Official NBA Live 14 Thread - Official Cover Released , Brief In-Game Footage. Xbox One & PS4

Are you looking Forward to NBA Live 14 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[h1] [/h1][h1] [/h1][h1] [/h1]
NBA Live 14 Features Team Specific Styles, Playbooks, Defenses and Authenticity

bullet.gif
  02:01 PM - June 27, 2013 by Steve_OS

24205.jpg

Earlier today the NBA Live 14  team hosted a Twitter chat  with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher  and Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

It's still too early for the team to show any 5 on 5 gameplay footage, but they plan on showing it off later this summer, along with the full feature set of gameplay modes. 

We didn't expect too much from the chat, but quite a bit of information was revealed. Below are some more relevant details that came from the chat.
  • Team specific playbooks, team specific defenses
  • A.I. will be driven by real world data with CourtQ
  • Shot percentages determined by different contest levels
  • Fatigue will affect player speed and performance
  • Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year
  • The Ignite Engine will improve animation quality, physics and fluidity
  • You can get dunked on and see various animations, none of the animations are canned
  • Full featured title
  • 5 on 5 gameplay will be shown in the summer, along with the full list of game modes
  • Xbox One and PS4 exclusive
  • Crowds will have more animation, logic and Gen 4 graphics for more realism
  • You can block dunks
  • Dunk packages are in
  • Authentic arenas, ESPN TV presentation
  • New locomotion systems results in authentic movement
  • Yes, you will be able to call in-bound plays
  • NBA Live 14 will feature legends
  • There will be all types of put-backs
  • We have the #1 ESPN NBA team, and a surprise coming later
  • Sliders are in
  • 40 players with signature moves, plus packages (Melo confirmed)
  • Authenticity is the biggest emphasis on the game, along with everything at the team level - i.e. styles of play, coaches etc.

Lol, I remember back around 06-07 NT was split 50/50 between 2k and Live. Now it's no contest :lol:

I used to be a Live fan too back in the day, but then I realized that being a live fan is like settling for a Civic when you can get a Lambo for the same price. Hop on that 2K gang yo
theres just something live had that 2k doesn't for me, guess its just personal preference

Was actually thinking about making this thread, since someone already started the 2k14 thread.

I really want Live 14 to be successful. EA was on the cusp on something great with Live 10 (which was a very solid game), but they went and ****** all of that up with the NBA Elite fiasco the last few years.

I hope EA can recapture some of the good elements of Live 10 and incorporate it into Live 14, but given their track recent track record I'm keeping my expectations low and expecting the worse until they show me otherwise.

Havent played Live since they introduced the dunk contest in 2005 with Carmelo on the cover. Since then I have been all 2k as far as NBA games. Looking forward to the return of Live

you dont know how to use it if you say it sux , if your going to say the nba live right joystick dribbling was better than 2k13 than you didnt play that live niether i promise i been played nba games since nba shootout 98 and 2k13 isnt perfect but its the closest to anything thats ever dropped i cant wait for the ps4 stuff tho...

Last edited:
nba live crossover system > 2ks

2ks depends too much on the camera angle

Some of y'all must be noobs. On 2K you can change all analog stick actions from Camera Relative to Absolute. Go to Settings> My Controller> Controller Settings.

Last edited:
Took me a while to get used to 2k. Had to cut off live after 06. BUT I did play live since 95. So excited to see what live has to offer. The last best live was 04 with VC on the cover

But they need to so something about physics. Deandre Jordan lookin like he eatin with rajon rondo and Kevin Durant.

Last edited:
live 10 was the truth. can't believe they couldnt keep it going....i really hope EA fixes this mess they've made

as someone said , a bunch of noob players trying to down talk 2k , yall prolly never ran a play in the game or play with anyone but melo or lebron

The Science of bounceTek
By EA SPORTS Jul 17, 2013

nba-live-14-bouncetek-feature-header_656x369.jpg

THE ISSUE

As heard at E3  from Cleveland Cavaliers PG Kyrie Irving and NBA LIVE 14 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, dribbling is the most important fundamental skill in the game of basketball. Basketball gamers spend about 50 percent of their playtime dribbling the ball, but despite that stat, dribbling had been one of the most underdeveloped mechanics in every basketball game to date. That had to change.

The basketball genre has been hampered by a dribbling mechanic that has the following flaws:

- The ball can be stuck to the player's hands, as seen in the video above

- The ball magically floats into the player's hands, bouncing in mid-air

- Players change direction without an animation

- Players get stuck between animations

While some of these issues may seem cosmetic, they speak to the deeper flaws of the genre. Authenticity is huge in our games. Players expect our game to look, feel and respond like it does in real life. With our old technology, that could not be achieved.

Gary Paterson is the Senior Creative Director for NBA LIVE 14, which releases later this year on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Gary joined the FIFA team in 2006, and he was instrumental in creating an all-new dribbling mechanic that gave players freedom on the pitch, as well as working on the introduction of 360-degree dribbling. Gary joins the NBA LIVE team with plans to revolutionize the game's dribbling control in the same way.

WHAT WE'RE DOING

The goal of bounceTek is to completely separate the ball from the animation in order to create a physics-driven dribbling mechanic where the ball is under the same physical forces seen in the NBA. This mechanic will result in authentic responsiveness as opposed to rigged animations.

As you can see in the footage above, red lines will appear to show the ball when it's under the effect of physics. The red cages are called contact cages. If the ball passes through the cage, then the player is able to touch it. The third set of lines is called the player warp track, which allows us to control an animation so that the player is fluid and able to turn in any direction. By taking a look under the hood of NBA LIVE 14, you can see that the physics are not being faked.

HOW THIS HELPS THE GAMER

As stated earlier, our fans require authenticity from EA SPORTS. Everything from the look, feel and responsiveness in our titles. bounceTek will take all of these elements to the next level.

- The dev team recaptured all of our dribble animations in order to give players the responsiveness they were looking for.

- Our technology allows us to ensure that movement is as fluid as it should be in order to deliver authentic gameplay.

- Our dribbling has something called "Authentic Responsiveness," which means the ball is controllable when it touches the player’s hands,

ensuring that control is responsive when it should be and unresponsive when it should be. While that sounds counterintuitive, it's important to create the depth required in a top-notch dribbling system.

- Depth is created through decision-making and risk-reward options that forces users to think about what they want to do with the ball in their hands.

Dribbling has been stagnant in basketball video games for far too long. In NBA LIVE 14, that's changing with the all-new bounceTek dribble system.

NBA LIVE 14 will be available later this year for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Preorder today, and be sure to check the NBA LIVE website, Facebookand Twitter  for updates throughout the summer.

Back
Top Bottom