Official NBA Swingman Jersey Thread! Show your collections, legit checks are welcome!

Well guys, got a little territorial over in the Authentic NBA Jersey thread, so if most of you guys are like me, and the Swingman jersey is a little more cost effective for your collections, and much easier to come across that the REAL DEAL Authentics...then this is the spot for you. Legit checks are welcome since I figure we can all share our thoughts and idea's in the same spot as displaying the jerseys! If you guys have anything to add, or think I've missed something let me know!! Enjoy!! :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
What's the point?Just use the established NBA jersey thread.I have nothing against the swingman/replica jerseys.

What's the point?Just use the established NBA jersey thread.I have nothing against the swingman/replica jerseys.

While I do agree with you...dudes in the established thread kept throwing out "this is the AUTHENTIC NBA jersey thread" ok, so I figured I'd start the Swingman. You like it, great check this out and the other thread as well, no big deal, just giving guys the option. Just didn't want to keep posting in the other thread and get cats knickers in a twist :tongue:

Nice collection, man. I'm a big fan of the Floridian jerseys.

Thanks fam! Too bad they didn't do them again this year, or even do some Authentic ones. Got stuck in Fla. for Hurricane Sandy so we decided to hit up the Heat home opener against the Celtics. The team store was awesome and the amount of jersey's were insane. The authentics are great, but for $275... :smh:

While I do agree with you...dudes in the established thread kept throwing out "this is the AUTHENTIC NBA jersey thread" ok, so I figured I'd start the Swingman. You like it, great check this out and the other thread as well, no big deal, just giving guys the option. Just didn't want to keep posting in the other thread and get cats knickers in a twist :tongue:
Some of them are just being jerks.

Thanks fam! Too bad they didn't do them again this year, or even do some Authentic ones. Got stuck in Fla. for Hurricane Sandy so we decided to hit up the Heat home opener against the Celtics. The team store was awesome and the amount of jersey's were insane. The authentics are great, but for $275... :smh:
I love the '90s throwbacks they're wearing this season--wish they had options other than the Big 3, though.

I'll try to contribute more to this thread in the coming days, but a few of my favourite Swingmans are on the right side of each photo:

View media item 293663View media item 293664

Last edited:
I love the '90s throwbacks they're wearing this season--wish they had options other than the Big 3, though.

I'll try to contribute more to this thread in the coming days

Thanks fam!

As far as the Heat throwbacks this year, I agree. I already have a bunch of the red Heat jersey's as it is so I'm passing on those, but if you hit up the Miami Heat store from their NBA.com page, they also have a Tim Hardaway throwback available. Not anything amazing, but it's better than nothing, AND it IS Hardaway. Too bad no Mourning or anything like that.

And those are some sick pics up top as well. :smokin

EDIT: Here's the link for the Hardaway, unfortunately only XL left in stock, but I've ordered from them tons of times and they routinely get restocks all the time, especially on the popular stuff. http://www.themiamiheatstore.com/ad...dult-Swingman-Jersey/PACIIDBEOPIMMJLC/Product

Last edited:
this thread has me second guessing my choice to not purchase the d-wade heat swingman i saw at my local Gabriel Bros for like $15. :smh:

I hate being the one who has to break it to you, but that Kemp is fake.

Lol I broke it to myself when I opened the mail today. Got it from an eBay auction. Pic seemed a little different than what I got. Opened it up and immediately knew it was fake. Then I checked the auction. No mention of authenticity or anything, so figure I'll keep it. Decent Kemp jersey's are hard to come by anyway so until I can find something better this will do. Looks good with the Kamikaze's so I figured I would put it up anyway, but I do have a distaste for fake jersey's most of the time lol. I got took on this one so just take the L I suppose. On a better note, Fans Edge has a pre order up for the early to mid 90's Kemp and Payton Throwbacks from Adidas. The page says they are supposed to drop in April. :smokin

Last edited:
nice thread you got going here...i buy swingmans in the new rev 30 style because spending $300 on those new authentics is insane. i like the Flordian jerseys...i'd wear them even though I'm a bulls fan and hate the heat lol. i'll post some later. those Jordan's skyrocketed after all that 50th b-day hype....i saw a throwback in a medium size that came off(it was used) at 127!

