:: Official NBA Draft Thread - June 26, 7PM EST ::

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My N' aint calmed down yet...

Finally, the Grizzlies can get more national televised games
laugh.gif

They really need to make a move to get some frontcourt help now, especially if this Arthur deal doesn't go through. I wonder could we still Biedrins fromthe Warriors
nerd.gif
. Also, Mayo may play the point for us, which will makeConley expendable for a SG. Its going to be an interesting offseason for the Grizz now.
pimp.gif

I believe that one part of this trade that is being drastically overlooked is Greg Buckner and his perimeter defense. He is going to be a tremendous backup forthis team spelling OJ and Rudy. We have upgraded our perimeter defense tremendously in this deal.

We will likely buy Walker out after this season, but for now I will consider him a Griz.

Concerning Jaric, we need to find out where he lives so we can find his wife!
laugh.gif

The addition of OJ speaks for itself.

So what about the lineup?

PG - Mike Conley / Kyle Lowry / Javaris Crittenden
SG - OJ Mayo / Greg Buckner / Marko Jaric
SF - Rudy Gay / Antoine Walker
PF - Darell Arthur / Hakim Warrick
C - Darko Milicic / Marc Gasol

We are without a doubt moving in the right direction especially with us not being completely finished with the offseason.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Finally, the Grizzlies can get more national televised games
laugh.gif

They really need to make a move to get some frontcourt help now, especially if this Arthur deal doesn't go through. I wonder could we still Biedrins from the Warriors
nerd.gif

I believe that one part of this trade that is being drastically overlooked is Greg Buckner and his perimeter defense. He is going to be a tremendous backup for this team spelling OJ and Rudy. We have upgraded our perimeter defense tremendously in this deal.

We will likely buy Walker out after this season, but for now I will consider him a Griz.

Concerning Jaric, we need to find out where he lives so we can find his wife!
laugh.gif

The addition of OJ speaks for itself.

So what about the lineup?

PG - Mike Conley / Kyle Lowry / Javaris Crittenden
SG - OJ Mayo / Greg Buckner / Marko Jaric
SF - Rudy Gay / Antoine Walker
PF - Darell Arthur / Hakim Warrick
C - Darko Milicic / Marc Gasol

We are without a doubt moving in the right direction especially with us not being completely finished with the offseason.

this man speaks the truth

*house money says Mayo tries something
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

Conley/Mayo/Gay/Warrick/Gasol
eek.gif

minnesota was better off with love

they already got mccants and foye, heck, telfair was playing decent last year

mike miller will be a great addition to the twolves

Check a few pages back for info on the Greene/Arthur trade. Nothing is official yet (I don't think...), it has to be authorized through the NBA office.

Whoa what the hell? I just got in so I don't got any of the info? How the hell did OJ Mayo get on Memphis? BUt more importantly how did my man ANTOINE geton the Grizz?

Kevin McHale + Michael Jordan = 2 worst executives in the NBA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Great trade for Memphis...
Conley, Lowry, Mayo, Warrick, Gay, Arthur, Darko, Marc Gasol...other than Darko, all these guys are on rookie contracts
laugh.gif

Memphis have the cap room to afford any UFA they want this summer or next summer.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Am I the only one that feels Augustin is an upgrade over Raymond Felton ?

no i agree, DJ was the best point guard in college basketball this year, no doubt about that

Better defender? Its prob because he isnt as pure a scorer as Bayless and they feel they can make him more of a PG then they could with Bayless. When they see that he is just Antonio Daniels lite they will be pissed. He has second tier PG written all over him.
lol antonio daniels? he never had the jumpshot bayless has...

Originally Posted by parasight21

I guess this is the Sonics' way to say good-bye to the city, wow...they really done f'ed up this draft.

The joke's on Clay Bennett, who is so obsessed with killing interest in the Sonics in Seattle, he purposely drafted terribly. So if the team leaves,he's set himself up for misery in OKC with a garbage team. Of course maybe he's got some secret deal where he gives up the Sonics but gets a team inOKC, then Seattle is stuck with this garbage...if that's the case, I'll take it.

From Herrington's Grizzlies Blog (Legit source):

Another Deal Coming
I've learned from a team source that another trade is currently being finalized and should be completed within hour. I do not know the particulars at this time.

I've heard lots of stuff tonight about a potential deal that would have sent Mike Conley to Portland, but now it appears that will not happen. I don't know what all the details would have been, but it seems Travis Outlaw would have been involved.

I'm also hearing that Michael Beasley is not involved
From what I've heard, it'll be Conley for Frye/Outlaw.

The Celtics got Bill Walker
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

No @#$@*!% way! My brother just informed me of this, wow I am big fan of this dude's game. I hope he makes the team. I missed out on all this tonight haha

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Also, Eric Gordon for Mike Conley was mentioned too. A Mayo/Gordon backcourt would be
pimp.gif
But they both play shooting guard.

The whole ordeal of trading Conley would be so Mayo could play the point. It'll be kinda like Bayless and Roy in Portland. I'm all for Conley forGordon straight up. Still waiting to hear something though. The only thing about having Mayo/Gordon/Gay, would Mayo be willing to distribute the ball morerather than shooting it. That's the only thing I don't like, but let's see what happens if a deal is made or not.

Back
Top Bottom