Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I am still on the hunt for a pair in my size. I havent heard or read anything official but I still prefer the shoes without the 1500 branding. I agree with what folks have said, most likely a QC issue....

Also, just saw your comment on the RF thread. LOL.
Yeah at first I saw the 1500's with the branding and I was like where is mine?!? The more I looked at those with the branding and mine, and then when I finally wore mine, I appreciated not having the branding. Good luck with the hunt for the 1500's homie! 
nerd.gif
 ​
As far as the RF Collab thread... Some of the folks mane.... cough* cough** @drwalk10  and etc. be straight up grimey!​
 ​
No intention on wearing them. Just there for the hype and resell aspect of the project.. ​

Last edited:
cns ended up in outlets? i didnt know that. thats probably one of my favorite shoes. its a simple colorway that i can wear with anything. most worn nb for sure.
Yep you can see them up for sale on Ebay sellers asking $240+ for factory seconds

RE: Premier 998.....SO DOPE!! I love mine and want to double up(I had a trips but lost my job and had to get liquid) one of the best collabs in recent memory IMO

RE Kith 997.5? Are you kidding me? $240 plus shipping for those? Where or How are those worth that price? IMO totally lacking in imagination and not worth the price. I do like the box but 5 sets of laces are not worth another $40

I am not sure why there is so much shock when it comes to the retail price on these. New Balance's GR's routinely hover anywhere between $180-$260 based on the materials used- just go to their website and you'll see this to be true. It just so happens that most of them end up on sale and we're fortunate enough to cop them wayyyy below retail. Perhaps we are spoiled?

These are all pigskin suede with a leather liner and they're made in the U.S.A so you know you're gonna be expected to drop some cash. Is the price steep? Sure. But you know you're paying for quality. And I'm not convinced that Kith/Ronnie Fieg are the ones to blame- most likely the higher-ups at New Balance are the ones pushing the price point and will cite costs such as materials used, manufacturing costs, etc.

I remember when each of the Concepts 997s released- each of those all went for over $200+ with the most recent NYC 997s retailing for $240. People seemed okay with paying $200+ for pink, orange and teal sneakers, lol. Do people just like hating on Ronnie?

I think Fieg is kind of nuts celling boxes of cereal for $20 and hoodies with Cap'n Effing Crunch on 'em for $140 but the dude still has design chops and in my opinion I really am digging these kicks. Add the fact that these shoes are coming with all sorts of extras (waxed laces, special boxes, custom Stance socks) and it seems to me the price is justified for a collab. To each his own, though.

Just decided i need the surplus 1500. Where can I snag a sz 9? Nowhere right? Not paying USA retail
I'd keep an eye out for New Balance's website... they've been restocking random sizes in the 1500SP. 9.5, 11 and 13 were available all weekend although I saw them get snatched up. I'm sure dudes were taking advantage of the 15% off + free shipping deal they had going.

Also, I had a chance to talk with one of the employees at the New Balance flagship store in Boston and said that whatever they end up not selling in the next month they will end up back at NB warehouses where the company decides what to do with them. Sometimes they send 'em to other retail stores but they also end up putting some back up online. I wouldn't be surprised if we see random restocks back up online of random sizes of the surplus pack.

Hating on RF is a bit of a sport to alot of folks. The price is high but fine. Made in USA 997.5 is not going to be $150. I mean what price were people expecting? Serious question.

Dope 1500's pickup! 
pimp.gif
 ​
Did anybody ever find out the story on why some of the 1500's SP have the 1500 decal and some others do not?​
I have 1500 branding on my size 11.5 from NB in NY, but no 1500 branding on a size 12 from End. Kinda weird. But, I did not find any size 11.5US on UK sites, so its possibly that maybe they made a smaller run and something changed....I have no idea. I'll try to upload pics when I get home

I am not sure why there is so much shock when it comes to the retail price on these. New Balance's GR's routinely hover anywhere between $180-$260 based on the materials used- just go to their website and you'll see this to be true. It just so happens that most of them end up on sale and we're fortunate enough to cop them wayyyy below retail. Perhaps we are spoiled?