dc can i get back pics of the red lebron alternate? i always wanted the rev30 authentic, but i seen pics and font was incorrect...just wanna see if a swingman will suffice

dc can i get back pics of the red lebron alternate? i always wanted the rev30 authentic, but i seen pics and font was incorrect...just wanna see if a swingman will suffice

Indeed sir! Will post them a little bit later this afternoon. But you're saying the authentic one using wrong font? Interesting

Lol I broke it to myself when I opened the mail today. Got it from an eBay auction. Pic seemed a little different than what I got. Opened it up and immediately knew it was fake. Then I checked the auction. No mention of authenticity or anything, so figure I'll keep it. Decent Kemp jersey's are hard to come by anyway so until I can find something better this will do. Looks good with the Kamikaze's so I figured I would put it up anyway, but I do have a distaste for fake jersey's most of the time lol. I got took on this one so just take the L I suppose. On a better note, Fans Edge has a pre order up for the early to mid 90's Kemp and Payton Throwbacks from Adidas. The page says they are supposed to drop in April.
smokin.gif
what ebay seller sold it to you. Pretty sure i got got as well, kemp jersey i got off ebay looks just like that. Now I'm very sad 
ohwell.gif
  But all in all its still a very good looking jersey. Like you said I'm still gonna rock it just a little mad i got taken. Seller i bought from was dand11. Has 100% feedback with over 200 buyers. 

what ebay seller sold it to you. Pretty sure i got got as well, kemp jersey i got off ebay looks just like that. Now I'm very sad 
ohwell.gif

But all in all its still a very good looking jersey. Like you said I'm still gonna rock it just a little mad i got taken. Seller i bought from was dand11. Has 100% feedback with over 200 buyers. 

No shawn kemp sonic jersey has ever released other than the Champion ones from the 90s. so if you have anything other than a Champion then its fake. Adidas is releasing a Soul Swingman version of the old school early 90s Sonics jersey of Kemp/Payton and that will be the first time anyone has released a sewn version of a Kemp Sonics jersey.

ohwell.gif

No shawn kemp sonic jersey has ever released other than the Champion ones from the 90s. so if you have anything other than a Champion then its fake. Adidas is releasing a Soul Swingman version of the old school early 90s Sonics jersey of Kemp/Payton and that will be the first time anyone has released a sewn version of a Kemp Sonics jersey.
Not completely correct. There is the M&N (that rman mentioned), and adidas released this blunder a couple years ago:

View media item 296569

^^^^^^ horrible. Blazers you got anymore collection picks !!!!!!!! And yes I'm beasting 
laugh.gif

Not completely correct. There is the M&N (that rman mentioned), and adidas released this blunder a couple years ago:

View media item 296569

honestly who would wear that? that thing is terrible looking. the fakes look better than that and i dont count the M&N in the swingman game thats why i didnt mention it. Also, still dont see the point in two thread but to each their own. :\

Last edited:
ohwell.gif

It wasn't him, but I was watching that auction and now looking back at the old auction it's exactly the same jersey. My seller was famous_incogneto, 1060 feedbacks also 100%. Worst thing in the world? No...mad I got took? Yeah...is what it is at this point. Some of the stuff is so hard to come by though.

In hindsight I should have known better, but just not a fan of the Champion jersey's after having such a large Swingman and a few Nike Authentics (the 2012 USA Authentics). But when searching eBay I think I saw one other Sonics Kemp from the same era logo from "Nike" the absence of Nike or anyone else besides Champion should have been a red flag. Oh well. I would have taken the blunder over the fake one though I can say that... But I am looking forward to the upcoming releases...for anyone interested...
http://www.fansedge.com/Seattle-Sonics-Jerseys-_-1796771985_PG.html?search=supersonics&searchType=3

^^^^^^^^ thanks for the info this will definitely help me in my search for a kemp sonics jersey specifically the finals jersey. Think i may just bite the bullet and order the mitchell and ness one at least i know its authentic. Gonna have to quit being cheap and shell out the 300.   They have Kemp, Payton and Schrempf.        http://www.mitchellandness.com/Departments/NBA/Seattle-SuperSonics/Jerseys.aspx

Blazer, or anyone with a bit more knowledge...any advice or opinions ya'll can offer on these Mitchell & Ness joints? I like this design most.
View media item 296750

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom