:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Minny would love to get Beasley,
roll.gif

Haslem+2nd pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Odom
Mark Blount > 58th pick (what a slap in the face,
roll.gif
).

Haslem is vastly underrated, I'd have a hard time doing Haslem for Odom straight up, and I like Odom to boot.

Why is he vastly underrated? I don't know.

What makes him vastly underrated? He has the ability to get a double-double every night without anyone noticing. He grabs rebounds, he's willing to go downlow. He doesn't need to be fed in order to score. He's consistent. He's the PF you need on a winning-team that will hustle and win you gameswithout demanding the ball.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What makes him vastly underrated? He has the ability to get a double-double every night without anyone noticing. He grabs rebounds, he's willing to go down low. He doesn't need to be fed in order to score. He's consistent. He's the PF you need on a winning-team that will hustle and win you games without demanding the ball.

But he DOESN't get a double double every night...Lamar does.

What makes him vastly underrated? He has the ability to get a double-double every night without anyone noticing. He grabs rebounds, he's willing to go down low. He doesn't need to be fed in order to score. He's consistent. He's the PF you need on a winning-team that will hustle and win you games without demanding the ball.
Right, but despite all the hate Odom gets on here, he's a very good all-around player.

I agree with every word you said about Haslem, but he's not as good as Odom.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Haslem would have been more beneficial for the Lakers in the Finals than LO was.

Doing what exactly ?

Something that the Lakers were lacking like maybe heart, rebounding, and a consistent jump shot?

Word on the Street: Last-Minute Workouts

by: Jonathan Givony - President
June 24, 2008
DeAndre Jordan Impresses Big Time in Private Workouts

As a result of my continuous efforts to obtain the latest inside information, it is now this writer's opinion that DeAndre Jordan has substantially impressed teams with how well he has presented himself in private workouts (with Sacramento and Phoenix) and his stock is on the rise!

Ajinca Soldiers on the Workout Trail

Word out of the Philadelphia workout today (also attended by Toronto) was that Alexis Ajinca had yet another strong showing in this, his 14th workout so far. He went up against Darrell Arthur (who also looked good) and did an excellent job-- impressing everyone in attendance with his work ethic, professionalism, and all around mastery of the draft process. "Most foreign guys would have been complaining by now about how many workouts they've had to do, but Ajinca is just an unbelievable kid" one NBA scout in attendance noted.

Odom for Haslem would be a horrible trade...

Not Beasley: Barring a radical shift in thinking, the Chicago Bulls will select Derrick Rose with the first pick in Thursday's NBA Draft. Sources around the Bulls confirm that is the direction the club is leaning, although with the importance of this pick there is another scheduled discussion to insure the Bulls are in agreement on Rose. The Miami HEAT on the other hand is all but certain to pass on Michael Beasley. Word out of South Beach is the HEAT have been actively shopping the number 2 overall selection in the hopes of getting a player and a pick in the 3 through 5 range, and as of this morning do not appear to have a deal. A well placed HEAT sources say Pat Riley and company have no reservations about passing on Beasley, and because that is so well known Miami may have lost some of its leverage. The HEAT will likely draft OJ Mayo or Jerryd Bayless if they retain control of the #2 overall pick. If the HEAT indeed select Beasley on Thursday at number 2, it is because they have found a deal, not because they will keep him.

Excuse my ignorance for LO averaging 1 more rebound a game. I'm not saying Odom isn't better than Haslem. If I had a choice, I'd choose Odom too,but it's not like Haslem is completely out of Odom's league. Throw in the fact that the Heat would be adding in the 2nd overall pick, and that'swhat I was getting at, it's preposterous.

EDIT: The deal was Mark Blount, Haslem, and #2 for LO and the 58th pick. That's what I was defending. The fact that the deal is straight up whack.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Odom for Haslem would be a horrible trade...

