Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

1500NAVs today:

Can't remember if it was discussed here.....the initial 997GY retro was put together by the top 20 USA stitchers. NB put a lot of time and effort into the construction. That first batch from early 2014 was pretty much unmatched (for an already tip top made in USA line). I haven't seen the GY2 in person and I'd be surprised if the quality is as bad as discussed but the first GY retro was flawless on my pairs.
Excellent info! Quality isnt overly bad on the GY2 but in comparison to the GY it is obviously worse.  But as you say the GY are basically flawless so anything less will always stand out.

Excellent info! Quality isnt overly bad on the GY2 but in comparison to the GY it is obviously worse.  But as you say the GY are basically flawless so anything less will always stand out.
Bottom line is NB quality and shape is lacking lately on all models

Nah these I tried on in store were pretty bad. Seemed like just the one pair. Could have gone the half size up and checked the other pair for quality and also could have got the other 997s instead. The salesperson was pissing me off on top of the fact that the pair was bad.

But yes, it seems their quality control has gotten worse with them dropping so much stuff now. I just don't think they can keep up. I never got my customs fixed and 2 different times they told me they were sending a return shipping label within 1-2 days and both times I got nothing. Really poor customer service IMO

Bottom line is NB quality and shape is lacking lately on all models
Guitar Pack 998/997 & Flying the Flag pack are some of the best quality domestic mades that have been out in awhile. 

Nah these I tried on in store were pretty bad. Seemed like just the one pair. Could have gone the half size up and checked the other pair for quality and also could have got the other 997s instead. The salesperson was pissing me off on top of the fact that the pair was bad.

But yes, it seems their quality control has gotten worse with them dropping so much stuff now. I just don't think they can keep up. I never got my customs fixed and 2 different times they told me they were sending a return shipping label within 1-2 days and both times I got nothing. Really poor customer service IMO
MIne went to my promotions tab if you use gmail.....

MIne went to my promotions tab if you use gmail.....

Thanks I checked everywhere though and got nothing. Sent them an email just explaining the situation and telling them I was planning on doing at least 2 more customs but that this experience ruined it for me so I'll just keep the pair they sent with their mistake. I doubt I'll get a response but who knows...

Thanks I checked everywhere though and got nothing. Sent them an email just explaining the situation and telling them I was planning on doing at least 2 more customs but that this experience ruined it for me so I'll just keep the pair they sent with their mistake. I doubt I'll get a response but who knows...
I ordered a pair. When I try to check the status of my order it says no results found lol. 

Office lighting may be too bright for the 'dragonfly' color to show...

But you get the idea and the inspiration. I'll post more pics later.

Happy to finally share My NB1 998 'Miami Nights'

p.s.

The stitching on the tongue isn't as bright & red as they previewed on the site,

but the front 3M is brighter than expected.

Im gonna have to agree with below average NB quality lately... particularly the mesh on the 998... the mesh they use on it has lines that run laterally... if it doesnt run perfectly straight across, it stands out and looks really stupid... the mesh on some of the 997 doesnt have this problem because it uses a grid pattern small enough that any imperfection will almost be unnoticeable...

NB should use the smaller grid pattern for the mesh on the 998 IMO

Yeah just one subtle color to those like the N outline and the embroidery on the tongue. Maybe the same color on the lining or not but 1 hit of light color would set these off.

996 cps on sale for £71.75 at the UK store urbanindustry free shipping available in the UK as well fill your boots fam

guys I need help with a Titolo purchase, anyone know how good their shipping and service is?

Also If i find a better deal on another website how easy is it to cancel the purchase?

Back
Top Bottom