Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

That’s what I was wondering about

I’m not the sharpest crayon in the tool shed

But if they paid 1.2m to the feds, and are off the hook… are they actually innocent of the charges or they just threw money at it and made it go away. Cuz if they didn’t do no wrong, if it was my business I’d want that 1.2 back
This is a shot in the dark because I have zero legal expertise: This might be a case of getting caught doing something that you didn't exactly know was wrong, being essentially innocent but technically guilty, for whatever extenuating circumstances, and paying a fine rather than fighting it further and potentially facing additional punishment. The 1.2 Mil is probably peanuts compared to what they could have lost in fines, legal fees, jail time, and reputation.

Not exactly analogous at all, but kinda similar...... I got a speeding ticket early this summer. I was wearing New Balance 990v3s at the time. It was a school zone and a construction zone. I knew it was a construction zone because it was obvious. However, I didn't know it was a school zone because the detour for the construction zone routed me around the school and I wasn't familiar with the area. It was a major road, a quarter mile from the freeway on ramp, and there were literally no speed limit signs for a mile on either side of the road (I know because I went back and walked the mile in both directions recording and looking for a sign, so I could use the video in court). So I had no idea how fast to go or not go, but ignorance isn't an excuse to "break the law". That same street on my side of town has a 45mph limit and drops to 35mph during construction. I was dinged going 42 but was already slowing down trying to play it safe even before I saw the cop lights. He told me the limit was 25mph. I told the cop I didn't see any signs. He said it was there and "let me off easy" with a 5 over in a construction zone with no mention of the school zone. Went to court to fight it, wearing New Balance 990v2s. The judge made me wait for the cop to arrive who got there 20 minutes late. I offered to show them the video proving speed limit signs weren't posted when I was ticketed and a video I took the morning of the court date showing signs were finally up. Judge refused to see the video and when I asked him how am I supposed to obey a speed limit when it's not posted, the judge said he has to "take the word of the officer" and that I didn't "have enough evidence to prove I didn't break the law". Judge said I could pay the initial fine or I could pay the full fine for going 15 over in a school zone and 15 over in a construction zone. I paid the $170 for the initial ticket. Two weeks later I get a letter in the mail saying if I pay $35 for a safe driving course the whole thing is wiped from my record. I paid it and took the course bringing my total to $205 for this non sense.

Like James Whitner I still maintain my innocence and think the whole thing was ridiculous and now HATE the city of St Clair Shores Michigan :angry: . Also like James Whitner, despite sincerely believing that based on the facts I owe the City of St Clair Shores Michigan NOTHING AT ALL I'd rather pay them $205 rather than pay them more and have my insurance rates jump because a huge ticket is on my record. Lesser of two evils 🤷🏿‍♂️.

If you can't tell I'm still pissed and took this as an excuse to tell someone else about it 😂. You know how many New Balances I could have gotten for $205?! ALMOST ONE! One, maybe two if I caught the Oneness sale at the right time.

Still can't tell lol

1727281065835.png
Maybe they are camo🤷🏿‍♂️? I did a circle search to see if I could find similar laces. The below popped up and I assumed from the thumb nail they were houndstooth when I clicked the image the description said "woodland camo". Not exactly the same color but the pattern looks very similar.
1000009764.jpg

This is a shot in the dark because I have zero legal expertise: This might be a case of getting caught doing something that you didn't exactly know was wrong, being essentially innocent but technically guilty, for whatever extenuating circumstances, and paying a fine rather than fighting it further and potentially facing additional punishment. The 1.2 Mil is probably peanuts compared to what they could have lost in fines, legal fees, jail time, and reputation.

Not exactly analogous at all, but kinda similar...... I got a speeding ticket early this summer. I was wearing New Balance 990v3s at the time. It was a school zone and a construction zone. I knew it was a construction zone because it was obvious. However, I didn't know it was a school zone because the detour for the construction zone routed me around the school and I wasn't familiar with the area. It was a major road, a quarter mile from the freeway on ramp, and there were literally no speed limit signs for a mile on either side of the road (I know because I went back and walked the mile in both directions recording and looking for a sign, so I could use the video in court). So I had no idea how fast to go or not go, but ignorance isn't an excuse to "break the law". That same street on my side of town has a 45mph limit and drops to 35mph during construction. I was dinged going 42 but was already slowing down trying to play it safe even before I saw the cop lights. He told me the limit was 25mph. I told the cop I didn't see any signs. He said it was there and "let me off easy" with a 5 over in a construction zone with no mention of the school zone. Went to court to fight it, wearing New Balance 990v2s. The judge made me wait for the cop to arrive who got there 20 minutes late. I offered to show them the video proving speed limit signs weren't posted when I was ticketed and a video I took the morning of the court date showing signs were finally up. Judge refused to see the video and when I asked him how am I supposed to obey a speed limit when it's not posted, the judge said he has to "take the word of the officer" and that I didn't "have enough evidence to prove I didn't break the law". Judge said I could pay the initial fine or I could pay the full fine for going 15 over in a school zone and 15 over in a construction zone. I paid the $170 for the initial ticket. Two weeks later I get a letter in the mail saying if I pay $35 for a safe driving course the whole thing is wiped from my record. I paid it and took the course bringing my total to $205 for this non sense.

Like James Whitner I still maintain my innocence and think the whole thing was ridiculous and now HATE the city of St Clair Shores Michigan :angry: . Also like James Whitner, despite sincerely believing that based on the facts I owe the City of St Clair Shores Michigan NOTHING AT ALL I'd rather pay them $205 rather than pay them more and have my insurance rates jump because a huge ticket is on my record. Lesser of two evils 🤷🏿‍♂️.

If you can't tell I'm still pissed and took this as an excuse to tell someone else about it 😂. You know how many New Balances I could have gotten for $205?! ALMOST ONE! One, maybe two if I caught the Oneness sale at the right time.
I want my 3.5 minutes back

The point I got from your story is don’t wear new balance cause people will know you have money haha

kinda busy, so look around on the site for other stuff…. But use code END30 for 30% off

Good looks! Finally got my Driftwoods on a good discount!

11 biggest size
Curse of Sz 12 strikes again

Back
Top Bottom