:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

off draft topic...

the Pistons are interested in trading Billups and Wallace to the Warriors for Baron Davis

Originally Posted by dland24

I dont understand the trade today. Why did New Orleans give up their first round pick for cash? I know its at the end of the first round and all, but isnt there value in that pick?

To me, the Hornets biggest problem last year was depth. If they think that they can win with that team, they are trippin. Chris Paul is good, but a team with 3.5 good players on it is not going to get it done in the Western Conference.

Like I said before, there must be something more to this trade. If it was all about money, they would've just traded down for a second round draftpick.

off draft topic...

the Pistons are interested in trading Billups and Wallace to the Warriors for Baron Davis
wow,
sick.gif
, why would Detroit do that ?

Agreed, Detroit would be foolish to do that. I don't see how that would help their chances to go any farther in the playoffs than they have been...

Anybody think that the trading the #2 pick or drafting OJ is a smoke screen to see what kind of trade value the number 2 pick has to offer??

Maybe this is Miami's way of getting something from Minnesota for the draft rights of OJ Mayo

I didnt see or hear it, but Lavins bugged out if he really got O.j. as 5th best prospect in the conference...

As for us tradin up for Beas?...Would be nice but I doubt Donnie can pull it off...I wish O.J. would fall but he probably wont, not with the Heat hot on histrail, even if they trade down. If we stay at 6, idk man...I like Westbrook and Augustin both, but maybe not that high(I know a lotta ppl got R.W. goin aroundthere, but idk...)

wow,
sick.gif
, why would Detroit do that ?

^

the only reason (and good reason) for Joe D to make the move is really just to free up cap space (and get Stuckey in the lineup), cuz he wouldnt re-sign Baron to any big deal after the season...maybe he's eyeing somebody on the market in the next couple years...that would be the only reason to get rid of Billups, but Sheed is gone regardless...
Even tho I know it wont happen, would Minnesota or Seattle except Sheed, Billups and/or Tay for their pick (Mayo), it would make either teamsinstantly competitive...I would like to see a Stucky/Mayo backcourt, and we need to tear up that core anyway...

I heard on ESPN.

Grizzlies give

Mike Miller, a point guard and the 5th pick.

for the Heats 2nd pick.

Now that is not bad.
eek.gif

The Heat could be pretty good if their pick pans out.

EDIT

D Wade to Chicago for number of players
eek.gif

^is that a rumor or did that happen?

Im sayin tho, you got Billups, Tay, Durant, Green, Wallace...the Pistons problem was always that they didnt have a player to give them points when they neededto get them over the hump, Seattle wouldnt have that problem...

Im a fan damnit, its my job to be optimistic...
laugh.gif
grin.gif

the warriors-pistons thing would be Billups-Sheed for Baron, PLUS Al Harrington
eek.gif
laugh.gif
...as a Warrior fan it's a good trade as we can afford to getolder a little, we have a lot of young talent and having some championship veterans would not hurt at all. Baron is nice though, it'd be real hard to partwith him but this is a trade I'd probably do. This would happen later on cuz I think Baron can't be traded until sometime in July, but it'sprobably not happening anyway.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I heard on ESPN.

Grizzlies give

for the Heats 2nd pick.

Now that is not bad.
eek.gif

EDIT

eek.gif

Wait what?
eek.gif

I heard on ESPN.

Grizzlies give

for the Heats 2nd pick.

Now that is not bad.
eek.gif

EDIT

eek.gif

Ducktales

That Memphis/Miami trade is just a rumor. It would be Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, #5 for #2. Doubt this trade would happen because Miami wants Conley instead ofLowry and Memphis isnt willing to deal Conley.

I heard on ESPN.

Grizzlies give

for the Heats 2nd pick.

