Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Asking for some advice on a little custom job (non-NB). I have this pair of Horween Vans.
f17-vault-horween-6

Love the leather but prefer a more retro look. The whites are too bright for me. I bought some snearkersER midsole pen and plan to give a creamy look to the midsole.
Now does anyone have recommendation on how to dye the white vans "logo" on the side? they are leathers. I am thinking brown and deep purple.
I’m no expert at all, but if it’s a leather then you should be able to do like a leather dye or paint. I think you might have to do something to clear whatever finish may have been put on the leather. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube.

I’m thinking of doing some customizations myself

Nice pair though. I always wanted some Horween Vans but I guess they completely slipped my mind. Lol

I ended up returning my MRK (Mustard Relish Ketchup) NB998s yesterday. I didn’t feel they were worth close to the retail price; HOWEVER, I stumbled across pairs on eBay for $111 shipped and recopped!

Just message eBay seller noddyboy78 with your size

Asking for some advice on a little custom job (non-NB). I have this pair of Horween Vans.
f17-vault-horween-6

Love the leather but prefer a more retro look. The whites are too bright for me. I bought some snearkersER midsole pen and plan to give a creamy look to the midsole.
Now does anyone have recommendation on how to dye the white vans "logo" on the side? they are leathers. I am thinking brown and deep purple.
First you want to use a deglazer to take the finish off the leather. Then apply some Angelus leather paint in thin coats on the stripe, giving plenty of drying time bewtween each. Finally you want to brush on a clear coat to guard against chipping. I would go with matte personally but you can use a glossy if that’s your preference. You should be find everything you need at https://angelusdirect.com/. I think there is a customs section on this forum, might find some more detailed info there.

First you want to use a deglazer to take the finish off the leather. Then apply some Angelus leather paint in thin coats on the stripe, giving plenty of drying time bewtween each. Finally you want to brush on a clear coat to guard against chipping. I would go with matte personally but you can use a glossy if that’s your preference. You should be find everything you need at https://angelusdirect.com/. I think there is a customs section on this forum, might find some more detailed info there.

This is good info. I will have to look for the customization thread. It would be cool to customize some 1400JWT

If anyone’s in NYC $37 from finish line in Macy’s on 34th. Plus they got a couple other color ways

Attachments

• 7341061C-AAC6-4757-AFD9-29572F616BF3.jpeg
    7341061C-AAC6-4757-AFD9-29572F616BF3.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 26
Thanks @geist 6and7 and jamesandstl jamesandstl for the tips, i never really browsed their page till now. There's much much more products than I could have imagined. The leather lace will make some of my horween NB extra crispy

The 1300 clb? That plastic piece new balance been using has been messing up a lot of nice shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom