have scheduled a trade call with the league in the morning to make the deal official.

From RealGM, they plan to take Ante Tomic. They also own the 13th, 33rd pick, 36th pick, 55th pick,
haha and so it starts. This looks like step one for Pritchard to prolly move up or get a vet in the draft. Portland now has 5 draft picks I believe.

not even i believe this
laugh.gif

do it anyways mitch
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

There has to be more to this story, such as if it was a money issue, then why not just get one of Portland's second round picks. I really believe thatthere is something else about this transactin, that would answer itself later on this off-season. The part that sucks the most is that I'm going to drafttoo, so hopefully I can find a Hawks fan to wild out with....

From Hornets247 like six days ago:

Unless something major changes over the next few days with the workouts for the Hornets, I'm feeling pretty certain about one thing:

The Hornets won't be drafting in the first round.

The Hornets have only brought in three players who are generally accepted as possible 1st round prospects: Mario Chalmers, Gary Forbes and Courtney Lee. When Lee was brought in, it was also before a string of workouts that appears to have moved him solidly into the first round. If the Hornets were bringing in guys who were on the bubble: Richard Hendrix, Ryan Anderson, Jason Thompson, Nathan Jawai, or DJ White, I might just think they were covering their bases, but they aren't.

The Hornets pick is 27th. Typically you'd bring in prospects rated 20-40 and take a look at them. The Hornets, however, seem to be bringing in prospects rated 40-undrafted. The few higher rated players they have brought in strike me as more of a "Plan B" - or smokescreen to cover what they are doing.

This, of course, leads to lots of wild speculation on my part. They probably have a trade in place, but is it just a cost cutter? Dropping from the first round to the second to save money, while assuming they can still get a player of the same quality after falling?

Or do they have some trade in place for a more important piece, having used the 27th pick as a sweetener? That would fit more, since this draft evaluation process seems like a way to find potential prospects for the summer league team, not a late-first, early-second round pick.

So unless the quality of the players brought in for workouts improve greatly over the next couple days, we can probably expect some sort of move on Draft night. I'll be watching.

Updated list of Players that have worked out for the Hornets, along with where they went on the DraftExpress mock draft(DraftExpress rules, by the way):

Guards:
22: Courtney Lee, Western Kentucky
50: Jamont Gordon, Mississipi State
Undrafted: Antoine Agudio, Hofstra
Undrafted: Bo McCalebb, UNO
Undrafted: Stanley Burrell, Xavier

Wings:
39: Gary Forbes, Massachusetts
46: JR Giddens, New Mexico
47: Shan Foster, Vanderbilt
49: Kyle Weaver, Washington State
53: Sonny Weems, Arkansas