Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

How do the 991.5 fit compared to a 997 and 998? Very interested in the YP 991.5 so I want to make sure I order the right size.

How do the 991.5 fit compared to a 997 and 998? Very interested in the YP 991.5 so I want to make sure I order the right size.
For me it fits more or less the same as a 997 and 998. For me 998s tend to be a bit roomier than both the 997 and 991.5 but I still get the same size nonetheless. Just go with your 997/998 size you'll be good.

Hey guys I'm new to new balance and was wondering if the 577 and 575 fits TTS? I see a lot of discussion about the 997 and 998 sizing but I haven't seen any sizing advice on the 577 and 575.

Hey guys I'm new to new balance and was wondering if the 577 and 575 fits TTS? I see a lot of discussion about the 997 and 998 sizing but I haven't seen any sizing advice on the 577 and 575.
577 was discussed in the previous page

tl;dr 577 and 575 fits TTS

Oh and @moshepark  i think i'm holding out on the yard pack so far cos i guess i'm not really THAT into them?

More hyped for 997JOL 990BTA2 and 997BKR to be honest

@moshepark   is quickly becoming the go-to guy for sizing in this thread, haha. 
Haha, naw man. It's just my opinion and what works for me. I honestly think the best way to find out what fits best is to try it on yourself. The problem today is that most of us purchase sneakers online so it's impossible to know what to do without trial and error. For some dudes the UK made NBs fit TTS. For me personally I do okay going .5 down like my U.S. made 997/998 size because I don't mind the snugger fit. There are some guys in here that also go TTS all across the board, whether it's NB or not. Best bet is really to try yourself.

Oh and @moshepark  i think i'm holding out on the yard pack so far cos i guess i'm not really THAT into them?

More hyped for 997JOL 990BTA2 and 997BKR to be honest
I hear you, homie. The 997JOL is really a thing of beauty- definitely keeping an eye out. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in outlets, either. I've also got my eyes on the 997BKRs from Concepts. They'll definitely go on sale out of nowhere sometime down the line. If their past discounts are any indication then I suspect they'll be available for close to 50% off. 

Kudos to you for holding out on the Yard Pack. It does seem like your size is available on several sites so I wouldn't be surprised if you caught the 577 or 1500s on discount sometime down the line. For me, personally, the more and more I see on feet pics the more and more I am convinced I should have pulled the trigger when I had the chance of purchasing from the euro sites with cheaper shipping options. 

Still, I need to be smarter about blowing all my sneakers funds on one pack as the year has just begun. You guys know that things will soon pick up in regards to collabs. I'm always wondering in the back of my mind what Concepts will have cooking next. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did another collab on a 99x model (I don't count the "Varsity Weekend" pack- in hindsight that was weird and I still don't quite get it).

IMO go TTS...AND check out the English Tender Pack! Came out last year and are SUPER DOPE and on sale if you can find them!

tl;dr 577 and 575 fits TTS
That's not the impression that I got.

Totally subjective in the end, but for me I would go .5 down in UK 575's.  I have no experience with 577's, but from what I've read, I'd go .5 down in those as well.

That's not the impression that I got.

Totally subjective in the end, but for me I would go .5 down in UK 575's.  I have no experience with 577's, but from what I've read, I'd go .5 down in those as well.
honestly depends what people mean when they say TTS

so unless we all know our Brannock size it's really better to include other shoes for reference

Allen Edmonds - 6.5EE

Flyknit Racer - 8.5

Ultra Boost 1.0 - 8.5

Ultra Boost 2.0 - 8

997 - 8

Leather lined 997 - 7.5

998 - 7.5

1300 - 7.5

1500 - 8

577 - 8

575 - 8

My TTS is 8 and i have a narrow foot.

Completely agree.  TTS doesn't mean what it used to mean to me anymore.

I wear 9.5-10 in pretty much everything and that varies between and within brands.  I can't really say either of them is my true size the way most of NT uses that term.

So when I post about basketball shoe sizing, I usually throw in a bunch of other shoes as references as you said, and much like other people do in this thread.

honestly depends what people mean when they say TTS

so unless we all know our Brannock size it's really better to include other shoes for reference

Allen Edmonds - 6.5EE

Flyknit Racer - 8.5

Ultra Boost 1.0 - 8.5

Ultra Boost 2.0 - 8

997 - 8

Leather lined 997 - 7.5

998 - 7.5

1300 - 7.5

1500 - 8

577 - 8

575 - 8

My TTS is 8 and i have a narrow foot.
@max90   - it would be helpful to reference here what @mykoh  is saying, in my opinion. Hopefully this helps you even more as you delve more into NBs :smile:

Caved and copped the 577YP from afew-store- came out to a shade under $167 after discount. Not thrilled with the price but not mad either as I seem to have no problem spending absurd amounts of money on Ronnie Fieg/Concepts collabs that cost way more so there's this strange double standard going on, lol. Decided to wait it out for the other pairs and see if I can snag them on disco potentially but for now I'm really happy to have purchased these. Thanks to @saalfish  for the assist!

Back
Top Bottom