Official NBA Finals Game 2: 06/07 Orlando Magic @ Los Angeles Lakers 5:00PM PST ABC

Los Angeles

formerly bright nikes
5rxl4j98r10cevf7eyz5dryqn.gif

00-Magiclogos.gif

11.jpg
3445.jpg
2384.jpg
469.jpg
862.jpg

ALSTON - LEE - HOWARD - LEWIS -TURKOGLU

@

00-Lakerslogos.gif

moz-screenshot-28.jpg
246.jpg
110.jpg
2426.jpg
996.jpg
2748.jpg

FISHER - BRYANT- ARIZA - GASOL - BYNUM

Alright, game 2 is upon us tomorrow. The game 1 thread is NO longer on the first page, and it's time to talk about basketball. It's a game about adjustments.

The Lakers should play tomorrow like they're down 0-1, come with energy, effort, passion.

Stan Van Gundy has gone on record and said Skip will be their starting PG, how will he handle the PG rotations? What's his gameplan for KB24? Will D12 dominate the touches inside?

Plenty of story lines going into game 2.

Lakers are focused, remember defense comes from effort, any lack of effort will not be a good look.

Let's go Lakeshow
pimp.gif

Btw, pour one out for LakersMets49ers - he fell victim to banned camp
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully Magic can bounce back from embarassing loss on thurs and get on track, or the series is over imo

The most important game in Magic franchise history.

Normally I'd call out one or two players to step up, but the entire team didn't show up in Game 1 - including the coaching staff.

The team has been resilient all throughout. It's interesting to see how they respond to Game 1's %%% kicking.

Here we go.

Well said Ghenges.

A lot of people are saying this series is over, but its far from that.

The magic are better than that game 1 performance, they got open looks but missed.

Lakers dodged plenty of bullets by leaving them open on the perimeter, Hedo and Shard need to knock down their shots for dwight to be effective, hell everyoneneeds to knock down their shots.

2-0 for the Lakeshow sounds nice, let's gooo.

--I can see the Magic's 3 point bombs splashing night. They have been able to bounce back all postseason long.
--If the Lakers defensive intensity matches or is greater than Game 1, from swarming D12 to rotating quick to outside shooters, Lakers have a chance.
--LETS GO LAKERS!!!

Stupid move by Orlando to bring back Jameer for the Finals.

Questions are running rampant now for SVG about whether Alston should and will he start...Distrupting this team already.

We really need this game.

I don't want the series tied at 1-1 with 3 straight in Florida
smh.gif
That could be a recipe for disaster.

Like y'all said....Lakers need to play harder than they did in Game 1 because y'all know the Magic are gonna come out stronger.

I want to see Bynum attack Dwight early again and try to get him into foul trouble.

I know the Magic won't shoot as bad as they did in game 1 so we need to play defense even harder. Half of those open looks drop in game 1, it would'vebeen a more competitive game.

Hopefully, no one relaxes. I want the same fire and intensity from everyone that I've seen the past 3 games of this postseason.

We play like we're capable of playing, we'll be fine.

The Magic need to shoot better, and find a way to defend Kobe Bryant. They're capable of doing the first, but I don't know if they are able to do thesecond.

120lc8o.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]LET'S[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]GO[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]LAKERS!

[/color]

everyone talks about laker defense and magic shooting...

but imo theres no way for magic to defend the lakers...too many holes in their defence
they have no defenders in their starting 5 except dwight.... series is done.

[h1]Howard Wants To See Bynum Do Well[/h1]

Jun 06, 2009 8:49 AM EST

Bynum_Andrew_lal.jpg
Dwight Howard feels like he has a special connection to Andrew Bynum, and he wants to see his Finals opponent do well.

Howard and Bynum, true centers, are a dying breed in today's NBA.

"Of course," Howard said of wanting Bynum to play well. "I've been watching Andrew since high school, and he's come a long way with his weight.

"I first saw him in the All-Star Game and he was wider, but he's slimmed down, gotten into better shape. ... I think we have a lot of respect for each other, knowing we're like dinosaurs in the NBA. There's not a lot of us."

Howard told the Daily News that he is even willing to work with Bynum on getting stronger this summer.

"He wants to get a little toned up, and I've got some workout regimens for him," Howard said.

Nice things for Dwight to say about Bynum.

This is what I like to see, you can battle, fight, and hate a player on the court, but off the court there's no shame in showing respect or friendship toan opponent. Even as a Magic and Dwight fan, I'm also a Bynum fan and I hope he can stay healthy and become a dominant center. True centers are a dyingbreed in the NBA today, and I would love to see Dwight and Bynum do battle throughout their careers.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Bynum_Andrew_lal.jpg
Dwight Howard feels like he has a special connection to Andrew Bynum, and he wants to see his Finals opponent do well.