These are all pigskin suede with a leather liner and they're made in the U.S.A so you know you're gonna be expected to drop some cash. Is the price steep? Sure. But you know you're paying for quality. And I'm not convinced that Kith/Ronnie Fieg are the ones to blame- most likely the higher-ups at New Balance are the ones pushing the price point and will cite costs such as materials used, manufacturing costs, etc.

I remember when each of the Concepts 997s released- each of those all went for over $200+ with the most recent NYC 997s retailing for $240. People seemed okay with paying $200+ for pink, orange and teal sneakers, lol. Do people just like hating on Ronnie?

I think Fieg is kind of nuts celling boxes of cereal for $20 and hoodies with Cap'n Effing Crunch on 'em for $140 but the dude still has design chops and in my opinion I really am digging these kicks. Add the fact that these shoes are coming with all sorts of extras (waxed laces, special boxes, custom Stance socks) and it seems to me the price is justified for a collab. To each his own, though.
Hating on RF is a bit of a sport to alot of folks. The price is high but fine. Made in USA 997.5 is not going to be $150. I mean what price were people expecting? Serious question.
Ya'll answered the question for the "anti cop" faction. The first being that the design is boring. The story behind them is sort of boring. The most interesting thing about them is the box and what color laces come with the shoes? LOL! Seriously using somthing as inspirational as the ocean in the tropics and this is what he came up with? One solid color(again sort of a boring color) with no other hits of color other than the two Ns? I do like the idea of the medial and lateral sides having diffrent colors. But come on man how about the stitching on the toung and heal tab? or a 3M hit? SOMETHING? Even the CNS had the color fade from dusk to night. Like it or not his past work will always be compared to his newest and this falls flat and that has been the knock on RF for quite some time. His stuff is getting a bit stale and this design just backs that feeling up. I liked the CNS and need a size 8 hahahahah...If he went with a different base color, same design, same materials, ect, just a different main color(like the color of the Ns) it would be a huge hit or even just a few more color hits.

The second being the price is way out of line. How much more is RF's name worth?  is $30-$40+ MORE ? These are the same quality materials as the last concepts 997/998 City pack and use the same quality materials as the Luxury Goods 997 but is $30+ more?

I just don't see it mang...if you scooped a pair werd up and right on...I just doubled up on the END 575s...wanted that special box :smile:

• fancy box
  • Bunch of laces
  • socks
  • leather liner
  • $20+ collab price premium
Retail for a 997.5 is $200-215 from what I've seen, depending on the retailer.  My CNS came with some laces and no fancy box or socks..and those were $240

That said, i'm skipping these.  I don't care if they net me a raffle/pre-buy for Mossads and STs...the blocking is pretty boring.  Like the other poster said. i'd expect a LITTLE bit more in terms of extra details in the colorway to make it stand out from every other navy shoe I have.  My 990NV2 is better than these. 

A lot of rambling in here. If you don't like them, don't kop. The price ain't nothing new, and he usually drops two pairs of NB's. One pair mad subdued and the other a little loud. When those drop no one will complain about the price and buy them. Cant please everyone, but people will spend an arm & a leg on some Norse Projects 670 or Salmon soles.

Some pics for those who don't want to click on the link above...
To me, these are cns 2.0. 

same materials with updated color blocking and a pair of socks. 

same price point. 

instacop cause it's dope af and i missed out on norse/salmon toes. 

Last edited:
To me, these are cns 2.0. 
same materials with updated color blocking and a pair of socks. 
same price point. 
instacop cause it's dope af

I didn't see anything about socks but obviously that's not a deciding factor for me. The colorway is boring but that's usually what I'm into nowadays; a tonal shoe with a hint of color and that's what these are. Only reason I'm not copping is because after seeing those NB1 on the other page I decided I must order a pair and will probably be happier with those than the RF.

