Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Homie might need a hug but he’s right..
The reaching is unreal. Purposefully ****ty stitching? While the rest of the shoe should be ok? Come on

Last couple...
78482A22-4424-425C-9F39-6379CAD4C7F0.jpeg
683F8449-D56D-4348-8867-80FC2119FE02.jpeg

Apparently ALD will have the highest production than any collab ever. 990V5 will he produced in high numbers and could even hit discocount. However the v2 will be more limited, if they are reserving for loyal customers then online could have as little as one to no pairs.

Last edited:
Has it always been that way? You seem to have alot of knowledge with manufacturing. Do you work at the factory? Why program it to make it look like a 5 year old stitched it ? Its an easy fix with technology and if they can adapt it to other models, can they not adapt it to the 990v2?

Every pair I have seen has been that way. I do not have any experience in shoe manufacturing but i have seen a lot of youtube videos from both the us and uk factories to know what parts are hand stitched and what is computerized.

Personally a rounded stitch on the N is not going to turn me off from a fire colorway/style but thats me

BTW, Elite Gent 991's arrived today. Kinda disappointed in the materials, tbh. The leather isn't nearly as rich/supple as I expected.

Bummer, they look so good. To be honest, I've been disappointed by NBs that employ leather that's not Horween. The quality is simply on another level compared to the "leather" you typically see from other shoe companies.

With that said, those elite gents still look really nice. Maybe they'll break in and soften up with some wear?

Bummer, they look so good. To be honest, I've been disappointed by NBs that employ leather that's not Horween. The quality is simply on another level compared to the "leather" you typically see from other shoe companies.

With that said, those elite gents still look really nice. Maybe they'll break in and soften up with some wear?

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. Not like I'll be returning em to END...

Horween woulda been perfect.

Apparently ALD will have the highest production than any collab ever. 990V5 will he produced in high numbers and could even hit discocount. However the v2 will be more limited, if they are reserving for loyal customers then online could have as little as one to no pairs.

Well aren't you a buzzkill :wink:

Just to give a better view — here are my 991 Elite Gent’s next to my Horween FEB4’s:

96F4BA4E-1CE0-489D-B439-3CDBB0C7F14E.jpeg

29029D18-E96C-4F15-BC57-70F91B856295.jpeg

Easier to see in the heel than on the toe.

J crew rattlesnakes just showed up for those who want some.

I grabbed a few pair.

Last edited:
**** man....was showing a size 11 on there all damn day but couldn’t add to cart. Now they’re completely OOS yet again. J. Crew is trash with their restocks. :smh:

ALD has such a nice store/cafe. If i can help it I try buying directly from there rather than online. Very chill / friendly staff as well.

Back
Top Bottom