"Of course," Howard said of wanting Bynum to play well. "I've been watching Andrew since high school, and he's come a long way with his weight.

"I first saw him in the All-Star Game and he was wider, but he's slimmed down, gotten into better shape. ... I think we have a lot of respect for each other, knowing we're like dinosaurs in the NBA. There's not a lot of us."

Howard told the Daily News that he is even willing to work with Bynum on getting stronger this summer.

"He wants to get a little toned up, and I've got some workout regimens for him," Howard said.

This is what I like to see, you can battle, fight, and hate a player on the court, but off the court there's no shame in showing respect or friendship to an opponent. Even as a Magic and Dwight fan, I'm also a Bynum fan and I hope he can stay healthy and become a dominant center. True centers are a dying breed in the NBA today, and I would love to see Dwight and Bynum do battle throughout their careers.

Dwight's a classy guy. He's really become one of my favorite ball players... to bad Kobe and Los Lakers are gonna smash his pretty smilein Sunday night.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Stupid move by Orlando to bring back Jameer for the Finals.

Questions are running rampant now for SVG about whether Alston should and will he start...Distrupting this team already.
questions from outsiders yea...but in the magic camp there's no doubt about who the starter is on that team for this series

and jameer is far from the reason as to why they lost.

but i do think playin the whole second quarter was too much...but i have no doubt in my mind that a rusty jameer > anthony johnson. he penetrates and dishesway better than aj.

that butt whoppin was a hard one to take....i just sat in my room, silent, in darkness watching kobe run rampant all over my team.

but i have faith in my boys to revamp and show a better effort and intensity for game two...and in the words of kb24 "you just got to go out there andexecute"
ohwell.gif

To be honest, I really didn't like the media spotlight on Jameer returning. He came out guns blazing, had a few nice assists but he cooled off quick.

SVG was saying in pre-game interviews that he thinks Nelson was rusty and shouldn't just jump right into the rotation. Then we later find out that GM BobVander Weide SUGGESTED that he play in this series. GM and son-in-law to the owner of the team. These front office guys love to get their name in the paperwhen the team is doing well. I think if Vander Weide didn't say anything, SVG wouldn't have felt pressured to play him.

That doesn't mean it's Nelson's fault they got beat by 25pts but..hey, if it's not broken..

Ghenges, my friends and I thought the same thing, pressure from the top bosses probably influenced the decision. Hopefully we see him have less of a role nextgame. I love Jameer and it's great that he's trying to help in the Finals, but the offense just went too slow with him out there, but it wasn't hisfault we couldn't hit shots all game long.

Originally Posted by bigplb78

Hopefully Magic can bounce back from embarassing loss on thurs and get on track, or the series is over imo

If orlando can pull it off sunday, I think they're in very good shape. If so, I think they can come back to LA up 3-2. **crosses fingers**

i say its gonna be a close game on sunday....orlandos gonna shoot lights out...i dont think theyre gonna have a bad game like that again

THe Magic should try to shut down Kobe, because that's damn near impossible, but they can contain them and do what they do best on offense.

Man, this long layoff from Game 1 is making me so antsy. I wish the game were today. But I guess it'll be a treat to watch the Lakers in their Sundaywhites.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Bynum_Andrew_lal.jpg

This is what I like to see, you can battle, fight, and hate a player on the court, but off the court there's no shame in showing respect or friendship to an opponent. Even as a Magic and Dwight fan, I'm also a Bynum fan and I hope he can stay healthy and become a dominant center. True centers are a dying breed in the NBA today, and I would love to see Dwight and Bynum do battle throughout their careers.
Dwight's a classy guy. He's really become one of my favorite ball players... to bad Kobe and Los Lakers are gonna smash his pretty smile in Sunday night.
tongue.gif

What's sad is that we here Shaq dissing Dwight during the Finals
smh.gif

Shaq would never offer to workout with any other center, his Ego is bigger than his shoe size.

DH is a class act.. Dude is just having a good time playing basketball and it shows...

I know we're in the finals against the Magic, but it's hard for me to hate this team...Maybe because there's no real rivalry with them... Hedo, Rashard, CL, Jameer, and DH are all good players that don't show off and act like their %$%!don't think... I'd be rooting for these guys if they weren't going up against the Lake show...

...but if they somehow win this next game, I'm pretty sure that would get the hate started
laugh.gif

If the Lakers continue to defend the 3 point line well, and don't let Howard get easy dunks, it'll be 2-0 going back to Orlando
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom