Official NBA Finals Game 2: 06/07 Orlando Magic @ Los Angeles Lakers 5:00PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by knightngale

I don't think I can hate the magic even if they beat us. They already made my year by humiliating Lebron.
pimp.gif
Your hate is strong!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

As being discussed on another board.

Notice when Gasol sets the screen, Kobe puts his right arm around Gasol, pretty much grabbing his junk. What benefit does it have?

30kzzgi.gif

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Laker fans don't get too happy off one game....
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif

Dere's still 6 games left ta play....
dddac15b94e233533498b55b97df3dfd.gif
Really? God damn educational system these days.
laugh.gif
nah he always does it on purpose . Just ignore him . Dudejust do that to get attention because he doesn't get any outside of NT

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Notice when Gasol sets the screen, Kobe puts his right arm around Gasol, pretty much grabbing his junk. What benefit does it have?

30kzzgi.gif

its like dat?

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Laker fans don't get too happy off one game....
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif

Dere's still 6 games left ta play....
dddac15b94e233533498b55b97df3dfd.gif
Really? God damn educational system these days.
laugh.gif
nah he always does it on purpose . Just ignore him . Dude just do that to get attention because he doesn't get any outside of NT
0606-alston-s.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

maybe it's a signal when to roll on the screen or not?
I'm sure that's what it is, but people (haters) are reaching to find something else to converse about Kobe.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm sure that's what it is, but people (haters) are reaching to find something else to converse about Kobe.

I thinks its more of a way to lock the defender out of the play. By Kobe holding onto Pau's leg you can see Pietrus gets bumped and nearly comes to acomplete stop to end up behind Kobe & out of position.

30kzzgi.gif
looks like he is using the arm to prevent pietrus from going in between gasol and himself

that's a nice screen by gasol
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i say its gonna be a close game on sunday....orlandos gonna shoot lights out...i dont think theyre gonna have a bad game like that again
My thoughts exactly. Orlando def didn't come into game 1 like they deserved to be there. They were like wide-eyed kids amazed to be there anddidn't take care of business. I think Turk is gon step it up. Orlando's back court won't do much cause they aint as agressive as LA's butit's gon be a big man show later on today. Bynum, D12, Gasol, Lewis, Odom. Lookin forward to this
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I thinks its more of a way to lock the defender out of the play. By Kobe holding onto Pau's leg you can see Pietrus gets bumped and nearly comes to a complete stop to end up behind Kobe & out of position.
And they say players these days are not smart
laugh.gif

30kzzgi.gif
When using a screen, you want to go shoulder-to-shoulder with the screener, leaving no room for the defender to slide over the screen.

Pietrus played it well, and probably would've been able to get over and be in relatively good position to redirect Bryant from the middle of the lane. (SeePietrus sticking his right arm between Bryant and Gasol before Bryant gets there, not allowing them to rub shoulders and keeping space for himself)

Bryant putting his arm out (Plus Gasol moving his right foot close to where Bryant's headed) makes Pietrus unable to get over the screen.

amazin detail on the screen, never seen it done before. relly prevents any entry for the defender to squeeze thru, almost like a door hinge.

Let's get it!

Watch Turk and Shard ...i think this is the game where they WILL find their shots..

I like how they're not letting Dwight get an easy and-1 .. Almost like Ron Ron's no layups attitude lol

The first possession with Kobe tells what kind of game his gonna bring.. if they double him early, then best believe he'll be a facilitator throughout thegame

I'm ready!!

pimp.gif

damn, never realized that about the screen before. i'll have to see how often that happens.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

amazin detail on the screen, never seen it done before. relly prevents any entry for the defender to squeeze thru, almost like a door hinge.

never spotted that

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

30kzzgi.gif
When using a screen, you want to go shoulder-to-shoulder with the screener, leaving no room for the defender to slide over the screen.

Pietrus played it well, and probably would've been able to get over and be in relatively good position to redirect Bryant from the middle of the lane. (See Pietrus sticking his right arm between Bryant and Gasol before Bryant gets there, not allowing them to rub shoulders and keeping space for himself)

Bryant putting his arm out (Plus Gasol moving his right foot close to where Bryant's headed) makes Pietrus unable to get over the screen.
that kobe is one sly fox....

If Turk doesn't slash through the lane
If Lewis doesn't take shots
If Dwight doesn't become superman
If Orlando doesn't produce more fast breaks

They have no chance in hell

Back
Top Bottom