Now that is not bad.
eek.gif

EDIT

Dude those rumors been floating for like 2 weeks or more, nothing new there

Nets turned down an offer recently from Portland who wanted the #10 in exchange for #13, #33, Jarrett Jack & Steve Blake.

i dont understand why the heat are thinking of passing up Beasley.... this is a no brainer, if hes still there, you take him, how can u think about takingBayless over Beasley??? i mean i know bayless is good, but #2....over beasley??? just dont see that at all....anyone else??

Nets turned down an offer recently from Portland who wanted the #10 in exchange for #13, #33, Jarrett Jack & Steve Blake.
that didnt happen.

i dont understand why the heat are thinking of passing up Beasley.... this is a no brainer, if hes still there, you take him, how can u think about taking Bayless over Beasley??? i mean i know bayless is good, but #2....over beasley??? just dont see that at all....anyone else??

what i dont get is why they seem so intent on getting a guard.

wheelchair should have the perimeter taken care of, are they really pinnin the future of their frountcourt on marion, who's gonna bolt and haslem?

i have no idea, they are obsessed with the idea of pairing d wade with a pg... why not d wade, beasley, marion??? seems like a better fit

Originally Posted by commodity05

i dont understand why the heat are thinking of passing up Beasley.... this is a no brainer, if hes still there, you take him, how can u think about taking Bayless over Beasley??? i mean i know bayless is good, but #2....over beasley??? just dont see that at all....anyone else??

naw miami is thinking of taking mayo at #2 and or trade down and get bayless... they said that marion is gonna stay in miami and they still have haslem...beasley is better then haslem but haslem is still a young dude and does alot of dirty work... i think that the need a point guard team up with wade.... who dothe heat have???? J williams how many more years does he have in this league?? banks = garbage.... would the wolves take marion/ j williams and blount for the#3???

Interesting Info on the Hornets Trade- Take It For What its Worth....

jonathan givony confirmed my source the other day when he also reported that Hornets had made a promise to Mario Chalmers to take him at 27.

Preety much Hornets had 3 names penciled down and they were 1)Lee, 2)Chalmers, 3)CDR. Hornets were finnaly able to get CDR in for a workout yesterday and lets just say he struggled and the Hornets felt that he was not a player that could carry his success over from college to the NBA. So that all but ruled him out. Word also came in that Orlando has given Lee a promise at 22 and Mario was also able to get a promise somehwere higher up in the draft. Therefore, the Hornets main guys were all gonna be gone at 27.

The real darkhorse was actually Sonny Weems whom the Hornets brought in for a second workout. Byron Scott loved this guy, but Hornets felt that they could probably get him later in the draft. Therefore, even though Hornets traded the pick away I still feel as though they may pick up a second rounder to grab Weems.

Hornets are also looking at a number of different trades, but the asking price in all of them is Julian Wright and the hornets are trying not to trade him. Right now things are not looking to good for the Hornets. They have virtually no tradable assets outside of Julian Wright, they are trying hard to move Rasual Butler but no wants him. Mike James soon to be expiring contract might come in handy but unless you package that with assets you are not gonna grab anything.

In FA Hornets will only be equipped with MLE and a large chunk of that is gonna go to Pargo if they resign him. Hornets also want some vetran presence and names like Bruce Bowen, Robery Horry and James Posey are being brought up.

The guy I spoke to was shocked and confused the Hornets moved this pick. he said that many within the organization were against the trade because they felt that the hornets needed to keep all the assets possible. He said that some of Bowers advisors told Bower to hang on to the pick until draft night and see if anybody falls. He said alot were frustrated at the fact that Bower made no effort to workout guys like Jason Thompsan, Nathan Jawai, JJ Hickson and ryan andersen. Also were also frustrated that he made no effort to put togather a full scouting report on Nicholas batum and Ante Tomic. My source seemed preety frustrated at the way things are heading because he feels Bower is too cautious in not repeating past mistakes of Vincius and Simmons. From what I can gather things are not looking to good for the Hornets moving forward this offseason as there are not enough tradable assets and not enough dough once they resign Paul and pargo.

Back
Top Bottom