Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

the ball & buck 585 was a collab. believe there were maybe one or two other collabs. others were GR. they are all a steal at $40--even the GRs. ball & buck at $40 is highway robbery. you should be locked up for 25 to life no parole
there's also the collab with Danner (585DR) which i really like

Last edited:
haha guess i was wrong! remember the overall reaction was positive but thought the first couple responses were 'meh'. can't find them now tho my bad
Guess that may be me? For the 35 anniversary I think I really want a grail 1500 re-issue with perforated toe that is hard to find now. They are producing 1500s with mesh toe lately. With a limited space for my kicks I need things to be different to justify my next purchase (and for me to wear them as much as possible). For this reason I like the 770 most, followed by 991 & 1500, although I will probably wait for the discount.

Last edited:
My 1500fa's arrived today. Glad I didn't hesitate. Went straight on feet. 20170805_121716_HDR~2.jpg

I've just become "woke" on New Balance and I was curious on how Fresh Foam and RevLite compare to a cushion like Boost or Lunarlon - particularly in a model like the Cruze or 573S. Thanks!

Never tried revlite tho heard the cushion and support are minimal. I've worn the other three options. In terms of comfort/support here's my ranking from most to least. Boost>lunarlon>foam

I went to the Brighton NB outlet yesterday. Still 25-50% off clearance items. I am SHOCKED that they have a few GEMS in my TRUE SIZE for $55!! The 997CHP, 997DTAG, 2016Black Suede, a few 997.5, a few 998, and a few 996!! This is by far the MOST I have ever seen in my size there! I guess the vulture that cherry picks my size must be on vacay!! hahahah!!

I didn't buy a THING!! I have a pair of 998nb1 on the way and I have to swap shoes out 3-4 times a day to wear all the gems I have now!

I went to the Brighton NB outlet yesterday. Still 25-50% off clearance items. I am SHOCKED that they have a few GEMS in my TRUE SIZE for $55!! The 997CHP, 997DTAG, 2016Black Suede, a few 997.5, a few 998, and a few 996!! This is by far the MOST I have ever seen in my size there! I guess the vulture that cherry picks my size must be on vacay!! hahahah!!

I didn't buy a THING!! I have a pair of 998nb1 on the way and I have to swap shoes out 3-4 times a day to wear all the gems I have now!

Damn, Brighton stay with the heat. Btw, thanks for those 997s you grabbed for me, they've been worn a lot the past 2 weeks.

remy remy
What vinylbeing vinylbeing said. NYC ballparks, but I still don't know where the name "hilltop blues" fits in though?

Here's what I think. Hilltop Park was the nickname of a baseball park that stood in the Washington Heights neighborhood of New York City. And i think jcrew used a play on words of the tv show "hill street blues." Maybe someone here who works for jcrew knows of a better explaination.

waiwai waiwai

Appreciate it. Im a 12 in my 998s and usually a 13 in my 997 but sometimes a 12 works. You think I would be good with a 12? How are they on the width side?

Last edited:
waiwai waiwai

Appreciate it. Im a 12 in my 998s and usually a 13 in my 997 but sometimes a 12 works. You think I would be good with a 12? How are they on the width side?
I go half up from my 997 due to my feet bone being slightly protruding which hurt if wesring it for long. Half up for 574 width wise fit nice, but the length is slightly long, but negligible for me.

I go half up from my 997 due to my feet bone being slightly protruding which hurt if wesring it for long. Half up for 574 width wise fit nice, but the length is slightly long, but negligible for me.

Appreciate the info.

Yea some dudes find it a bit narrow so they go half size up. For reference my tts nb with D width fits fine

In case sb is looking for a 998bd in us 11 pm me. There's a guy in one of the NB fb groups selling a pair for 60€, 8/10 condition, located in germany. And no, it's not me :wink:

Back
Top Bottom