Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Happy Independence Day folks!

What's a good suede cleaner besides sneakerser? I have a small glue stain on my luxury goods and the eraser doesn't work

that's pretty dope, what up ronnie fieg! Didn't know you go around this forum. Ronnie Fieg x New Balance Fresh Foam Zante? hhaha, which version do you have I would love a on feet shot with denim if possible, thanks bro.

:lol:

So just tried on the GY2s and I'd agree with what someone said earlier, seems like they look a break on the quality and shape. My left shoe was all messed up and dented around the toe area where it meets the sole in like 3-4 different places and the overall shape looked noticeably different than the right. It was the last pair in my size.

The Rockabilly 997s however looked absolutely amazing. Going back for those probably Monday or I might try to get them from another shop if they don't have my size but those looked like they were made in a completely different factory.

So just tried on the GY2s and I'd agree with what someone said earlier, seems like they look a break on the quality and shape. My left shoe was all messed up and dented around the toe area where it meets the sole in like 3-4 different places and the overall shape looked noticeably different than the right. It was the last pair in my size.

The Rockabilly 997s however looked absolutely amazing. Going back for those probably Monday or I might try to get them from another shop if they don't have my size but those looked like they were made in a completely different factory.
Yup, relatively serious toe crease in my right shoe too.  Pisses me off how inconsistent these shoe manufacturers are.

Leave some shoe trees in them overnight if you have them, might help out the dents.

Last edited:
Yup, relatively serious toe crease in my right shoe too.  Pisses me off how inconsistent these shoe manufacturers are.

Leave some shoe trees in them overnight if you have them, might help out the dents.

Thanks I passed on them though. Aside from the shape and all, the sales guy was just kind of a smug d-bag. He was just irritating me. If it wasn't for that I would have just bought the Rockabilly pair on the spot. I couldn't stand the thought of giving him a commission.

So I'm checking out those 1500 flying the flag. Do you guys go half a size down from your true size for Made in England 1500s? My true size would be 8.5 (997/998) as measured by the Braddock scale. I can fit a 9 in 997/998, but there is like 1-2 cm of extra room. My 8.5 998s were a lil snug at first, but felt perfect after 2-4 wears. For reference I'm a 9 in Asics GLIII/GLV and wear 9.5 in Nike SB/Dunk/AF1/AM90s.

So I'm checking out those 1500 flying the flag. Do you guys go half a size down from your true size for Made in England 1500s? My true size would be 8.5 (997/998) as measured by the Braddock scale. I can fit a 9 in 997/998, but there is like 1-2 cm of extra room. My 8.5 998s were a lil snug at first, but felt perfect after 2-4 wears. For reference I'm a 9 in Asics GLIII/GLV and wear 9.5 in Nike SB/Dunk/AF1/AM90s.

8 for snug fit and 8.5 for a little room

Can't remember if it was discussed here.....the initial 997GY retro was put together by the top 20 USA stitchers. NB put a lot of time and effort into the construction. That first batch from early 2014 was pretty much unmatched (for an already tip top made in USA line). I haven't seen the GY2 in person and I'd be surprised if the quality is as bad as discussed but the first GY retro was flawless on my pairs.

Back
Top Bottom