:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Heat is linked to several possible deals, including sending Wade to Chicago for the No. 1 pick, second-year forward Tyrus Thomas and veteran shooting guard Larry Hughes; drafting Beasley and shipping him and center Mark Blount to Seattle for the No. 4 pick and forward Chris Wilcox; or dealing Beasley and Blount or guard Daequan Cook to Memphis for the No. 5 pick, forward Mike Miller and either guard Kyle Lowry or Mike Conley Jr. A source close to the Grizzlies said Memphis has no interest in parting with Conley.[/font]
This is getting ridiculous

The first line of that paragraph is ridiculous.
laugh.gif

Wade > Roseuntil further notice, and Tyrus Thomas is a certified bum. Ala, the other dude who came outta LSU. "Stro-Show" Swift.

..my apologies in advance, KLJ.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

And Hughes sucks.

If the Heat are that hung up on Beasley, just draft Mayo #2 and call it a day, instead of trading away your franchise player.

EDIT: Wait, does that mean the Heat get the #1 and #2 picks in the draft?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

*There was a rumor on the Real GM board that had Antonio Daniels + #18 to Portland for their #13 + Jarrett Jack....someone was saying the Wiz are coveting Brandon Rush.
I'd keep #13 and Jack. I don't see the upside really for Portland.

I honestly dont see Minny taking Mayo, no need for him. They got Telfair, Mccants, and Foye. Great group of young guards. They need a big man to play with BigAl.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

I honestly dont see Minny taking Mayo, no need for him. They got Telfair, Mccants, and Foye. Great group of young guards. They need a big man to play with Big Al.
That's why if Riley actually passes up on Beasley...
ohwell.gif

Jefferson + Beasley =
pimp.gif

/\ It's not about a team need...its moreso them taking the best player available for trade bait. Selecting Mayo and using him as a trade chip is alotbetter than taking anyone else...if they want a big man trade down...cause Lopez and Love aint #3 quality.

Can people stop calling Beasley 6'7??? Legler was just goin on and on about it

Holy $!+@..

The kid measured at 6'8 1/4 IN shoes.

Leme know when they start playin in socks.

I honestly dont see Minny taking Mayo, no need for him. They got Telfair, Mccants, and Foye. Great group of young guards. They need a big man to play with Big Al.
Serious?

Mayo > McCants

Mayo > Telfair

Mayo < Foye

McCants does not have a future on our team, neither does Telfair. We need Foye and Mayo at PG/SG, and then we hopefully can trade our two second round picks(31 & 34) for a pick in the first round. Who knows? If we do trade up, maybe we can still get a decent center in Hibbert or Koufos...

Please Donnie Walsh, listen to me as a die-hard Knicks fan.

Michael Beasley would be the PERFECT 4 for D'Antoni's offense. Trade whatever and whoever you need to in order to get him.

I forget now Shannon, but yeah some combo of those 4..

Wiz, I completely agree.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Please Donnie Walsh, listen to me as a die-hard Knicks fan.

Michael Beasley would be the PERFECT 4 for D'Antoni's offense. Trade whatever and whoever you need to in order to get him.
Knick fans reaching, looking for a miracle...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Lavin has OJ at #5 for best Pac 10 prospect
laugh.gif

Legler aint a fan either

yea i also found it to be funny....

Legler pretty much doesnt like him either....

Anthony Randolph reminds me of chris bosh so much

Chad Ford (insert joke here) doesn't have the Knicks as a suitable trader for the Heat....that doesn't mean Walsh can't get it done though. But ifyou're being forreal, what do the Knicks have that the Heat covet?

I'd rather the cavs take Koufos instead of trading the pick for O'neal.

Koufos seems like a more athletic Z..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

pimp.gif

His jumper is $

this buzz is getting good...im excited for this draft should be a bunch of trades all day long.......got a game at 9pm
frown.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

pimp.gif

I wish Koufos would somehow fall to the Rockets. We need another big man to take over Deke's spot since Deke is like 100.
Too bad he won't fall that far though
tired.gif

there is this guy at the gym who is a HUGE rockets fan who makes me laugh....you remember when ya'll had Rudy Gay for like 3 minutes?? Gay/Yao >TMac/Yao

Originally Posted by JPZx

Chad Ford (insert joke here) doesn't have the Knicks as a suitable trader for the Heat....that doesn't mean Walsh can't get it done though. But if you're being forreal, what do the Knicks have that the Heat covet?

Do you really want to hear my idea? LOL here it goes.

First, make the David Lee/Malik Rose for Brian Cardinal/5 trade.

If Memphis is really offering that trade, take it in a second. Now the Knicks would have the 5th and 6th pick.

And it's a matter of what the Heat do at 2. If they really go and draft Mayo/Bayless at 2. Trade with the T'Wolves so if they are really interestedin picking Love, they can get him at 5. And if the Heat want to draft Beasley at 2, as trade bait, if Mayo/Bayless are there at 5 or 6, you pick them and makesome type of swap.

I dont understand the trade today. Why did New Orleans give up their first round pick for cash? I know its at the end of the first round and all, but isntthere value in that pick?

To me, the Hornets biggest problem last year was depth. If they think that they can win with that team, they are trippin. Chris Paul is good, but a team with3.5 good players on it is not going to get it done in the Western Conference.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

there is this guy at the gym who is a HUGE rockets fan who makes me laugh....you remember when ya'll had Rudy Gay for like 3 minutes?? Gay/Yao > TMac/Yao

It would have been Gay/Yao/T-Mac together. Instead, it's Battier/Yao/T-Mac. I don't really know what to think of that trade. Part of me thinks thatGay never would have developed into what he is today if he were playing with T-Mac (due to playing time and other factors)...but the other part thinks thatT-Mac would have been a good mentor to him (since they play similar) and helped him to develop. I can't really dwell on the trade though, just gotta acceptit for what it is and move on.

Back
Top Bottom