Not Beasley: Barring a radical shift in thinking, the Chicago Bulls will select Derrick Rose with the first pick in Thursday's NBA Draft. Sources around the Bulls confirm that is the direction the club is leaning, although with the importance of this pick there is another scheduled discussion to insure the Bulls are in agreement on Rose. The Miami HEAT on the other hand is all but certain to pass on Michael Beasley. Word out of South Beach is the HEAT have been actively shopping the number 2 overall selection in the hopes of getting a player and a pick in the 3 through 5 range, and as of this morning do not appear to have a deal. A well placed HEAT sources say Pat Riley and company have no reservations about passing on Beasley, and because that is so well known Miami may have lost some of its leverage. The HEAT will likely draft OJ Mayo or Jerryd Bayless if they retain control of the #2 overall pick. If the HEAT indeed select Beasley on Thursday at number 2, it is because they have found a deal, not because they will keep him.

Wow. Pass on Beas for the Juice????
smh.gif
and
pimp.gif
@ the same time..

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Heat is linked to several possible deals, including sending Wade to Chicago for the No. 1 pick, second-year forward Tyrus Thomas and veteran shooting guard Larry Hughes; drafting Beasley and shipping him and center Mark Blount to Seattle for the No. 4 pick and forward Chris Wilcox; or dealing Beasley and Blount or guard Daequan Cook to Memphis for the No. 5 pick, forward Mike Miller and either guard Kyle Lowry or Mike Conley Jr. A source close to the Grizzlies said Memphis has no interest in parting with Conley.[/font]
This is getting ridiculous

I hate this time of year because 98% of these trade rumors are false.

The deals that actually go down are usually never reported beforehand.

third straight year the blazers buy a draft pick
laugh.gif

The Portland Trail Blazers will acquire the 27th pick in the draft from New Orleans in exchange for cash considerations, according to a report from ESPN.
I wonder why cats don't try to buy the top spots or do they?

Has this been posted yet?
"The Knicks have polled NBA personnel the past few days, trying to figure out the chances of USC combo guard O.J. Mayo falling to them at six. With the chances slim, Knick president Donnie Walsh is exploring ways of swapping picks with Memphis at No. 5 or Minnesota at No. 3, according to a league source, with their goal of drafting Mayo. Walsh believes Mayo can play point guard and has deemed him the best player after Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley. According ESPN.com, the Knicks even discussed a trade with Memphis about acquiring the fifth pick altogether, in dealing popular David Lee and Malik Rose for Brian Cardinal, who has two years left on his pact. "

Only in the Knicks post I believe. I'd trade Lee in a heartbeat for the number 5. He is not worth the number 5 pick. Knicks just can't take the Italianthough. Gotta be Love or Mayo.

....IF Seattle misses on getting BEASLEY AND MAYO i'll be very disappointed.... do whatever it takes to get that #2

I know people talk about OJ a lot, but he is like a 21 year old freshman. I think he has been playing below his competition for a while now. And im not sayinghe wont/cant peak, but I think he maybe overrated in the fact that he's been good for so long playing against younger players.

Im 20 and im about to be a senior in college. Honestly the last 3 years if i was in high school i probably would be a top recruit. Im not saying OJ is bad, butI think Beasley is the better choice. Beasley has always played around/ been goofy because his ultimately plan was the NBA. and his competition was never upthere with him, and he knew he would be in the league. I think once he gets to the nba we will see a work ethic and a sense of maturity we wouldnt haveexpected.

Curtis Malone has dealt with a lot of basketball prospects ( some which have gone in the wrong direction) but I think they keep a CLOSE watch on Beasley andexplain to him, this is what he's been thinkin about since 5th grade. Beasely has the tools to become a very very good NBA player.

For some reason I dont see OJ getting THAT much better. But we'll see

Mayo went to go work out with miami and they said he is gonna be the #2 pick.... mayo, wade, marion , haslem , blount/barron... haslem does a lot of dirty workthat he does not get credit for...

Back
Top Bottom