Ya'll answered the question for the "anti cop" faction. The first being that the design is boring. The story behind them is sort of boring. The most interesting thing about them is the box and what color laces come with the shoes? LOL! Seriously using somthing as inspirational as the ocean in the tropics and this is what he came up with? One solid color(again sort of a boring color) with no other hits of color other than the two Ns? I do like the idea of the medial and lateral sides having diffrent colors. But come on man how about the stitching on the toung and heal tab? or a 3M hit? SOMETHING? Even the CNS had the color fade from dusk to night. Like it or not his past work will always be compared to his newest and this falls flat and that has been the knock on RF for quite some time. His stuff is getting a bit stale and this design just backs that feeling up. I liked the CNS and need a size 8 hahahahah...If he went with a different base color, same design, same materials, ect, just a different main color(like the color of the Ns) it would be a huge hit or even just a few more color hits.

The second being the price is way out of line. How much more is RF's name worth?  is $30-$40+ MORE ? These are the same quality materials as the last concepts 997/998 City pack and use the same quality materials as the Luxury Goods 997 but is $30+ more?

I just don't see it mang...if you scooped a pair werd up and right on...I just doubled up on the END 575s...wanted that special box :smile:
I think you missed the point of my post. What I was trying to communicate was that the pricing for these is standard for New Balance models in general. The price being $240 has less to do with Ronnie's name than you'd think. New Balance GR's retail routinely for well over $240 so the price point shouldn't be shocking at all. You mention the Concepts models but need to remember that the Lux Goods 997s were $215 retail and that the NYC 997s were $240 as well. New Balances lifestyle models in general are expensive as hell because they use great materials and they're made in the US, not some sweatshop overseas that exploits its workers. 

As for the design, that's totally your opinion and I can respect that! To each his own. I'm a huge fan of simple shoes, though. I'm almost 30 with a wife and kid and it's getting harder and harder to pull off flashy shoes so I appreciate being able to enjoy sneakers that are of highest quality and yet aren't too crazy when it comes to the color ways. 

Also, congrats on doubling up on the 575ENDs, great pair IMO.

really close to buying the mykonos, but i just remembered these

Last edited:

I think you missed the point of my post. What I was trying to communicate was that the pricing for these is standard for New Balance models in general. The price being $240 has less to do with Ronnie's name than you'd think. New Balance GR's retail routinely for well over $240 so the price point shouldn't be shocking at all. You mention the Concepts models but need to remember that the Lux Goods 997s were $215 retail and that the NYC 997s were $240 as well. New Balances lifestyle models in general are expensive as hell because they use great materials and they're made in the US, not some sweatshop overseas that exploits its workers. 

As for the design, that's totally your opinion and I can respect that! To each his own. I'm a huge fan of simple shoes, though. I'm almost 30 with a wife and kid and it's getting harder and harder to pull off flashy shoes so I appreciate being able to enjoy sneakers that are of highest quality and yet aren't too crazy when it comes to the color ways. 

Also, congrats on doubling up on the 575ENDs, great pair IMO.
Almost 30? Boy do I wish i was almost 30! LOL! I hear you on that but I've always been a classy looking kick vs flashy.

Thanks...love fancy boxes and they are great shoes with un real quality. I can just tell they are one messy meal or drunk night away from being fouled. Hence the dub up.

I have 1500 branding on my size 11.5 from NB in NY, but no 1500 branding on a size 12 from End. Kinda weird. But, I did not find any size 11.5US on UK sites, so its possibly that maybe they made a smaller run and something changed....I have no idea. I'll try to upload pics when I get home
Bet! 
nthat.gif
 & take a pic of the Dog Tag Production Number on the two pairs homie.

I went ahead and ordered over the weekend, probably the last few designs of this current color wheel that I've had queued up since early September. I can't wait for these joints to come in.. I hope no funny business happens with the box of these 3 pairs in the mail..​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom