Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Oh Gap...

how do they fit relative to your 997,988 size?

Touch more roomy than a 997 which I find snug at the forefoot about the same as a 998 I stay at 10 for all my NB and never mind a little wiggle roomdefinitely would say to go with your 'normal' NB size.

Oh Gap...
i noticed unbranded 999's from forever21 a while back (looked real clean lol).  then i noticed the other unbranded am1's, stan smiths, chucks, etc. from these companies' stock photos.  so i think these companies have some type of deal with the shoemakers.

i noticed unbranded 999's from forever21 a while back (looked real clean lol).  then i noticed the other unbranded am1's, stan smiths, chucks, etc. from these companies' stock photos.  so i think these companies have some type of deal with the shoemakers.
Pretty sure if its unbranded they don't have a deal...

out of curiosity why that model (if you haven't already explained in the past)? since most say 997>998>1500>
i like it cuz its the most comfortable for me, plus the fact that it was an OG NB1 that i can do to my liking, plus i dig non hype silhouettes that have the real "old man" style to em. esp in the upper 900 series, i got really into the 997s when they started coming out double and triple ups but they just started rushing the colorways and boring me. But in reality it all goes back to comfort, 993 imo trumps 997, 998 and 1500 

For my OG NB heads, what can I do to transform my toxbox area to become more pointy on the 998? ​
 ​
ironing with a damp cloth seems to be the wave for this, ive never done it, ive seen too many mixed results to try it myself 

Last edited:
For my OG NB heads, what can I do to transform my toxbox area to become more pointy on the 998? ​

Here's a 998 he did. Top is out of the box no reshape, middle is reshaped but no shoe tree and last is reshaped with a shoe tree.

ironing with a damp cloth seems to be the wave for this, ive never done it, ive seen too many mixed results to try it myself 
Yeah mane idk about putting damp cloth on suede with an iron, kind of sketched out about that..
This dude on IG has a great method that I've done on some suede toebox nb1s and regular grs. Results can be pretty sick if you put a little work into it.
http://www.sneakersjeansandtees.com...anneling-the-classic-new-balance-998.html?m=1
Word! Repped. Will check this out & see what's up.

Last edited:
Yeah mane idk about putting damp cloth on suede with an iron, kind of sketched out about that..

Word! Repped. Will check this out & see what's up.
Yea skip that iron stuff, I did the reshape like sneakerjeanst does to a couple of my pairs, it's easy and turns out really well.

I suggest everyone check that out

Whoa those look crazy good :nthat:

just figured I would share 2 dudes in my sneaker group that just got their awesome NB1's in::

I follow both of these dudes on IG haha
The second one is mjacks right? He seems to have a pretty ridiculous collection

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom