Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Day 11. NB1 998 "Mulled Wine" S/o to @Remy​

I know I'm late but I may have to copy these; I've been seeing too much heat on here and these just put me over the top man fireeee

I had a sample pair and the fit blows. Not a lot of support and the back heel makes you feel like your going to walk out of the shoe. My sample pair was all black so nice that they are making them look nice.

Damn how did you manage that? Think it would have helped to size down?

My first thought was NB trying to be adidas :smh:

I thought the same thing, looks like an Adidas EQT ADV knockoff. But my guess is these were in production even before that pair was released. I could be wrong.

Even though the shape and silo remind me of the newer Adidas shoes I actually like the way it looks. Curious to see what colorways they release to the public.

The new Packer CML, does it have a leather liner? The only NB I own are the Concepts NYC Rivalry (size 10), the RF Cyclades (size 10) and the Wooly Mammoth (size 10.5). All fit perfect. Looking for size info on the Packer. Thanks.
Anyone?

Damn how did you manage that? Think it would have helped to size down?
I thought the same thing, looks like an Adidas EQT ADV knockoff. But my guess is these were in production even before that pair was released. I could be wrong.

Even though the shape and silo remind me of the newer Adidas shoes I actually like the way it looks. Curious to see what colorways they release to the public.
Have a buddy that works there that got me into the wear testers program. Pretty sure I got kicked out after posting a pic of them about 6 months ago since I have not got a pair since haha. I would say the model runs TTS just not a vey comfortable shoe IMO. 

The grey space in between the laces and the beginning of the green toe looks giant 

Anyone interested in either pair from Offspring?

576 looks pretty good but I'm waiting on a full pic to really decide

Go ahead and make that switch my friend, black laces look incredible. This was a killer release and couldn't come
From a cooler shop.

I was visiting from NC the day of release in NYC. Walked into West and actually got to meet Lester Wasserman. We were chopping it up about the Alpines and he said "what size are you man?" Walked back out with the last size 12 in the 530s for me..was a real cool day
You really did some digging for this post :lol:

These are so amazing. I am jealous of you normal/smaller-footed brothers. Everytime I see you guys rock these monotone mulled wine/dusty blossom gems I get so sad. Cyber Monday would've been amazing if they made these available. I wonder if NB will ever listen to us?

P R E A C H. I'm so salty.

^IMO, yes. But, be aware that the orange uppers on these will bleed. I saw a few DS pairs for sale recently at NB Outlets that already had orange bleeding onto to the midsole...

Good deal for $40?
Did you buy them already? If yes, then that is a steal... If not, read below. 

Don't get them if you're not that into them. I used to buy sneakers just because they were a steal, but they ended up just sitting on my shelf wasting space. The fact that you had to ask if it was a good deal tells me that they're not a must have for you, otherwise you would have already pulled the trigger.

Last edited:

Did you buy them already? If yes, then that is a steal... If not, read below. 

Don't get them if you're not that into them. I used to buy sneakers just because they were a steal, but they ended up just sitting on my shelf wasting space. The fact that you had to ask if it was a good deal tells me that they're not a must have for you, otherwise you would have already pulled the trigger.
You're exactly right. I don't have a massive collection, about 50 pairs, but it's still enough options that I'd rarely, if ever, wear them. But damn for $40? haha

You're exactly right. I don't have a massive collection, about 50 pairs, but it's still enough options that I'd rarely, if ever, wear them. But damn for $40? haha
Yeah. Honestly, I'd be so tempted by that price, but I know I would get them home and wear them once, maybe twice.

But if you dig them, obviously go for it! 

Back
Top Bottom