Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm thinking they'll be $180 like the 998 NB1s.

I'm hoping the tongue colors will be independent options.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtgR-uGhTPv
C2CA5530-6285-4E21-BF14-101E2200E846.jpeg

The main problem is that NB1 pairs are ridiculously expensive here in europe ... Won't change for this 997 so i'll probably just try some cw for fun and look at what y'all will do ...

A new pair of GR 997s is 209.99, I can’t see NB1s being cheaper than that. My guess is $230. And i will prob make two right off the bat if the color wheel is decent.

agreed... 230 is what I had in mind as well... anything less than 210 would be shocking

What’s the verdict?

NB needs to take better stock photos haha. They're not as flat as the stock picks look. I like them a lot. Honestly, they feel similar to the v4 in terms of sizing for the mesh pairs. I thought the plastic ankle piece wasn't sewn on the shoe and would bend independently but it is indeed sewn on. Insole feels softer for sure. I will get around to wearing them more as weather allows.

See, not as long and flat as the stock photos, and i wear an 11.5

Image_1 2019-02-05_16-03-40.jpeg

NB needs to take better stock photos haha. They're not as flat as the stock picks look. I like them a lot. Honestly, they feel similar to the v4 in terms of sizing for the mesh pairs. I thought the plastic ankle piece wasn't sewn on the shoe and would bend independently but it is indeed sewn on. Insole feels softer for sure. I will get around to wearing them more as weather allows.

on fleek on feet

It's gonna take a seriously incredible cw for me to grab these V5's. They just seem like V4-lite to me in literally every pic (granted, I love the V4 silhouette, unlike many here)

It's gonna take a seriously incredible cw for me to grab these V5's. They just seem like V4-lite to me in literally every pic (granted, I love the V4 silhouette, unlike many here)

I love the V4s and i know ima love the V5. I feel where u coming from but i think they made subtle advancements that work. But bro if we lucky the V4 will be on NB1 in the near future

I love the V4s and i know ima love the V5. I feel where u coming from but i think they made subtle advancements that work. But bro if we lucky the V4 will be on NB1 in the near future

I'm just not on board on the V5 changes whatsoever.

As for the possibility of NB1 V4 options -- I'd love it, personally. But see some of the above exchange as to why that might not be a total positive.

Interesting. Re sizing, do you size differently for nubuck vs mesh v4?

That’s a nicely executed cw.

I’m looking to playing with the NB1 997 options tomorrow!

Oh wow! I didn’t know that the 997s cost more than the 998s. Numerically, I thought the 998 would cost more cost more than 997. What’s the reasoning behind NB model numbers btw? I’m still a NewB :blush::lol:

I’ll be hoping you guys get good options for the 997. I’m not the biggest fan of them, because I feel like there is too much heel or something, so I doubt I even bother getting any pairs. I am excited to see what some of you guys can put together and I admit, that if they cool enough I might steal them lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom