Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I was meaning to post this sooner but I follow New Balance athlete Emma Coburn on instagram and she posted the other day about a promo code. "FriendsofEmma" is good for 15% off on NewBalance.com. Looks like it is good for NB1 as well.

repped, just ordered some custom 998s for $178 shipped

What are my odds of finding a pair of 998gy and 998gbs? The designs are simple which is why i like them, they are old and i got into it too late.
I think someone in this thread was selling gbs. And I'm assuming gy is the grey/yellow? I've personally never seen them for sale. 

I think someone in this thread was selling gbs. And I'm assuming gy is the grey/yellow? I've personally never seen them for sale. 

Yea gbs in a 9.5 or 10 is what im lookin for. The gy may be a lost cause because theees very few on foot photos on google for them. They are real nice but maybe there was never a general release just a few pairs out there. Pys.com had em listed on the site so i figured maybe some places got em.

I was meaning to post this sooner but I follow New Balance athlete Emma Coburn on instagram and she posted the other day about a promo code. "FriendsofEmma" is good for 15% off on NewBalance.com. Looks like it is good for NB1 as well.

Repped!!!! Just ordered a custom for $169.99 shipped! Patience saves pockets!

These are now on their way for $180 shipped. Shoutout cbrooks3 cbrooks3 for the heads up on the code :pimp:

Now I need to pick up some black mesh dye for the heel portion

Repped, you're making it incredibly difficult not to make a purchase.

So here is the IG post. "FRIENDSOFEMMA" good for 15% off. Works on NB1 as well. I just had to go ahead and order these.

Go ahead and get your orders in. Should be good for another 5 days or so.

Da Fuc? How'd I miss this release lol def getting one of these to wear, the Zante is one of the comfiest running shoes out there. Not seeing the last CW photo'd though I assume its in the works? It seems weird they would drop a "sweatshirt" themed shoe in late spring/summer when its already hot as hell here in certain parts of the US. Wonder how they feel on foot cause it reaches 96 here in GA and having a swamp in your shoe is no good. 

Da Fuc? How'd I miss this release lol def getting one of these to wear, the Zante is one of the comfiest running shoes out there. Not seeing the last CW photo'd though I assume its in the works? It seems weird they would drop a "sweatshirt" themed shoe in late spring/summer when its already hot as hell here in certain parts of the US. Wonder how they feel on foot cause it reaches 96 here in GA and having a swamp in your shoe is no good. 
http://www.newbalance.com/pd/fresh-...l?dwvar_ML1980-L_color=Navy#color=Tan&width=D

leather link.

I've never heard of zante, how is it compared to roshes, flyknits, pureboost, ultraboost?

@cbrooks3  Dam you for pushing me off the edge and into the dark side. $162 shipped after ebates 5% on top of the 15% off code for the mesh option 998. 

Wallet right now - 
frown.gif

damn these are 110$ for me after taxes and with that coupon from instagram

http://www.newbalance.com/pd/fresh-...l?dwvar_ML1980-L_color=Navy#color=Tan&width=D

leather link.

I've never heard of zante, how is it compared to roshes, flyknits, pureboost, ultraboost?
In terms of performance in running it holds its on with the flyknit, boost. More cushioned than flyknit but still same snug fit without the tightness in the toes you feel with the 4.0s. Not as bouncy as the boost but def has better feel in the forefoot and toe spring compared to the narrow ultraboost. In regard to streetwear/aesthetics I still would choose Roshes and ultraboost over Zantes but just because those two are more made for casual wear and Fresh Foam was designed with lightweight performance and speed in mind. 

In terms of performance in running it holds its on with the flyknit, boost. More cushioned than flyknit but still same snug fit without the tightness in the toes you feel with the 4.0s. Not as bouncy as the boost but def has better feel in the forefoot and toe spring compared to the narrow ultraboost. In regard to streetwear/aesthetics I still would choose Roshes and ultraboost over Zantes but just because those two are more made for casual wear and Fresh Foam was designed with lightweight performance and speed in mind. 
that's kind of disappointing, though I just plan on using these for walking around the mall and hanging out. Definitely want more on feet shots before I purchase though, let me know if you purchase.

Hey guys, I'd like to ask if 997s are true to size? According to the "Fittingroom" app, I run a size 7 on 997s based on my size 8 Asics GL3s. Sadly, I couldn't find a physical pair to try on (most stores I've been to don't carry my size), and I was thinking of buying 997 "luxury goods" online but am a bit hesitant since I don't want to go through all the trouble of returns blablabla. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Aw crap - 'FriendsofEmma' code not working on newbalance.ca -- loaded up my cart too. Ugh.  Thanks for the share.

BTW - I just noticed sz 13 998 customs are available in mesh for both .ca and .com site -- not sure why no size 13 for perf. suede.

Finally - LPU: Social Status 1600SS

My 1st 1600 and it's been a while since I've had a new made in Asia NB - no brainer for $114 CAD + tax from Haven.

Really surprised by the quality on these -- the suede doesn't compare to MiUSA NBs (obviously) it's shorter and less plush, but decent.  But the leather is pretty good - didn't even realize it was completely lined in leather and the slight 'elephant' debossing on the nubuck until I got them in hand.  Definitely recommended if you can score on discount.

Last edited:
To all those already received their 998nb1: did you go tts to your normal 998 size or would you recommend even go down .5 from your normal 998 size? Thinking about ordering my second pair of nb1 thanks to the code without even havinghaving my first pair at hands...

To all those already received their 998nb1: did you go tts to your normal 998 size or would you recommend even go down .5 from your normal 998 size? Thinking about ordering my second pair of nb1 thanks to the code without even havinghaving my first pair at hands...
I used to think that my normal 998 size (US 8) was half down from my Nike Flyknit/Roshe/GL3/GLV size (US 8.5), but i went a full size down on my NB1s (US 7.5) and they fit almost perfect. Maybe 1 or 2 centimetres shorter than i'd like, but comfortable nonetheless. I have very narrow feet btw. Judging by the other GR 998s i have i don't think there's a difference in sizing.

I used to think that my normal 998 size (US 8) was half down from my Nike Flyknit/Roshe/GL3/GLV size (US 8.5), but i went a full size down on my NB1s (US 7.5) and they fit almost perfect. Maybe 1 or 2 centimetres shorter than i'd like, but comfortable nonetheless. I have very narrow feet btw. Judging by the other GR 998s i have i don't think there's a difference in sizing.

Thanks! So I'll stick to my 8.5 then. Ordered my first nb1 in that size as well, so I should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom