Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Yesterday's and today's wear.

Last edited:

I've had 997GY and now 997GY2 and both pairs have flawless midsole finish. These type of smooth painted midsoles are very hard to get right (just look at how terrible Nike retros are).

Your best bet are the dyed foam ones they usually come out perfect (i.e. 990, 996, 1400).
You are right about these painted midsoles. I just had a closer look at my other two 997's and I can see how its very hard to be flawlessly smooth. The 997CGR and 997DGM I have have close to perfect finishes.

I guess this was just the first time I really noticed, but yeah it really is nothing to complain about. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
anyone used Navy on their NB1 customs? Base Underlay/Toe colors would be fine. Just wanted to check before I pull the trigger on a navy pair :smile: bless! 

Just flipped thru some of my old Shoes Master mags and found this. I wonder why NB doesn't retro the 730, maybe it looks too similar to the 990.

those of you who ordered the hilltop blues recently. post pics please?  curious if they got the old/original shape or they got the updated puffs

Just copped an M998 Bringback for a c-note off eBay. It was posted up today, and I gave it a prelim legit check.. looks good but does it seem like most 998 boxes are different? There seems to be a rotation of like, a red-sided box, gray-sided box, and blue-sided box. It seems the M998 Bringbacks came in all those box colors.. not sure if that's something to be concerned about. 

Last edited:
Fam, can someone please advise on sizing for the Grey M997GY Reissue Made in USA??

For reference i wear a 9.5 in the M998 Made in USA Grey and size 9 in the wings + horns MT580.

Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

Just copped an M998 Bringback for a c-note off eBay. It was posted up today, and I gave it a prelim legit check.. looks good but does it seem like most 998 boxes are different? There seems to be a rotation of like, a red-sided box, gray-sided box, and blue-sided box. It seems the M998 Bringbacks came in all those box colors.. not sure if that's something to be concerned about. 

That box is standard for them. My 998GY's from a few years back came in the same box as well as the 998GNR's.

those of you who ordered the hilltop blues recently. post pics please?  curious if they got the old/original shape or they got the updated puffs
you have to get lucky.  i was able to choose from 2 pairs during the first run of the HTB's.  bc i ordered a pair at retail and while waiting for them a discount came along.  so i ordered another and returned the retail one.  shape was different for both pairs.  one good the other bad. 

regardless, i do have another pair coming in this week.  i'll let you guys know if there's anything notable

Fam, can someone please advise on sizing for the Grey M997GY Reissue Made in USA??

For reference i wear a 9.5 in the M998 Made in USA Grey and size 9 in the wings + horns MT580.

Thanks in advance.
happy.gif
i'd go with your 998 sizing

Thanks in advance.
happy.gif
997 and 998 fit the same for me. If half a size too tight then just use Rochester or Woodlore stretchable shoe trees and leave them in to stretch the shoes for a few days. The only models I ever had to do this were 1500SGB and 576NGA (both Made in England). Made in USA never a problem (I buy US12 for all NBs). Sorry never had MT580.

Last edited:
Just ordered the grey 998s from Jcrew. Had a hard time picking between a pair of nighthawks and the grey.

Kind of a big request but does anyone have a list of all the Jcrew 998 NB releases? Or does anyone have a ballpark number of collaborations between these two?

Back
Top Bottom